Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Rumble in The Jungle  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
The Rumble in The Jungle
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:04:08 AM »
Here's a quick picture (the only one I recieved unfortunately) of tonights first outing of .45 Adventures in my local club. A dastardly mission to remove a curse on a bunch of French Monks somewhere deep in the African Jungle!

That is all for now, will hopefully have compressed the rest of the photos for a better narrative soonish. Otherwise, i'm going to play the actual 3 scenario campaign with some friends and hopefully there will be plenty of pictures of the outing :)

And the Crocodile man is from the Hordes line of figures by Privateer Press; they're lurvely!

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:30:10 AM »
DAMN! I hate the teaser shots with no follow-up.   :D

I hope you get more pictures posted because I like the look of that scaly critter!
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Torben

• Scientist
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 03:18:19 AM »
Well ask and ye shall recieve. Here follows the cut version of the Rumble in The Jungle; starring Irving 'Kentucky' Davis and his old friend Sgt. Kip Armstrong (retired). They had braved the jungles of Africa to find The Well of Lost Souls in order to stop a curse that would have any frenchman born since 1789 linger in an unending Limbo...

Alas, the Davis expedition was not the only one to arrive at this Well of Lost Souls for Davis' old nemsis, Ernest Glückenheim and his unmarry band of sellswords and graverobbers had decided to wrest the control of the three cups of St Jean one final time. But what are those hulking brutes doing near the well?

It would appear that local Tribesmen - or similar - was actually attempting to hinder anyone in breaking this curse, but for what purposes? And why are they dressed as Crocodilemen?

Unphased, Ernest Glückenheim yelled a quick macht schnell for all of his compatriots, spurring the old Palace Guards - turned mercenary by the state of the economy - and started a mad dash to find the three stone tablets.

Juju, the servant and long time witchdoctor of Ernest Glückenheim braved forth to keep an observant eye on the three tribesmen; a tribe which he was fully unaware of and deeply intrigued by. He whispered something under his breath in his native tounge and seemed to grow slightly paler.

Mean while, Schwester Helga Spätzle, the broker and Agent of Spätzels Soldaten were on the move, knowing full well that the rations of good german beer would be increased if they managed to find all of the Stone tablets. On the far side, the Davis expedition was slowly starting to move out, cautiously and attempting to avert the attention of the tribesmen.

Success! Private First Class Heinrich Müller found one of the three Stone Tablets and earned himself the right for half-a-jug of good German brew at the campfire! But a shot rang out in the otherwise silent jungle; who could that be they wondered but before they could get any answer, the Tribesmen launched a terrible attack!

Poor Juju, his nerves wracking from the horror inflicted upon him stood valiantly against the charging monster; yelling in his native tounge these are the star demons!.. Unfortunately nobody heard him over the cries of a poor privates death scream.

Schwäster Spätzel, Private Müller and Helga Glückenheim fought with a fury seldom seen as they tried to wrest of the charge of one the brutal natives; but as Müller was quick to notice: "Mein gott! Dis is no man.. es ist.. ein.. Monster!" but fought on valiently all the same.

Sgt. Kip Armstrong was also being charged by one of the beasts, a shaman it would seem with an evil glint in his eye. But the grim and dour war veteran had nothing but mock for the fearsome creature: "I've seen worse back in the trenches!" he proclaimed and promptly shot the charging beast in the head.

Pilot Peter O'Hare, having flow in the far East when they had a bit of ruccus and who had studied at the best Shaolin Monks kept his cool as the monster slew and gobbled up unfortunate Private Pottsdam, calmly reloading his pistol and muttering something about this bloody heat.

Ernest had very cleverly disguised himself as one of his own privates doing the initial ruccus and chose to throw his disguise off and rush for the tablet that 'Kentucky' Davis was holding yelling at the top of his lungs over the gunshots, growls and cries of fear and war; "Zhis shall be ze last time you interefer with my plans Herr Davis!", and shooting out the goblet from Davis' hands.

Sgt. Armstrong surveyed the situation, calmly taking aim with his trusty old Peacemaker and noticing that Svend - the silent but deadly Swedish Mercenary - had fallen to the bite of a foul creature of the jungle. Cursing under his breath he blew the whistle for a retreat, and attempted to drag Svend away from the scene of carnage...

And that's all for tonight; Hopefully you'll get the full story in the coming week as the campaign will be played over the course of the weekend. Coming to a forum near you; 'Kentucky' Davis in "The Well of Lost Souls!".

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 03:44:35 AM »
But the grim and dour war veteran had nothing but mock for the fearsome creature: "I've seen worse back in the trenches!" he proclaimed and promptly shot the charging beast in the head.

Ahhh, my favorite line of this epic.

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to read the follow-up. Seems Davis will have his hands full with the Germans!

Offline Torben

• Scientist
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 03:49:46 AM »
Well, truth be told, there's going to be a reverse order of this campaign. This was my first outing in the .45 Adventure rules and I wanted to jump into the deep end first. So what you have here is actually the grand finalé of the campaign - being tested to see if I've understood the concept right.

There are a few flaws in the scenario design, which I've corrected; especially the toughness of these Gatormen. DR 6 and no Shotgun in sight made them too tough for most to handle - even in close combat.

But I can't wait to tell the story of the Lost Well this weekend; .45 Adventure has really relit my gaming spirit!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 08:27:37 AM »
Great looking game :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:49:04 AM »
Great stuff!

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »
Cool game!  8)

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »
Great game! Looks like a blast.

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
Excellent work!  Looks like a good time was had by all.  That is, the all who were not eaten by a crocodile-man.

UncleRhino

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »
who makes the blond lady miniature in the first picture?
who makes the crocodilemen miniatures?

Offline Torben

• Scientist
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 12:25:35 PM »
Thank you all, it was certainly a fun game it seemed that people at the club liked it a lot; so I'm guessing there's going to be a lot more stories to unfold in the near future :)

The Blonde German and Nurse is from this pack:
http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_87&products_id=361

The Crocodile Men are from the Gator Posse Hordes Unit:
http://www.privateerpress.com/HORDES/gallery/default.php?level=picture&id=107

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 11:04:26 PM »
Excellent stuff. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
Great shots......looked like a terrific game!!!
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Dr Jones

• Assistant
The Rumble in The Jungle
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 04:04:41 PM »
Looks like a cracking game mate. I'm wating in nervous anticipation to see how things turn out. :)
"A wish?  Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

http://shelf-space.blogspot.com/