Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:50:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Soviet Naval Infantry  (Read 6989 times)

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
    • Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog
Soviet Naval Infantry
« on: July 15, 2012, 07:02:43 PM »
I finished up the last of the Soviet Naval Infantry I have this weekend. I think I'll have to pick up the Bolt Action command group just to finish off the force. Here's what I have so far:

These are a mix of Black Tree Design and Bolt Action Miniatures (Warlord Games).

Here are some comparison shots of the two:

Telogreika (the padded winter uniform jacket) and SMGs. From left to right: Black Tree, Bolt Action, Black Tree

All but one of the BTD naval Infantry are wearing Telogreika (the padded winter uniform jacket) with Ppsh… the only other is the officer in the coat with a pistol (see below).

Coats. From left to right: Bolt Action, Black Tree, Bolt Action

Others with SMGs. From left to right: Black Tree, Bolt Action, Black Tree, Bolt Action, Black Tree, Bolt Action, Black Tree

Assorted. From left to right: Bolt Action (with DP and coat), Black Tree (Telogreika and SMG), Bolt Action (Coat and SMG), Bolt Action (Shirt and Rifle), Bolt Action (Telogreika and SMG), Black Tree (Telogreika and SMG), Bolt Action (Shirt and Rifle), Black Tree (Telogreika and SMG), Bolt Action (Shirt and Rifle), Black Tree (Telogreika and SMG)

In the firs two comparison shots it seems pretty obvious that the Black Tree minis are noticeably bigger than the Bolt Action miniatures. In the other shots, especially the first (whole force) shot it is less noticeable. I have no problem using the two together... but I'm not the fussy sort...

Does anyone know of any other manufacturers making Soviet Naval Infantry in 28mm? Especially any with Support weapons (Maxim teams, etc?)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:33:13 PM by tim in saskatoon »

Offline Gothic Line

• Scientist
 They look amazing great blog too!
 The slight difference in height is good in my opinion people should realize soldiers vary in height in real life!

I (Gothic Line) have the perfect opponents for them: Japanese in the Manchurian campaign, where Soviet Naval Infantry was very much photographed, a great picture of a soldier firing a Lewis gun springs to mind.

Also have Germans of course!

You can see them here: www.gothicline.webs.com
 And on the blog : wargames48.blogspot.com
 Best regards
 Gui

Offline batpan

• Student
BTD has a support team, a Russian sailor HMG team:
http://www.blacktreedesign.com/europe/product.php?productid=25027&cat=2543&page=1
The Bolt Action command group is great, you have to pick it up to complete your amazing force.

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
BTD has a support team, a Russian sailor HMG team:
http://www.blacktreedesign.com/europe/product.php?productid=25027&cat=2543&page=1
The Bolt Action command group is great, you have to pick it up to complete your amazing force.

Thanks! I don't know how I didn't notice those before...!? Were they recently re-released or was there just no pictures before..?
I'm a little wary of ordering pack from BTD (or anywhere, for that matter) that I can't see the figures of beforehand...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Westwind also make some rather nice ones in greatcoat and then of course there's the Brigade Games versions. Both are useful if you want to get a more historical balance of rifles into your force.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline batpan

• Student
I saw the BTD Maxim picture last summer. I do not know if they removed it and released it again in the meanwhile. BTD has a pack of four sailor characters as well. I bought them because I needed one of them (the right one with the bag) to convert him to a medic. I say this in case you need one for your force.

Offline eastern barbarian

• Mad Scientist
great painting! They look absolutely fantastic plus I always had a soft spot for Russian Naval Infantry :)

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
By the way, you might as well be used to supplement his squad of sailors from figure Copplestone Casting the period of the Civil War.
Russian naval uniform has not changed. This will help correct the balance of weapons - too many submachine guns. Also, there is also a machine gun "Maxim".

But the commanders have to figure a little altered. If you need to - I can tell you what to change.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:56:57 PM by cuprum »

Offline tim in saskatoon

• Mad Scientist
Re: Soviet Naval Infantry (West Wind Productions Added 23 August 12)
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
Thanks all!

As West Wind Productions is having a sale at the moment, I took the opportunity to add a few more Naval Infantrymen to my force.

From Left to Right: Black Tree Design, West Wind, Bolt Action, West Wind, Black Tree Design, Bolt Action, West Wind, Bolt Action.

There's a couple more pics on my blog

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Excellent! Good figures.

I want to say that Western sculptors often wrong when they do Soviet naval infantry.
 Russian sailors never wear the blue shirt untucked! She always tucked into pants!
 Can be worn over trousers - only the white shirt work - but only if the service on the ship.

Offline ACW Gamer

• Scientist
    • Raven Banner Games
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 04:48:21 AM »
I have seen some sailor heads that might be useful for converting Naval Infantry. Wear Russian sailors allowed to have beards during the Second World War?

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 04:54:18 AM »
During the Second World War in the Russian army and navy had no beard. An exception could be made only for those who had a wound to the face. Also could wear a beard partisans and militias.

Offline ACW Gamer

• Scientist
    • Raven Banner Games
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 05:17:35 AM »
Thanks Cuprum, I knew you would have the answer!

Offline ACW Gamer

• Scientist
    • Raven Banner Games
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 05:19:37 AM »
What about mustaches?

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 05:48:27 AM »
Moustaches are allowed at will.