Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 04:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697056
  • Total Topics: 118806
  • Online Today: 591
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Resina Miniatures Buildings?  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Resina Miniatures Buildings?
« on: February 19, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
I'm quite an abituč here in LAF, but i didn't noticed anyone talking about Resina Miniatures.
Yet.

http://www.resinaplanet.com/escenografia/30mm

They have quite some great fantasy buildings, and i think they match pretty well next to forgeworld or other resin manifacturer.
Probably Tabletop World ones are a ilttle to "exaggerated" to fit well, but for the others... !

some nice pieces in 15mm too:

http://www.resinaplanet.com/escenografia/15mm

Cheers

Jack

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Resina Miniatures Buildings?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 09:31:08 PM »
They look quite nice. Interesting, I'll check them out once I have a little more time.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:32:45 AM »
Quite nice indeed. Especially the trees. But 50 euros for one tower  :'( At tabletop-buildings.com you get (almost) two towers/buildings for that kind of money  :)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 08:39:15 AM »
At tabletop-buildings.com you get (almost) two towers/buildings for that kind of money  :)

Am I the only one finding higly immoral commercializing products using at 99% Hirst Arts pieces? He said it's ok, but... well, there's something very wrong with this, IMHO.

anyway, the tower is not one of my favourite. But the fantasy buildings are really high quality, and the 15mm are very cheap!

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »
Am I the only one finding higly immoral commercializing products using at 99% Hirst Arts pieces? He said it's ok, but... well, there's something very wrong with this, IMHO.

anyway, the tower is not one of my favourite. But the fantasy buildings are really high quality, and the 15mm are very cheap!
Since it is licensed from Hirst arts I find nothing  wrong with it. Here is a link to Hirst arts Legal page http://www.hirstarts.com/legal/legal.html regarding selling models mad with their molds. To sell in that way he as to have a license agreement with hirst arts.

I would not buy any sice I prefer to make them myself, but immoral no.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:53:05 AM »
Since it is licensed from Hirst arts I find nothing  wrong with it. Here is a link to Hirst arts Legal page http://www.hirstarts.com/legal/legal.html regarding selling models mad with their molds. To sell in that way he as to have a license agreement with hirst arts.

I would not buy any sice I prefer to make them myself, but immoral no.

That's why i said immoral instead of illegal. I know that it is perfectly ok, but... well, you are a scenery seller that don't even sculpt for your pieces (or make them sculpted). As a scenery sculptor myself I find that this is kind of bad  for the scenery world. And somehow dis-educative for the gamers... :P

Like the autotuning of Justin Bieber, or the trollfaces now spreading in the social networks. Kind of a killing of creativity.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:12:19 AM »

Immoral? You are using a big word young man. Do you actually know the true meaning of the word 'im-moral'?

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:01 AM »
Immoral? You are using a big word young man. Do you actually know the true meaning of the word 'im-moral'?

Excuse me, but a reasonable answer to my question could be "yes, in fact ... " or "no, i disagree 'cause ..." with all the shades between them.

Being offensive about my age doesn't help at all in this discussion. :)

And... back to the topic!

Well, shure there are always some "cheaper ways", personally i would never buy a scenery from any company, because i like to make them by myself... But a Tabletop world building costs more than this Resina Planet ones, and has an even better quality, like those tabletop-buildings.com pieces have a clear lower quality (even though it's totally reasonable that loads of people will invest in them rather than better resin pieces, harder to paint and more fragile)...
What i'm pointing here is that it's a shame that such a little company is not known by the majority of us.

Cheer

Jack

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 09:41:15 AM »
Excuse me, but a reasonable answer to my question could be "yes, in fact ... " or "no, i disagree 'cause ..." with all the shades between them.

Being offensive about my age doesn't help at all in this discussion. :)

And... back to the topic!

Well, shure there are always some "cheaper ways", personally i would never buy a scenery from any company, because i like to make them by myself... But a Tabletop world building costs more than this Resina Planet ones, and has an even better quality, like those tabletop-buildings.com pieces have a clear lower quality (even though it's totally reasonable that loads of people will invest in them rather than better resin pieces, harder to paint and more fragile)...
What i'm pointing here is that it's a shame that such a little company is not known by the majority of us.

