Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:29:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690979
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Cthulhu Cult Scene  (Read 3171 times)

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Cthulhu Cult Scene
« on: April 14, 2008, 02:31:32 PM »
Since I was unable to easily find an affordable Cthulhu Statue.  I decided to make one out of Sculpty and put it on a small pedistal to use during scenrios where the players have to disrupt a ceremony (similar to the Police Legrass Raid in Call of Cthulhu).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130214789576

It turned out so well. I mass produced 5 more because I figured (like me) other people would be interested in the same sort of wargame terrain piece.  I thought I'd probably sell all but one on ebay.  Considering the time put into it, I sure it wasn't a real cost or time effective way for making money but it was a labor of love for those other Cthulhu wargamers out there.

Each terrain piece is about 2" by 5" and consists of a small clearing  of sand and scrub grass and a dead tree.  A small Cthulhu Statue of a strange green stone is on one end of the clearing with a couple of human skulls at the base.  Across from it is a stone altar with an open book whose pages are covered in strange writing.

Each piece is hand painted and sealed with a nice coat of polyurithane to protect it.  

They're setting out on my worktable drying right now.  I'll post a picture and list one on ebay to show.  Even if they don't fetch much $, they're be handy for all those cultist ceremonies.[/url]
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Cthulhu Cult Scene
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:15:15 PM »
Sounds like something for Alex. :-)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Cthulhu Cult Scene
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 03:22:00 PM »
Quote from: "hammershield"
Sounds like something for Alex. :-)

of course :) look forward to see it!

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Cthulhu Cult Scene
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 04:12:18 PM »
in the centre of which, revealed by occasional rifts in the curtain of flame, stood a great granite monolith some eight feet in height; on top of which, incongruous in its diminutiveness, rested the noxious carven statuette.

The carven idol was great Cthulhu, but none might say whether or not the others were precisely like him.

The image on the monolith, of course, was carefully removed and carried back by Legrasse.

The figure, which was finally passed slowly from man to man for close and careful study, was between seven and eight inches in height, and of exquisitely artistic workmanship. It represented a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. This thing, which seemed instinct with a fearsome and unnatural malignancy, was of a somewhat bloated corpulence, and squatted evilly on a rectangular block or pedestal covered with undecipherable characters. The tips of the wings touched the back edge of the block, the seat occupied the centre, whilst the long, curved claws of the doubled-up, crouching hind legs gripped the front edge and extended a quarter of the way down towards the bottom of the pedestal. The cephalopod head was bent forward, so that the ends of the facial feelers brushed the backs of huge fore-paws which clasped the croucher's elevated knees. The aspect of the whole was abnormally lifelike, and the more subtly fearful because its source was so totally unknown. Its vast, awesome, and incalculable age was unmistakable; yet not one link did it show with any known type of art belonging to civilization's youth - or indeed to any other time.

Totally separate and apart, its very material was a mystery; for the soapy, greenish-black stone with its golden or iridescent flecks and striations resembled nothing familiar to geology or mineralogy.

Then, whispered Castro, those first men formed the cult around small idols which the Great Ones showed them; idols brought in dim eras from dark stars. That cult would never die till the stars came right again, and the secret priests would take great Cthulhu from His tomb to revive His subjects and resume His rule of earth.

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
Cthulhu Cult Scene
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
Sounds superb! Can' wait to see it Gauntman.
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Cthulhu Cult Scene
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 01:15:54 AM »
Added a link to the ebay list...