Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

The best laid plans (Gnomehome) vs. Libya 1913 - advancing into the Fezzan (malto cortese)

The best laid plans (Gnomehome)
Libya 1913 - advancing into the Fezzan (malto cortese)

Author Topic: Round 1 - The best laid plans vs. Libya 1913 - advancing into the Fezzan  (Read 3919 times)

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
Greetings

gnomehome, I wonder about the size of your entry. Would this be 15mm?

Ah, Libya 1913, the minis are clean as is the building. Is the building scratchbuild ?

Great job, both of you
thank you and good luck
Jo
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Cool entries both, the Libyans are rather nice and colourful and indeed with clean painting. I also like the multi-figure command diorama, very fitting for the theme of this round 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
Greetings

It's 'true' 25 mm (Old Glory code ECW044 to be specific)
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
  • Ein genie uberblickt das chaos
Greetings

Ah, Libya 1913, the minis are clean as is the building. Is the building scratchbuild ?

Great job, both of you
thank you and good luck
Jo

Thanks, the building is an old Arab building from a company that I think is now OOB, I am not sure about the name but I think it was something like Crescent Moon miniatures or something like that. The figures are a mix of Askari and Empress, painted as the 10th Erithrean Askari Battalion
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. Groucho Marx

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
good skin tones on the Africans
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
good skin tones on the Africans

Thanks! It took a lot of work...

Offline Scootboy

• Assistant
The detail on both of these is magnificent.  The shading Gnomehome did on the clothing is outstanding and I especially like the effort put into the rifles on the Libyans.

Not sure about the spectacularly clean Libyan Uniforms, or the shiny Fez.  Perhaps a flat?  LOL or heck add some fuzz  ;)

Both were excellently done with lovely clean lines, and once again, Like the Demana/42 thing, I am doing my best to keep the diorama out of it, but it is hard to back away.

In the end, the thing that I like about both of these is that they both "tell a story"

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
The detail on both of these is magnificent.  The shading Gnomehome did on the clothing is outstanding and I especially like the effort put into the rifles on the Libyans.

Not sure about the spectacularly clean Libyan Uniforms, or the shiny Fez.  Perhaps a flat?  LOL or heck add some fuzz  ;)

Both were excellently done with lovely clean lines, and once again, Like the Demana/42 thing, I am doing my best to keep the diorama out of it, but it is hard to back away.

In the end, the thing that I like about both of these is that they both "tell a story"

The shine on the fez is due to my poor skills as a photographer... I can assure that they are as matt as they can be! As for the clean uniforms, they had a very tough drill sergeant... In any case thanks for your very kind words!