Cheer

Jack
Hello Jack, firstly, relax there's no need to get all worked up. I did not mean to be offensive about your age, but at 23 i gues that you are a young man. As for my contribution to the topic, which seems quite resonable to me, it is about one of the shades you wrote about....somewhere between the 'yes' and 'no'  8) And i appreciate the extra opportunity to point that out.

And yes, you are quite right. Let's get back on topic. Both resin and plaster terrain pieces come in different qualities. Also the properties that resin and plaster have are not the same. Plaster (and mind you this is the highest quality dental grade) is more prone to breakage if handled without the proper care. Resin is on the whole more resiliant for rough usage, although some types of resin can be as brittle. One of my own resin pieces has fallen apart without ever been used. And it was not cheap.

A personal preference is also, i think, part of why the choice is made for a certain materiel and the balance between price and quality is a significant one in that respect. Another one is the possibility to be in direct contact with the person who brings the product on the market and to find that there's a real knowledge of the product and an interest of my experience as a customer.

I feel, Jack, that on that last one we can both agree. Many small companies should be better known to more people within the hobby but there are many of them. And the big fish take most of the attention and business. There's little you and i can do about that apart from spending money with the small companies.

Well Jack, that's it as i got to go. I wish you all the best in lovely Milan, from me here in beautifull Holland. With many happy hours of gaming and most importantly being creative. And whenever you find yourself in the Low Countries, give me a shouth and i'll put a special game for you. With regards, Marcellus

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »
Man, i love this forum! :)

Anyway, what i can do is to notify the company here on LAF, as i did previously with other interesting little gems :) Still something, even though i cannot change the things too much!

Thanks for the offer, i will remember when in Holland, one day! ;)

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »
Jack, it seems that we have more than one thing in common as i too love this forum. And yes you are cordially invited to enjoy Dutch hospitality at some point in the future. Interestingly, and forgive me for that, i can not help but notice that the word immoral has all but disappeared from this little talk.  8)
Wasn't it the great writer W. H. Burroughs that wrote; "language is the worn coin pressed silently into my hand".

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
Interestingly, and forgive me for that, i can not help but notice that the word immoral has all but disappeared from this little talk.  8)

That's because, despite of my young age, i'm quite aware of the meaning of the word i use. I was not arguing about law, nor about market. Just modelling ethic, and those were my two cents. Nothing that terrible :)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »
Those Resina buildings are very nice... I might consider a couple for my mordheim table.  I have some table-top world buildings which are very nice as well, but they have no ruined ones.

As for the hirst arts buildings from tabletop-buildings, I think they have a place in the hobby.  I have lots of hirst arts molds, and love using them.  Other folks would like the buildings but don't have the time or space to cast the bricks themselves, hence the need for tabletop-buildings.com.  However, I don't see the point of buying a premade hirst arts building when there are so many nice resin buildings available.  I also shudder at the shipping costs for a large plaster building.  I know they are heavy, as I make them myself!
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline euphoriaminiatures

• Schoolboy
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
Hi there, I am Oscar from Euphoria Miniatures that its a brand of Resina Planet, sooooo I am the guy to enter in this conversation  lol . Obviusly we cannot fight with that prices, (in the case of the tower, my "Taberna del Leon" and "Casa Humilde" are very cheap) it is almost the half of mine..... We use 100% Poliuretan Resin in our cast and one of our advantages its that are very very solid. In 15mm buildind (except "Ayuntamiento") we use expandible poliuretan resin that makes it much lighter. All our 30mm buildings can be opened and they are inside decorated they are very very strong but obviously shipping cost are expensive, cannot do anything in that way, but we are talking with some companies trying to obtain better prices.....

About my ruins I think that they are really great, and if you can see, they are the same buildings that not ruined ones  :-* , so they complements each other wonderfully :) giving the people of having many buildings with the same "Style".

If any have questions I will answer it very pleasant

Well, sorry for my English, I do as better as I can  ::)

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 07:31:37 PM »
I have tried several times to contact Resina with no reply. I would have bought their whole line by now more then likely..
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."