Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Isbas on the Eastern Front  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Isbas on the Eastern Front
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:14:20 PM »
Last summer I ordered up enough resin buildings for a decent sized village from Kieven at Lancer Miniatures. It took me months get around to it, but finally I got over my fear of ruining these and actually got the paint out.

This line of 20mm models has a bit of history to it; originally from 'The Queen's Hussar' the collection passed to Shellhole Scenics, they are now available from Lancer Miniatures. These are beautiful little models and loaded with detail. It's great that Lancer is keeping this excellent line of scenery in production.

Looking for inspiration, I Googled 'Isba' and found no end of cool looking images...

I started with a light grey primer, the Vallejo Surface stuff.

Lots of Tamiya earth tones through the airbrush, followed by washes of dark oil paints. Details picked out with acrylics or oils.

What I like best about these buildings is that they are really useful; you can get a decent number of minis inside them and they look like they provide different degrees of cover.

Can't recommend these enough. Kieven is a super guy to deal with and these are iconic pieces of gaming kit. Very happy to have finally taken these out of the stash and put them into play. Six or so more to go....
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Re: Isbas on the Eastern Front
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:08:28 AM »
Excellent building and a wonderful painting.
The building is very historical accuracy.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:17:32 AM »
Neat stuff, and very nicely painted!

Also glad to see you resurface here on LAF - you going to make Trumpeter Salute next month in Burnaby?

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »
you going to make Trumpeter Salute next month in Burnaby?
Thank you!

Yessir, I'll be at Trumpeters Salute along with these nifty wee buildings, my Churchills and T-34's and two platoons of infantry will be there too! Kingsford Miniatures Dave & I have a big game planned.  ;D

I'm very much looking forward to catching up with you and enjoying your excellent 'Even Whites Bleed Red' Russian Civil War game.