Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:44:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690879
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heroes against the dark.  (Read 3315 times)

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
Heroes against the dark.
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:26:38 PM »
I thought i would post some of my heroes from our 'Edge of Darkness' campaign.It deals with a small coastal town on the North Sea coast cursed with attacks of evil ghouls and demented cultists linked to a distant mad general in Romania.

'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Heroes against the dark.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 02:13:28 PM »
Sounds like I'd really enjoy your campaign.  It's right up my alley.  If you get a chance tell me more about how it's set up and run.
I've narrowed all of my terrain, buildings and figures to the Pulp Cthulhu Arkham, Dunwich & Innmouth Settings.  

Where do the first two figures come from.  I'm not familiar with those sculpts.
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
Heroes against the dark.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 04:14:17 PM »
Thanks gauntman!The two figures at the top- the elderly man is from the Foundry England invaded civilians pack and the Lady is a copplestone female archaeologists.
Our campaign setting is a small coastal town in the North East of England called Searath Habour.The local Landowner and retired Gentleman Victor 'Hotspur' Hakin  lives in a decayng old manor house deep in Carr woods.He broods that he son the Adventurer has been missing in Romania for the last 2 months and the goverment seems powerless to locate him.His new fangled gyrocopter went down in the Carpthanian highlands and since then no reports.As the local magistate too all kinds of problems have been troubling him.Several attacks in the dockside area have left two persons dead and three missing.Hoodlums have ransacked the local Saint Michael's church and several gravestones 'burnt'.The parson David Myers looked at the stones but merely smiled.But the most perplexing problem is the abductions.Over the last several months almost a dozen,men.women and even three children have disappeared with no ransom asked or contact made.The local policeman PC Collins has requested aid on several occasions but only a short visit by Newcastle constables was his reward.The townspeople mutter of shadows that drain the light down by the docks and George the lighthouse keeper mumbles about prancing figures seen on the nearby clifftops.Frank Campbell the gravedigger has been seen bloody and dazed staggering home along the highstreet on several late nights and now always sleeps in the Saint Michael Churchyard with his old shovel at hand.Many men talk in the local Pub(the  Hotspur's lance) that the police are useless and the magistrate to self obsorbed by his own loss to help look for their kin.The main rabble rouser is Mortimer Deacon, an ex soldier and now the Captain of the fishing boat the 'Tempest'.He urges that the caskets and idols the Magistrate's son has sent back from his many travels must be to blame and they should confront the Hotspur for an answer.Deacon's wife and daughter. young Alice are amongst the missing.

We use the Mordheim skimish rules wth an update for guns and mindblasting horrors.I feel it's quite superb for small action games and plays very friendly.Love to hear you campaign stuff Gauntman.  :mrgreen:

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Heroes against the dark.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 04:43:48 PM »
That sounds a great story. you should post some reports and pics if you can  :)

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Heroes against the dark.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »
Love em all, especially the Bobby, but I don't recognize him. Where's he from?

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
Heroes against the dark.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
He's from the Foundry England Invaded civilians set.Thanks for the comments.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Heroes against the dark.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »
Very cool....  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Re: Heroes against the dark.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:43:55 PM »
Nice. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin