Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Novgorod vs. Swedish Crusaders Lion Rampant AAR  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
  • www.dalauppror.blogspot.com
    • Dalauppror Wargamingblog
Novgorod vs. Swedish Crusaders Lion Rampant AAR
« on: July 13, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
Hi

I and Jonas have had a game of Lion Rampant lately. Jonas have painted a Host of Novgorodians, realy stunning paint work.

You can find the AAR at my blog.

Best regards Michael

Offline Nevyen

• Scientist
    • 5th Column Wargaming
Re: Novgorod vs. Swedish Crusaders Lion Rampant AAR
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 03:22:23 PM »
Michael

wonderful AAR can i ask how does one get a hold of these rules?

Kind regards

JP

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »
Thanks JP

The games we have run are part of the playtest of the Lion Rampant rules that will be released in the Osprey Wargames line during the early part of 2014. They are writen by Dan Mersey (autour of Dux Bellorum)

Best regards Michael

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
Was a great report! So I take it the rules are 1/1 scale. Such as one man equals one man. How much of Europe and history dose the rules cover? 
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 12:53:14 PM »
Thank you very much !

I reccon you could say it is a 1/1 scale game, but the minis are grouped in 6īs or 12īs

I got this text from Danīs blog

"Lion Rampant is scenario drivena 'big skirmish' medieval wargame. Players choose their forces (their 'host', in LR terms) in advance of knowing the scenario, which means a knight-heavy host will be very handy in those rare stand-up fights, but a mixed host (or even one with plenty of light troops) comes in handy just as often.

* Models will be individually based. The rules can be used with 28mm and 15mm models, and of course smaller sizes if you want to base them individually or fudge the units. They could even be used with 54mm models if you have a lot more space than I do.

* Units will generally have 12 foot or 6 mounted models as a rough guide; and you'll have several units in your army (minimum 4 at the present time). Mounted units, Foot Retinue and skirmichers have six models per unit, everyone else has 12 models.

* The rules will be VERY SIMPLE. If you're after a detailed blow-by-blow skirmish game, these won't be the right rules for you. My aim is to provide a decent set of easy to learn rules allowing you to push some nice-looking knights around the tabletop: I liked The Rules According To Ral and Cry Havoc, and hope to create a game with a similar flavour.

* The rules are written to play out like a skirmish, not a rehash of big battle rules. Be prepared for some units being more/less useful than you're used to in bigger battle rules!

* I have a publisher in place and will be contacting a few globally-based playtesters in the near future. I've been hard at work on the rules over the past few months, which is one of the reasons I stopped developing Scottorum Malleus.

* Start collecting your Curtey's, Gripping Beast, Perry's, or Fireforge models (or whoever makes the models you like the most...)! The rules will cover Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and the Crusades, so your favourite armies should be playable. Army lists will be fairly open so collect the units you fancy, not the ones I tell you to."

Hope it helps out

Best regards Michael