Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:31:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New ideas (sometime in the future this will be renamed to Egyptian Tomb)  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
First idea of my Egyptian tomb. layed out in King Tuts tomb pattern.

I have had great trouble finding treasures for an egyptian tomb, Reaper minitures as two sets, both in the image, not very historical correct, and quite expensive. I think I will have to think out of the box too find inventory for the tomb Annex Rooms. Any ideas lads?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:17:05 PM by Bergh »
-Brian Bjerregaard Bergh

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
(Reserved by author). First post is for current and newest images, and second post is for older images.

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
Didn't Wargods of Aegyptus have some treasure packages? You can also include a chariot, I think this was done frequently.
EDIT: No, no packs, but you can buy lots of treasure in the Aegyptus - Icons and Artifacts section from their Webstore

Reaper Nefsokar Weapons packages from the Warlord range might also work. Also Reaper has some statues in the Nefsokar Army list (called Avatars of Sokar there, and not very historical). There's also the Statues of Bast, Sobek, Horus and Anubis and the Egyptian cat and jackal statues in the Dark Heavens range by reaper
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:22:14 PM by Glitzer »
Far less active than I used to...

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
I have seen trough the Reaper stuff, Those statues are too large too fit into my system.
Crocodile Games/Wargods of Aegyptus have a few small pieces, again problem it arent perfect for tomb treasure.
But thanks for the information, will be looking at it again if no other solutions comes up.

Offline ink the troll

• Scientist
Cheapo jewelery (via ebay) might work for somewhat bigger stuff like small statues etc. There used to be small scarabs available (I think they were/ are meant to be used as beads).

There's also a couple of useful bits here: Fenris Games

Don't know if there are any small scale naval games with egyptian ships, but if there are these would work well for grave goods.
sanity is for cowards

Offline Bergh

• Scientist
As Glitzer said, chariots. GW have a pack with three Khemri chariots, I quite sure that will be a good solution.
I will be looking for some boats as Ink said.

I need more ideas! how do I make my own grave goods?

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Fimo modelling clay could be a way of making grave goods.
For chariots, rather than using GW pieces, you mainly just need wheels, the rest of the frame is piled amongst the junk.
Should be easy enough to buy a few wheels from one of the smaller companies.
Redoubt have chariots in their Trojan Wars range - maybe you could just buy wheels from them?

Coritani have some resin pieces from Ral Partha including beds, crates etc:
http://www.magneticdisplays.co.uk/
might be worth asking if they have anything suitable.

15mm/10mm/6mm figures might provide suitable statues - Pendraken had some 10mm Anubis headed fantasy figures, and Chariot Minis (now Magister Militum) had some 15mm Egyptian fantasy.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
For other stuff, statues etc, there are a few companies that make souvenirs for museums, some of those are ok. Do you have any museums near you?
If not see if you can find someone on the forum who lives near Dorchester - there was an Egyptian museum there with a good selection of bits.

If you do an ebay search for "Hachette Egypt" you may find some magazines (Hachette do quite a few different series) called the "Gods of Ancient Egypt". Each comes with a pre-painted brightly coloured statue, but most of the statues I have seen are quite big 10-12 cm. I think one of the other publishers (Deagostini?) did something similar but their figures were plain black.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Playmobil have an Egyptian range, maybe some of their pieces might help?

Also, last time I looked in Forbidden Planet there were some plastic tubes of toy figures, knights, fantasy characters, wizards etc, but they also had some Egyptian ones. Brand name was probably "Toob".
If you do an ebay search for "Toob Egypt" you might see some.

Offline ink the troll

• Scientist
While looking for other things (Elephants), I found some 15mm reed boats, that should work for grave goods: http://www.museumminiatures.co.uk/pages/prod_boats.html

Some other bits that might be useful as 'decoration' (smaller statues of guards etc) :
15mm chariots: http://www.blackhat.co.uk/online_shop/index.php?cPath=22_29_70&osCsid=90b24cb9f0951fe26c80b762f52c8ff7
20mm Egyptians: http://newlinedesigns.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=410_429_430

And while not cheaper than the GW Khemri chariots, these do look better: http://curteysminiatures.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=141_153_158

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
Hey that looks good, especially with the different sized boxes!

I used the plastic bits from the Egyptian toob for statutes and whatnot.  I like the idea of jewelry as well.  Some of that neoclassic stuff would fit in.  You might not need as much as you think.  If everything else looks Egyptian you could get away with just a little clutter.  Besides you want enough room to skirmish!

Offline ink the troll

• Scientist
Wouldn't those Safari Toob people be a bit too tall to still fit into the boxes though?

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
The eyptian toob doesnt have any people, just statues.  They should fit inside the boxes.  A lot of them are actually quite squat.  I put them on painted wood blocks to make them look 'heavier'.  The paint up very well.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26861900@N00/5763656600/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Here is a picture of the toob painted with a coppelstone 28mm miniature

It seems FLickr has changed the way you share files, can't seem to post the picture  >:(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:53:36 PM by Oldben1 »

Offline ink the troll

• Scientist
Meant the statues with 'toob people', from other pics I've seen they always looked bigger/ taller.

Regarding posting pics: not sure which browser you use, but try right clicking the image, and see if there's something like 'copy image location' and insert that between the image tags.

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers