Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for "best" figs 'starting adventurers set' based on Basic D&D box.  (Read 1942 times)

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
I'm looking to do some sort of a semi-archival "set" of the adventurer classes from the old Red-Box Basic D&D set
that looks like what I imagined adventurers should when I was a youngster. I'm heavily leaning towards reaper so far.  I want 28mm if possible though with halflings and dwarves it might not matter much. And this is aimed at being starting minis for Basic D&D so no gnomes or half-orcs, or rangers and druids please. Or monks/mystics and bards and such.

Male:

Fighter, Cleric, Magic User, Thief

Demi-humans: Dwarf, Elf, Halfling

Female:

Fighter, Cleric, Magic User, Thief

Demi-humans: Dwarf, Elf, Halfling

I'm not crazy about the female magic user but she was all I could find that wasn't some sort of quasi-bikini type of outfit. I'd imagine a female magic user adventurer would be wearing more formal sort of work-like attire than fashionable or raunchy.

Anyway if anyone knows of any easily avialable alternatives please post them and feel free to link.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:56:16 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
... looks like what I imagined adventurers should when I was a youngster.

I'm not crazy about the female magic user but she was all I could find that wasn't some sort of quasi-bikini type of outfit.

When I was a youngster I imagined all female character types in quasi-bikinis. 

Seriously, you really can't go wrong with Reaper.  Great sculpts.  Reasonable prices.  Looks like the choices you have made so far are Typical of each class.  I am particularly fond of the male cleric and Mage, hadn't seen them before. 

You might try Red Box for more adventurers in a "classic" vein. 

Good Luck. 
This is my boomstick!

Offline Timotl

• Scientist
If you're not in a hurry I would wait for the Otherworld adventurers release. Here's a link to the Indiegogo page where you can see the greens and concepts. First batch will be available in January so it's only a month. The minis are the best representations of "old school" minis around IMO.
Link:
http://www.indiegogo.com/otherworldDA?c=gallery

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
If you can wait till march, the market will be flooded with reaper "bones" miniatures. In march reaper will sent their kickstarter miniatures to their backers. I can assure you you can find some nice cheap miniatures then on "ze internet"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min?ref=live

regards,
Za

Offline Limaike

• Librarian
    • Trollwood
Tre Manor of Red Box Games does some excellent fighter and rogue miniatures.

Werner Klocke does some very nice female sculpts. I particularly like his cleric http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/cleric/sku-down/65062. His female wizard is also very good http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/klockenbooty/sku-down/03329#detail/03329_w_1.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I just bought some female adventurer figures from Hasslefree.

I bought 001 Liberty, 060 Alicia and 024 Dynamic Tiriel
link
Look at 039 Valaska, 046 Wolf, 055 Markus, 057 Ferrus, 063 Sana, 064 Delphine, 065 Veda Ann, 066 Guilermo

I also bought 019 Svala (b)
link
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:35:20 PM by Mick_in_Switzerland »