Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695354
  • Total Topics: 118683
  • Online Today: 552
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heroes for Dungeonquest - Help Needed  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
Heroes for Dungeonquest - Help Needed
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
I was hoping that if anyone has got any of these figures unpainted, they could tell me the name of each figure as carved on the front of the tab. This is the biggest pic I can find.

Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Heroes for Dungeonquest - Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »
I do not know all the names as on the tab, but some are Fighters from various releases.
The Barbarians are here   http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/0107fighters.htm
The Dwarf is Very Upset Berserker from here;  http://www.solegends.com/citc/c06dwfadv.htm
The Ranger is here   http://www.solegends.com/citcat89suml/c89suml-074115-1-03.htm

If you look around on Stuff of Legends you will find them all.
The names on the bases will probably just say; Fighter, Dwarf etc..

I am afraid you will either have to search them all out or hope Heldrak sees this post.
He is the man who knows where to find pretty much everything Citadel.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »
Hei pal,

follow that link

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/1745/heroes-for-dungeonquest

You'll find under "Images" pics of their cards, names included ;)
Not sure if the names carved on the tab is their "real" name, as you can see on the tab of the guy with the 2 swords, called "Swordmaster"

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
Not sure if the names carved on the tab is their "real" name, as you can see on the tab of the guy with the 2 swords, called "Swordmaster"

I doubt it as I have seen the guy with two swords called 'Diggory Somethingorother' somewhere IIRC.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »
Bottom row, chick w/ winged helmet is Wonger.  Barbarian, 1st mini 2nd row is Barbarian Prince.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 01:49:34 PM »
The guy with the Hammer has "Battlelord" engraved.

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 02:06:40 PM »
I do not know all the names as on the tab, but some are Fighters from various releases.
The Barbarians are here   http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/0107fighters.htm
The Dwarf is Very Upset Berserker from here;  http://www.solegends.com/citc/c06dwfadv.htm
The Ranger is here   http://www.solegends.com/citcat89suml/c89suml-074115-1-03.htm

If you look around on Stuff of Legends you will find them all.
The names on the bases will probably just say; Fighter, Dwarf etc..

I am afraid you will either have to search them all out or hope Heldrak sees this post.
He is the man who knows where to find pretty much everything Citadel.

Your faith in me is touching, Mason...  ;)

Most of the figures in the "Heroes For Dungeonquest" set were cobbled together from pre-existing Citadel figures, and thus the names on their slotta tabs reflect their origins, not the names assigned to them for Dungeonquest. One or two of them appear to have only been released with the set, but even their slotta tabs do not reflect their Heroes for Dungeonquest names (Serellia of Zimmendel leaps to mind, IIRC her tab just says "Sorceress"), indicating that they were originally intended for regular release and then diverted into the Dungeonquest line.

As far as I can tell, a lot of the names assigned to figures were arbitrarily made up by the marketing department without any real reference to any other source of information (including previous names given to the figure, or the actual name printed on the slotta tab), thus you occasionally see different names given to the same figure on different catalogue pages in the same issue of White Dwarf (!).

The biggest exception to this is figures made for the various Scenario packs (Magnificent Sven, Terror of the Lichemeister, etc.). Those figures tend to have the largest percentage of slotta tab/character matches (although plenty of regular Citadel figures were also recycled into the scenario packs as well).

Drawing from memory, I believe the only two figures in the Heroes For Dungeonquest line with actual names carved on their slotta tabs are Rildo and Wonger.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:08:46 PM by Heldrak »
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 02:44:01 PM »
Your faith in me is touching, Mason...  ;)

Most of the figures in the "Heroes For Dungeonquest" set were cobbled together from pre-existing Citadel figures, and thus the names on their slotta tabs reflect their origins, not the names assigned to them for Dungeonquest. One or two of them appear to have only been released with the set, but even their slotta tabs do not reflect their Heroes for Dungeonquest names (Serellia of Zimmendel leaps to mind, IIRC her tab just says "Sorceress"), indicating that they were originally intended for regular release and then diverted into the Dungeonquest line.

As far as I can tell, a lot of the names assigned to figures were arbitrarily made up by the marketing department without any real reference to any other source of information (including previous names given to the figure, or the actual name printed on the slotta tab), thus you occasionally see different names given to the same figure on different catalogue pages in the same issue of White Dwarf (!).

The biggest exception to this is figures made for the various Scenario packs (Magnificent Sven, Terror of the Lichemeister, etc.). Those figures tend to have the largest percentage of slotta tab/character matches (although plenty of regular Citadel figures were also recycled into the scenario packs as well).

Drawing from memory, I believe the only two figures in the Heroes For Dungeonquest line with actual names carved on their slotta tabs are Rildo and Wonger.

:o :o :o

See what I mean?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »
And even Wonger is called Helena in the game ;)

:o :o :o

See what I mean?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your completley right about that

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
Thanks for the help. A little frustrating that people were apparently oblivious to the underlined "on the front of the tab" in my first post. and wittered on about the names of the characters on the cards,  lol but I still appreciate the interest. I was well aware that the two were not necessarily the same and knowing the names on the tab will make it easier to track down the models.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »
The information you have been given WILL help you track down the models!  :D

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »
Thanks for the help. A little frustrating that people were apparently oblivious to the underlined "on the front of the tab" in my first post. and wittered on about the names of the characters on the cards,  lol but I still appreciate the interest. I was well aware that the two were not necessarily the same and knowing the names on the tab will make it easier to track down the models.

It will probably help you little, as most eBay sellers are oblivious to vital details on the figures they sell, but working from left to right, top to bottom:

2. Rildo
3. Ninja
4. Paladin
5. Barbarian Prince
7. Swordman (sic)
8. Chaos Warrior
9. Sorceress
10. Wonger
11. Sorcerer
12. Berserker

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 02:18:54 PM »

That happens when the body is answering before the mind is able to understand the question completley ;) lol

It will probably help you little, as most eBay sellers are oblivious to vital details on the figures they sell, but working from left to right, top to bottom:

2. Rildo
3. Ninja
4. Paladin
5. Barbarian Prince
7. Swordman (sic)
8. Chaos Warrior
9. Sorceress
10. Wonger
11. Sorcerer
12. Berserker

6. Battlelord

Not sure if the first one was called "Pitfighter".

Could help you with Barbarian Prince, Battlelord and Swordman, by the way

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 02:21:39 PM »

2. Rildo
3. Ninja
4. Paladin
5. Barbarian Prince
7. Swordman (sic)
8. Chaos Warrior
9. Sorceress
10. Wonger
11. Sorcerer
12. Berserker

Thanks Heldrak.  :)
Mason - I've got the character cards. It's the figures I'm after. If a seller knows a figure is from DQ then he's going to list it as such and possibly with the character's name. Someone who doesn't know about DQ but has the figures may list them as they are described on the tab.  :D

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 02:24:05 PM »
That happens when the body is answering before the mind is able to understand the question completley ;) lol

6. Battlelord

Not sure if the first one was called "Pitfighter".

Could help you with Barbarian Prince, Battlelord and Swordman, by the way

Thanks Comsquare. Hold that thought until the end of the month if you could please - payday and all that.  :)