Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686443
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Field Report: SA-120913-F  (Read 1369 times)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Field Report: SA-120913-F
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
I played a game of my Threshold against a friend last night. I lost again, but thankfully didn't suffer much in the way of serious casualties. No major injuries anyway...
(Also posted from my blog at http://obsidian3d.blogspot.ca/2012/09/field-report-sa-120814-f.html)

Friday, Sept 14th - 1922

ATTN: Director Silver
RE: Civilian death incurred during Threshold operation SA-120913-F

Director,

While investigating a the disappearance of several paleontologists on a dig near Drumheller, AB we encountered several cult members attempting to gain control of a rampaging fishman. The two newest agents who joined us after the unfortunate deaths of Trisha Kellington and Arthur Hendry fought well, and we were able to kill the creature.

The cultists seemed to go into a maniacal frenzy after the loss of fiend and we were forced to retreat. I was able to keep our activities quiet, but I've enclosed an excerpt from the "Drumheller Mail" that appeared this morning.

Carl Selinger

Man Found Dead After Vicious Animal Attack

The body of a man was found near an excavation site early this morning by representatives from the Tyrell Museum. Police have identified the corpse as that belonging to a Calgary man named James Forester, Jr.

Two days ago police were called to the site to investigate the disappearance of the team conducting the dig where a large fossilized tyrannosaur skeleton had been discovered. It was originally thought that there might be foul play involved, but with the discovery of Forester's body that has been ruled out.

The corpse was found severely mauled around the back and neck, as though from a very large predator, possibly a wolf. Fetid black fluid was found in the wounds and surrounding the body, but police investigators report that it may simply be the by-product of small organisms feeding on the dead flesh.

Photos were not made available by police due to their grisly nature.

Mr. Forester had no surviving immediate family. None of his acquaintances had seen him for several months, and how he came to be at the dig site still remains a mystery. A memorial service will be held next week following the cremation of the remains.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Field Report: SA-120913-F
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 05:48:31 PM »
Great stuff!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »
I like little touches like this, they really add to the flavour of a campaign

Maybe a scenario where you have to 'silence' the papparazzi that are following your exploits is warranted.....
 ;)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:49:52 PM »
Thanks! :) I hadn't really thought of pursuing it beyond this. I just took some inspiration from the cool custom sculpted (and extremely heavy) board that we were playing on. I probably won't be posting up any Strange Aeons reports for a few weeks, as I won't have time to play until end of the month. :(

If I can actually get some decent skills (ie: win a bloody game or two) I'd like to try the campaign from the second Shocking Tales book. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Offline karlosrolero

• Assistant
  • Kaz... I'm already a demon...
    • The Hobby's Den (spanish)
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »
Love your AAR's ! I've been reading them all this morning and I love it... This is what I like from this game, the background and the love you get from your group. Its not like other wargames where when a mini dies you say "Ahhh f*** it, tomorrow you'll be alive again or replaced by other soldier" and that you care and make a history for the games and your minis. I f****** love Lovecraft themed things haha. Keep showing the AAR's, love em and I'm getting ideas :D

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Much appreciated. :)