Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:15:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mobile LAF?  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
Mobile LAF?
« on: March 13, 2013, 05:27:09 AM »
Hello, just wanted to talk about the possibility of a mobile version of LAF. Why? I find myself accessing LAF with my phone more than ever now, and I suspect the regular web version takes up a lot bandwidth.

Anyway, not a huge deal, but I wonder if the server has the option? Is it something that requires extra funds?

Would many people benefit from it?

Just a subject for conversation :)

Offline Darren

• Scientist
  • Sky Marshall
    • Darren's Hobby Blog
Re: Mobile LAF?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:05:54 AM »
Something like Tapatalk would be good.  I installed it on my wargames club's forum and it's fairly easy to set up.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »
Christian, try it with:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?wap2

or

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?imode

These are the mobile phone friendly layouts of LAF. Not that shiny like the modern applications and withut pics but maybe a bit of help.

If I ever will manage it to update the forum to next version of SMF, we will have a better mobile front-end, I hope.

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »
Damn! I thought Christian meant he was going to start travelling the globe and we could all meet up in far-flung locales and play games together.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »
Damn! I thought Christian meant he was going to start travelling the globe and we could all meet up in far-flung locales and play games together.

What a great idea - count me in too!!
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 07:02:45 PM »
Ha! I wouldn't mind that at all :) Thankyou for the link Prof.!

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 05:21:02 PM »
As you're in the same country as Furt* it might be feasible. Unless Furt means you and him should travel the world meeting us and playing games... but why, unless it's a tag-team effort or something?

*I realise that, compared to most places in Europe, it's a very very big country...

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »
Sorry to drag this up but I was searching for comments regarding Tapatalk integration.

These are the mobile phone friendly layouts of LAF. Not that shiny like the modern applications and withut pics but maybe a bit of help.

Those are quite ancient rendering modes created for old cellphones. :-)

If I ever will manage it to update the forum to next version of SMF, we will have a better mobile front-end, I hope.

The new versions doesn't. I am not sure why but the Tapatalk plugin is pretty easy to install and it works on phones and tablets making it a lot easier to use the forums. And as an added bonus it also requires less bandwidth and resources than HTML in my experience.

I've installed it on quite a few sites and its quite handy. And its free.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:28:14 AM »
Sounds interesting and I've tried to install that but just gave up having difficulties registering LAF there. For some odd reason it doesn't accept the forum logo image though I'm putting the right scale as requested etc. Is there anything else to consider regarding the logo image?

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 04:00:13 AM »
Sounds interesting and I've tried to install that but just gave up having difficulties registering LAF there. For some odd reason it doesn't accept the forum logo image though I'm putting the right scale as requested etc. Is there anything else to consider regarding the logo image?

I don't recall having an issue with the logo. Do you have a square version or an alternate logo to use?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 10:01:11 AM »
I have created an alternate logo, just for tapatalk but it didn't want it. And I've noticed the server was getting more unstable after installing of tapatalk so I've removed it. As I said on the other thread we keep our hands off any changes for the moment, first I have to update the server software.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
Interesting. I've not seen any issues with Tapatalk previously. It has a component for the admin side and a stand-alone set of code that is only accessed via the Tapatalk client so if it wasn't set up via their system you shouldn't have been seeing any traffic.

Did the server issues go away once it was removed?

Offline Murmel

• Assistant
  • SPACESHIP!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 06:55:08 PM »
Also looking for tapatalk information and stumbled into this... I would like to offer my assistance in fixing the icon/image problem for you. Taptalk really is the easiest and least invasive way to go for a mobile front end. People visiting the site will not even know it has been installed.