Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:51:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 794
Total: 799

Recent

Author Topic: My super-heroes  (Read 18525 times)

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
My super-heroes
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:48:26 AM »
Decided to start painting my heroclix minis again.  Here is the first one!  Its Cyclops.  I changed his yellow bits into a sort of yellowish brown instead so its not quite the official colours.  Anyway, have a looks

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
My super-heroes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 08:28:01 AM »
Great one, FG! Good decision on the "not-yellow" colour, also for my taste the yellow is too gaudy. I like those Heroclix sculpts and have lots of them too, my daughter plays always with Heroclix Spiderman and Hulk figs :) Do you know by chance who makes them?

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
My super-heroes
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 10:21:05 AM »
thanks!  I also got a few painted from years ago including spiderman and hulk, but our group's gallery is down at the moment.  You can see crappy scans of them up on CMON.  They were the first stuff I uploaded there so are in the last 2 pages (3 and 4 at the moment).  I'll take better pics when our gallery come back online.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse/page/4/submitter/fatgoblin

If you mean who is the manufacturer, they are by Wizkids, but I think you know that?
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/

If you meant sculptor, some of the newer sets are listed with their sculptor in their gallery
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp

So while this cyclops is from the first set, Infinity Challenge, they rereleased it as Universe, and thankfully there it is credited to Tim Prow, an ace veteran sculptor (who I think have left Wizkids since?)
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?unitid=5377

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
My super-heroes
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 11:25:54 AM »
Quote from: "fatgoblin"
thanks!  I also got a few painted from years ago including spiderman and hulk, but our group's gallery is down at the moment.  You can see crappy scans of them up on CMON.  They were the first stuff I uploaded there so are in the last 2 pages (3 and 4 at the moment).  I'll take better pics when our gallery come back online.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse/page/4/submitter/fatgoblin

yeah, lots of nicely painted heroes there!

If you meant sculptor, some of the newer sets are listed with their sculptor in their gallery
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp

So while this cyclops is from the first set, Infinity Challenge, they rereleased it as Universe, and thankfully there it is credited to Tim Prow, an ace veteran sculptor (who I think have left Wizkids since?)
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?unitid=5377

yes, i was meaning the sculptor. Didnt know that Tim Prow has made them, therefore s it any wonder that they're so good :-)

IS there actually a Hellblazer fig?

Offline knoxville

• Mr. Happiness
  • Mad Scientist
    • ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES
My super-heroes
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 11:54:18 AM »
Ooooh yes! A John Constantine figure would be nice. I don't know the comics, but I loved the movie  :love:
I was there the day that Horus fell.
ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
My super-heroes
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 12:44:51 PM »
hellblazer comics are absolutely great, belong to my favourite comics amongst others like Hellboy, Goon, Sandman and so on. The movie isn't bad, a bit different then comics but not bad

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
My super-heroes
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 12:45:38 PM »
Quote from: "knoxville"
Ooooh yes! A John Constantine figure would be nice. I don't know the comics, but I loved the movie  :love:

Knoxville: If you can get a hold of any of the trade paperbacks, DO SO! Hellblazer was one of the best occult style comics.Annd the character is nothing like the movie. In the comiche's a right bastard. He screws over his friends and flips the devil the bird at the same time. The comics Constantine is like an occult grifter, he's always got some scam going.

I have one page of origimnal art from the early run.

Rich
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
My super-heroes
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 12:46:47 PM »
very nice. I took the time and looked at all your pictures you posted at CMON.
Iam really impressed. I like the Zombie Stuff alot and I like the Super Heroes a lot.
Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
My super-heroes
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 01:10:16 PM »
thanks!   :mrgreen:

I'm not 100% familiar with the sets but I don't think any of the vertigo characters got clix-ed (except the swamp thing I think).  A bit of a shame as they had some really classy characters.  But then I think by design they were niche markets and did not have the broad base appeal of the main DC verse.  

And by simply looking at the number and frequency of expansions released, Marvel must outsell DC clix by a fair bit.  I think Indy clix did terribly cause I always see them in discounts and no new sets were ever mentioned, which is a shame.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
My super-heroes
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 02:13:18 PM »
I think Indy clix did terribly cause I always see them in discounts and no new sets were ever mentioned, which is a shame.

Yeah it is. I would have loved an expanded Hellboy Clix. I've got multiples of the Lobster Johnson and Hellboy figures. I have to get around to adding them to my "paint" pile.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
My super-heroes
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 02:24:11 PM »
Vertigo belongs to DC in the meantime but well, unfortunately the comics business is similar to miniature or another business. There is one market leader(Marvel or GW), they make loads of money on their beaten tracks and really interesting and innovative things like Goon are staying beside of Spiderman&Co. I was surprised to see the clix-ed Hellboy, actually a Dark Horse hero. Btw, Goon, FG you have to check out that comic, i'm sure you ill like it, it's about zombies and The Goon is the top zombie hunter, that's really exquisite!

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
My super-heroes
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 02:37:07 PM »
Here's a good link about Goon:

http://ichibancomics.blogspot.com/2005/11/goon-1-25-cent-issue.html

Another excellent comic Prof.! I'm enjoying your taste in comics/miniatures/movies more and more!

:D

Offline fatgoblin

• Scientist
My super-heroes
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 03:40:21 PM »
yah... I'm a huge Hellboy fan, was over the moon when I first saw him in a promo pic of Indy clix before it was released. Loved the Dredd, Kabuki, and danger girl ones too.

Wow!  Thanks for pointing out Goon to me.  I can't remember who/where brought it to my attention once several months ago, I even downloaded the preview off the website, then promptly forgot all about it.  I have to try to get myself a copy.

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
My super-heroes
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 09:20:47 PM »
I think that was me FG!!

I have been a big fan of the Goon since I discovered that 25 cent issue.

I have all the graphic novels to date.  If you like pulp figures a little over the top and some 'lovecraftian' horror mixed in, don't miss it.

Speaking of a John Constatine miniature....

Magnificent Egos has one....actually its the only miniature of theirs I have ever liked...

I saw a green of it..but haven't seen it availible yet.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
My super-heroes
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 09:27:23 AM »
Hi Supervike, welcome aboard! The fig isn't bad, though the hands look a bit odd and the coat flutters too extreme. But I guess, the mini will be pretty big? Probably too big for the usual 28mm?