Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:43:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone ever buy anything from this webstore?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Anyone ever buy anything from this webstore?
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:23:17 PM »
It seems that Heritage Dungeon Dweller miniatures are still being produced (along with other OOP molds):

http://www.classicminiatures.net/

Has anyone ever bought any miniatures from this shop and if so how was the transaction?

Thanks,
 Damien

Offline Imp522

• Scientist
Re: Anyone ever buy anything from this webstore?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:41:14 PM »
I've dealt with him through his yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disciplesofheritage/ . If you join the group he has a price list in the files section. Transaction was fine but slow this is a side business for him. Also note the majority of what he has is from the Heritage Lord of the rings line. He does have some Dungeon Dweller stuff

Tom Dye owns the Dungeon Dweller line but is on hiatus as he's overseas now.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 10:42:32 PM »
I've bought off Michael on a number of occasions over the years, no worries and would recommend him highly. He is a really good guy and likes to talk about minis which is always a bonus for an old timer like me  :)

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »
I've bought off Michael on a number of occasions over the years, no worries and would recommend him highly. He is a really good guy and likes to talk about minis which is always a bonus for an old timer like me  :)

same here would highly recommend him  :D

former user

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 11:24:01 PM »
I just checked the site

my, this is so heartwarming..... :'(
I am not being sarcastic.... :-*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:38:22 PM by bedwyr »

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 11:25:51 PM »
Thank you all for the insights, I think I will contact him for a price list and see where it goes from there.

Cheers all,
 Damien

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 03:01:19 AM »
A pity he doesn't have pics to go with them as they would make ordering much easier as well.

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 03:20:52 AM »
Hi beefcake, I believe that pics can be found here:

http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/

This is a site dedicated to Heritage Miniatures with pic of the minis

Cheers,
 Damien

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 03:24:20 AM »
He has so many ranges though. I like the look of the Titan orcs.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »
I have bought from him but he has a very busy personal life (work is 12 hour shifts I believe,) a family life, and he usually tries to cast on week-ends but the family needs him then too.  He is open and honest about this being a labor of love and not a business which means casting can take a while. 

His mold maker seems to take a while (over committed I suspect) so that is a factor.  He is re-working some molds (I have an order for Lesser Orcs (Smiley Faced) that has been held up by a mold that consistently fails to cast or casts poorly but I would rather have him cast figures that look good than get figures that don't) and he has a queue for new molds.

Now I know that sounds bad but let's be honest - family trumps hobby and bosses don't understand, "I had to finish casting an order." 

I fully support buying from this source (it just cost me $6.95 per figure for a Mountain Goblin  from a person in Australia although I did buy some for $.99 with broken weapons so while there are alternatives, such as EvilBay,  they are costlier or involve damaged goods.)   

Just understand this is NOT a full time business you are buying from.  Great guy, legitimate mold/right to cast source, fun Old School figures (some I love, some... I don't..) for gaming, and open/honest seller.  I buy from his despite his challenges because he is not a re-caster, he loves the miniatures lines even more than I do, he won't sell a miniature if the mold isn't casting correctly, and he provides a good product at a reasonable cost.

I am hyper-critical of many things in this hobby but his intentions are honorable and I have reconstructed some figures that I thought were lost to me forever (Well, there is this guy locally who has many of the old figures in the original packaging but he won't give me a price - "What is it worth to you?" - and when I offered to pay the same as this source via e-mail I never got a reply, I guess his heirs will donate them to Goodwill.)

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »
I believe he has four yahoo groups dedicated to different groups of the figures with pictures.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:38 PM »
Thanks for the info Conquistador, I'll look up those yahoo groups. How much did he sell a miniature on average?

Damien

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 11:13:38 PM »
Thanks for the info Conquistador, I'll look up those yahoo groups. How much did he sell a miniature on average?

Damien

Varies but there is a list Edit:  you he can send you.  I e-mail him at hayha@q.com which hopefully isn't his personal (as opposed to production) e-mail but I don't seem to kept the other one in my address book...   :(

Gracias,

Glenn