Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 10:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: I'm putting together a team...  (Read 1894 times)

Offline NewEvolutionGames

• Bookworm
I'm putting together a team...
« on: July 27, 2012, 08:05:47 AM »
Any of you familiar with my history know that I am a fan of Kickstarter. Kickstarter has become the go-to place for funding of both new projects and old. I watched as Sedition Wars pulled in nearly a million dollars and came to the conclusion that big success/huge initial launches are entirely possible with Kickstater.

I am not a sculptor, I write, I develop, I brainstorm. I'm an idea guy. I think I have an idea that would appeal to alot of people and could be huge. Unfortunately with my wife and I still undergoing fertility treatments and surviving on my Army pay, I have no capital to get my company off the ground. Kickstarter is the perfect place for me to start.

I'd like to put together a team. A small group of professionals that want to break into the industry and want to do it big. I need partners, not someone looking for work for hire. In my opinion, someone with a vested interest in the success of a project will work harder to see it through. If a big named sculptor wanted to throw their name in and offer their services based on the success of the project, that'd be a great assistance.

If anyone is interested, email me at newevolutiongames(at)gmail(dot)com. I want to put together a proposal and get all the details straight before we launch the project. I have an artist, but more art is always welcome. Any sculptors, artists, or writers out there that want to see if we can create something amazing, feel free to email me and we'll work out the details.

Rob

Robert Fisher
Founder- New Evolution Games(Formerly New Evolution Studios)

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
Re: I'm putting together a team...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »
I would suggest giving a bit of background on what it is that you're interested in doing, because while Kickstarter is a great way to get things off the ground, it really only works if you have a fantastic idea, or something that looks really amazing (or ideally, both).
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline NewEvolutionGames

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 07:47:53 PM »
Repoman,

Agreed, and that is why I am putting together this team. I have several ideas, but the one I am leaning toward is a 28mm Post-Apocalyptic board game. I'm looking for likeminded individuals who are interested in teaming up to put together the kickstarter project. I need sculptors, artists, and maybe even another writer to help flesh out the rules and fluff. Even the word of a sculptor that upon success they would sculpt can go a long way since I can't commission greens ahead of time.

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »
I would also love to work in a business such as this but alas I am also an Idea's guy so I don't believe I would be much use to you.