Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:45:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690932
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Long Range Fast Attack Car / Walker pic Sep 10.  (Read 16873 times)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Long Range Fast Attack Car / Walker pic Sep 10.
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »
Inspired by Blackwolfs amazing build, Heavy Long Range Patrol Car (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=49438.0), here's start of my Long Range Fast Attack Car. The chassis is from 1:48 scale Bf-109 Trop. version and wheels are from Tamiya 1_35 scale Sd.Kfz. 223 kit. Front axle comes from the same kit and back axle (not yet fixed in place) comes from some old 1:35 scale car kit that I have loads of around.

Still lots to do as can be seen from the pics. Gear and stowage, and of course armament, to be added. I like the formulasque appearance it has, must be quite a beast to steer though in high speeds :)

Comments and critique more than welcome.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:37:15 PM by pocoloco »

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Long Range Fast Attack Car
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »
It looks amazingly appealing so far :).

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »
Shame that doesn't have the big nose-bulges from later models (to house the guns).  I love them!

Good lookin'.  When I saw the way you had the tail cutaway, I ws expecting a single big rear wheel.  Lookin' good so far.  I will build something similar sometime, if I ever get into post-apocalyptic stuff.  The idea is just too cool.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 11:17:11 PM »
Looks very promising  8)

Are you going to add some wheel arches os something similar to the wheels or leave them as they are?

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:20:30 PM »
That looks fantastic :-* :-* :-* Have to do another now :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 05:37:35 AM »
Good morning, many thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

@Suber: I guess we need to blame Willy Messerschmitt and Robert Lusser for the sleek looks and thank Blackwolf for the inspiration :)

@Elbows: I was first contemplating on single big rear wheel but somehow ended up testing twin wheel set up and liked it. The armament is still under consideration but maybe will add one 20mm to the side on a mount of some sort, as if it would have some elevation possibility.

@jimbibbly: Tried on some wheel arches, looked quite bulky. Maybe will leave it without unless I manage to come up with something suitably sleeky in looks department.

@Blackwolf: Hehe, well your heavy long range patrol car needs a "wingman", surely :) I think if this will be a success of some sort, I will build another one as I have three of those Sd.Kfz 223 kits so I still should have plenty of wheels for a second one.

So tried setting the back wheels bit closer to the front, sort of under the fuselage. Looks even more "F1enesque", what do you guys think? Which one is better, this one or the earlier set-up?

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 07:56:09 AM »
I think yours is the better build. I've actually got an 222 waiting to be butchered too ;)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:05:09 AM »
Mine the better build? Now I'm blushing. Many thanks for the compliment but I hope to get as close to the level of your build.

What do you think about the rear wheel axle set-ups, which one is better? The first one gives less ground clearance, the second one looks also bit more buggy like, I think. Opinions?

Oh, stumbled on this blog:

http://krokohunter.dk/

I think I have to get me two or more 223 kits to be able to make that rocket pod!  :D (as one of the 223 hulls I have planned [and starte on] using for a small scout walker, inspired by the 1:35 Dust walkers)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:24 AM »
Look forward to these :) thanks for the link too :)

Oh and I think the second one,more buggy is good :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:51:33 AM by Blackwolf »

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
  • Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 02:05:40 AM »
I think yours is the better build. I've actually got an 222 waiting to be butchered too ;)

I don't know if it's a better build, however I think this one is more aesthetically believable with the wider stance on the rear axle. 
Zombies you can outrun - the mistakes of your fellow Heroes you cannot.

Offline tanktastic43

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 02:12:35 AM »
I love these kinds of builds.

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

tt43.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 03:04:05 AM »
I like the forward rake of the second version...but it looks a bit out of place (as the axle fit nicely in the curved cut on the bottom of the fuselage).

I'm debating kit-bashing one of these just for sh_ts and giggles now...damn you guys...

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 06:01:51 AM »
Didn't have hobby time yesterday, that's what happens when friends come over...

But regarding comment by Elbows, I will make a small niche for the rear axle so it's more nicely fitted with the chassis then. I can then use the curved "backside" to house the exhaust, for example.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »
Sorry for the threadnomancy but after a very long hobby hiatus, I have finally done something, both built and painted so that is a huge step for me, as it seems that my hobby mojo disappeared as summer started.

Saw the fantastic new pics of Blackwolfs ride, unfortunately my skills are lacking and I can't get similar high level finish to my own work but nevertheless I am still quite happy with it so far.

First, two pics of the build:

So those show the rear-axle in place, rear-tyre hub covers in place, extra side armour added, light fixed, machineguns and cannon added etc.

Then three pics of the painting process so far. Decals in place, need to add powders to weather it bit more and then a dull coat to take off the shine of the hardcoat.

Comments and critique more than welcome.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: Long Range Fast Attack Car / progress pics August 30th
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Rather nice! Looking forward to seeing the dulled and weathered result. One thing though, although it might be a bit too late to change it... that "oil-filtery thing" on the bottom... given the way public road maintenance spending is getting worse year by year, that's going to end in tears soon. Possibly much sooner if you come across a speedbump. ;)