Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:56:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689725
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: DeepWars mini kickstarter  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
DeepWars mini kickstarter
« on: November 21, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »
Since Antimatter's ShadowSea KS fell just short of the funding goal, they have started a shorter KS campaign with the goal of making more miniatures for the DeepWars line.  Some cool underwater stuff has already been unlocked.  The campaign only lasts for about 2 weeks.  Some pretty cool concepts there.  :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/deepwars-guardians-of-the-abyss-mini-kicker
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Re: DeepWars mini kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »
People need to stop making cool stuff I can't afford. :'(
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
Just an update, about 7 days to go and there are still several awesome minis to unlock!  Antimatter just generously upped the bonuses for higher supporters:

From the update:

To ramp up the action for the last week, we are introducing High Roller Offers:

Every Backer at $195 or more gets an additional 4 medium sized (30mm base) miniatures of their choice. See the Rewards Options section on how to choose additional miniatures.

Every Backer at $285 or more gets an additional 8 medium sized (30mm base) miniatures of their choice. See the Rewards Options section on how to choose additional miniatures.

There was also a price adjustment to the Nautiloid Chrysalid, Hag Ray and Abyssal Gark Mangler to reduce them a bit. The Heavy Biomech Construct will still be expensive but will come with different weapon options and a be really massive. We'll make sure it is worth the cash.

So they have more or less increased the value of the $195 level by about $40 and the $285 level by about $80.  Some cool miniatures there, and they can even be used for lots of different genres like C'thulu, Steampunk, etc...

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
Antimatter just added a long-range stretch goal.  At 30k, they will be making a wrecked submersible piece of scenery  ;D

We just went ahead and added the Bio-sub at 30K as a "wishful thinking" stretch goal. It will be designed in 3D and printing will cost an arm and a leg but it would look great when done. The price is not on there yet as I don't want people to add it to their pledges unless we are closer. It is in the range between $100-$200 though, as it will be a big resin kit, like the temple.

Man, that thing looks awesome.  Haven't seen much in the way of wrecked submarine terrain!  Mind you, they are at about 13k now, and thus need about 17k in the last 5 days to reach the goal.  Here's to hoping!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:51:27 AM »

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 05:29:33 AM »
That Cthulhoid temple and the death ray device are exquisite.
This is my boomstick!

Offline Figouze

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »

I just see this and it seems interesting miniatures.

But I don't understand the advantage of this kickstarter instead of buying the starters from the website ?

The price seems similar from the starters (49 $ on website + postage    and   55 $ from the kikstarter).

Is there any bonus miniature offered ?

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
The bonus depends on the level of your pledge. Basically, the more you pledge the better the deal.

For the $50 pledge you also get the pdf rules which are sold for about $15 from the website.  The starter sets are $45-50 on the website plus shipping.  So a minor deal on that one.

At $135 you get 2 starter sets, and 6 (just recently boosted from 4) bonus miniatures, plus the softcover rulebook plus the pdf.

At $195 you get 4 starter sets, and 8 (just recently boosted from 4) bonus miniatures, plus the softcover rulebook plus the pdf, and some extra artwork and a colour playing map of a submarine.

At $285 you get 4 starter sets, and 16 (just recently boosted from 8 ) bonus miniatures, plus two of the factions' commander models, plus the hardcover rulebook plus the pdf, some extra artwork and a colour playing map of a submarine.

Shipping outside the US is extra.

You can trade in the pdf rules for one free miniature, and you can switch the hardcover for softcover for another 3 miniatures.  You can also trade in a starter set for 6 miniatures. When I say 'one miniature' I mean a mini that fits on a 30mm base.  Larger miniatures would 'count as' 2 or 3 or 4 depending on the size.

You can also use the 'bonus miniature' points to pick up some of the terrain.  Not the big temple though, I think that's cash only.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:18:14 PM by Timbor »

Offline Figouze

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 04:27:05 PM »
ok, it seems more interesting like this !  :D

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
For those of you interested in the 'value' of the deals, here is a breakdown of retail vs KS price, excluding any shipping costs.  The deals are better if you are in the US, as shipping is included in the Kickstarter price:

$50 set would retail for about $60-$70, depending on your starter set - the Ancients retails for $45, Fortune Hunters and Dark Mariners for $50, and the Scaly Horde for $55.  The pdf rules retail for $15.  Savings would be ~20-25% off retail.

$135 set would retail for roughly $200, based on ~$50 per starter, $45 for the softcover rulebook plus pdf, plus 6 figures at roughly $9 each.  That puts the savings at about 33% off retail before any shipping charges.

$195 set would retail for roughly $320, based on ~$50 per starter, $45 for the softcover rulebook plus pdf, plus 8 figures at roughly $9 each.  I am not putting a number value on the artwork or the submarine map, as I assume most people wouldn't care to pay for that anyway.  That puts your savings at about 38% off retail before any shipping charges.

$285 set would retail for roughly $460, based on ~$50 per starter, $70 for the hardcover rulebook plus pdf, plus 16 figures at roughly $9 each and the two captains at about $25 each.  I am not putting a number value on the artwork or the submarine map, as I assume most people wouldn't care to pay for that anyway.  That puts your savings at about 40% off retail before any shipping charges.

If you are in the US, the deal is better since shipping is free.  It is hard to put an exact number on the savings, since there are so many options for what you can get, and the price can vary by a few dollars between specific figures...

For example, I am at the $285 level, and I am likely to trade in the pdf, downgrade my hardcover to softcover, and trade in 1 starter set for more miniatures 'points'.  That would give me enough for an extra 10 miniatures on 30mm bases (1 for pdf, 3 to downgrade the rulebook, and 6 for a starter set)

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 06:10:40 AM »
Actually it should be pointed out that the starters already come with a free pdf rule book. At least when you buy it from them.
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
Hey, I hadn't noticed that before  8)

Still a pretty good deal though!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
Just three Days left to Get in on the current Deepwars Mini-Kickstarter!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/524168246/deepwars-guardians-of-the-abyss-mini-kicker

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 01:28:27 AM »
Down to about 42 hours left!  They are approaching the original DeepWars KS fund value, but are still 13k off from the goal of 30k for the sweet, sweet wrecked submarine!