Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:03:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690586
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi - new project - Frontier World Colonists added!  (Read 9418 times)

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
  • Post Apocalyptic Nut Job
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
15mm Sci Fi - new project - Frontier World Colonists added!
« on: October 07, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »
I have been hankering to give 15s a go for ages. I found a pile of minis I got off ebay before perverse quantities of money was asked for a mini (looong ago!).

I have my own Space Opera setting I call "Wild Galaxy" covering space nations. This was started in Starship scales for scratch built and bought fleets. Then 28mm followed but giving the cool 15s out there I dug these out to paint them to give 15mm a whirl.

First up - the Warriors of the Tengun Empire

The Tengun Empire is a largely piratical bunch of ex criminals. Some history...

As the Terra Empire collapsed the prisoners on Nicoli, in the Tengun system rebelled. Fighting started in the world’s prison hives. It was intense and pretty violent. They took over the penal world and looked to free the other Penal Worlds in the system. After several years of struggle they had freed the assorted scum in the Penal worlds of Sans Mary and Overton.

The criminals set up a new civilisation. For many years the system was as criminal’s paradise but it is now coming under new rule and its enforcers brutally put down any one who stands against it or breaking its laws. Uprisings by the Institution and Paddy’s killers gangs where slapped down and the Tengun Emperor’s rule, a character called Big George is now unchallenged.

The world of Nicoli rules the system. Nicoli is a barren desert world. Sans Mary is mostly deserts around the world equatorial regions although it has large temperate zones the Tengun’s use to produce crops. Overton is a barren atmosphere less world that is covered by enclosed bases. Bull’s Ring is a large circular space station at the systems edge beyond the Overton Debris fields (massive fields of scrap generated by the penal colonies that where dumped in space).

The criminals of the worlds have modified civilian ships adding armour and weapons. The Tengun Empire does not produce vessels but will happily modify any vessels they capture to suit their needs.

The Tengun Empire’s ships are painted grey with yellow highlights. The Tengun flag is also present on larger vessels – three yellow balls set in a triangle pattern linked by a yellow line. The Yellow balls represent the three worlds of the "Empire" (which is little more than a very small space nation).

The Tengun fleet looks beyond its own system for goods to survive and prey’s on other fleets out in space. They detest Space Pirates as they are competition and will attack them upon discovery.

Light Power Armored warriors with Grav flight packs.

Minis are Laserburn I think.

Armoured in armour fashioned from scrap in the space fields Tengun Warriors raid!

A rival - A Power Armoured Space Pirate in my Standard SPace Pirate Colours (I use it on ships and everything else I can)...

I suspect I am going to like this scale but I wont be able to tell fully until I have painted the next lot in the loot pile.  :D

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:43:10 PM by mattblackgod »
Mattblackgod's world - Games and minis blog.

Offline zorg

• Librarian
Re: 15mm Sci Fi - new project.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:55:48 PM »
I like the rust effect on the last model. Looking forward to the next bunch!
understanding is a three-edged sword

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »
 Off to a great start.  :)
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »
A good start :)

Those Laserburn minis bring back fond memories of my youth :)

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 09:23:41 AM »
you actually made those sculpts look good! I have never liked them before. Welcome to the 15mm club :)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »
Looks pretty good, like the others I like the rust effect on the last pirate.
If you're after some rules for them I can recommend 'Fireteam Andromeda' written by LAF's own Phoenikuz.
Duncan

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:33:18 AM »
Thanks - I will look into it.  :) That isnt rust its my space Pirate red dazzle paintjob.  o_o lol

Next up:- The Alliance

The Alliance was formed from three space nations. New China, The Galactic States of America and the United Anglo States (China, USA and a mix of British & Canadian colonies). As the Nu Terran empire asserted itself it launched massive attacks on all the newly formed space nations. Deadly planetary bombardments left the worlds Nu London, Beijing and Manhattan as radioactive contaminated ruins. Washington, Manchester and Glasgow narrowly escaped from light bombardments as their brave fleets performed desperate suicide runs on the Nu Terra battleships.

Other pressures on these nations came from the Neo Soviet Peoples Federation, Europa and a mixed bag of homegrown terrorists. In this time of need they formed the Alliance which has since become a federated state with its capitol at Hong. The Alliance became the superpower in the Galaxy controlling over 90 systems. They forced Nu Terra and its other enemies to peaceful negations. Despite the "peace" between the major powers it doesn't stop frontier skirmishes between them. 

The Alliance has influence in the outer worlds and trys to play big brother whenever they can causing much mistrust and hatred of the Alliance.

Two squads of infantry

Heavily armoured infantry with grav packs.

Power Armoured Alliance troops.

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »
Got me some vehicles too....

This is a Laserburn vehicle and came as part of my "cheap ebay deal"

I am using this as a APC for Tengun. I am not too impressed with the quality of the casting and the model had thick flash lines.

As I picture some battles on distant mining worlds I needed some suitable mining machines...

Pictured with posing space pirates. This was a Matchbox toy just repainted. I am not too sure about the horns. Should I clip them off?

Offline Thorlongus

• Assistant
    • my blog of 15mm stuff
Re: 15mm Sci Fi - new project - new force and vehicles!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 02:44:55 PM »
very nice, would love to have a set of rules... maybe a future mod of wastelands, meltdown....maybe like wastelands on tatooine
Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Lao Tzu

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »
Great work Boss. Loving the APC.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:28 PM »
Nice :)

Do leave the horns on the dozer, it do look king of silly, but I could lively imagine some roughneck miners driving it around.

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
Re: 15mm Sci Fi - new project - Mercs, Pirates and Vehicles!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 08:24:49 PM »
More stuff I have been putty together.

These guys I painted up a while back but they will be getting used as Blue Wolf Mercenaries

The figures are GZG NAC Marines in berets.

This is the total force of Space Pirates I have so far...

There is a mix of Power Armour and light power armour in there looted from various places.

I have been busy with vehicles too. The Blue Wolves have a APC....

This was a cheap toy in the pound shop. Fits nicely scale wise. Those launcher tubes could be anti personnel, anti tank or SAM.

There is lots of machines laying about in the colonies....

This rusty old pickup was a Toys toy. I bit of trimming to remove the goofy face and putty and you have a rusty old wrecking truck.

For the fancier Hi Tech colonies or the rich folks perhaps a fancy town car? This is some sort of micro machines toy. I have done nothing with it as it looks ok to my eye.

Then you have those old buggies that run about the wastelands and deserts of the colonies...

This buggy is a scratch build. It is a bit of balsa, 4 beads, some mesh, putty, Qtip/cotton bud stem and lots of greenstuff putty. It was easy and fun to build. I hope to build better ones in the future. It is possible that my post apoc may go 15mm in the future.

Offline mattblackgod

• Mad Scientist
Re: 15mm Sci Fi - new project - Frontier World Colonists added!
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 02:42:32 PM »
Time for some inhabitants of the Frontier Worlds. All these minis are from 15mm.co.uk. There is a mix of ACW and Sci Fi minis in this lot.

Trader and Guard.

Random settlement folks and punks.

More settlement folks and a punk.

A settlement Strumpet!  :D

This little lot will be useful if I ever go to Post Apoc for Settlement folks.