Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:10:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Jevenkah and Teshub with more topless, er, roofless buildings  (Read 37087 times)

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
Re: Jevenkah Paints (7Nov- Orc sod hut foundations)
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »
Its always nice to see something new from Jevenkah and Teshub.  :) Thanks for the walkthrough on how to make your longhouses.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »
Joining the chorus of love for those huts.
Absolutely wonderful!
 :-* 8) :-*

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2013, 09:11:39 PM »
Again I am blown away by your fantastic scenery and figures. I have not been around much the last few weeks due to a severe bout of flu (the real thing not man-flu), so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 03:10:22 AM »
Thanks again all!

Little Odo- hope you're feeling better. We had household illness go back and forth and back again ourselves, culminating in food poisoning for me that hit 36 hours before we were due to play  o_o  :-X  :'( . I gamely demanded not to reschedule, and indeed felt ok by Saturday morning. But sick sucks.

The sod huts featured prominently in our first scenario of our BIG WARGAMING EVENT!

Our day of wargaming was tremendous fun. 8 players rolled dice and the final battle had a very interesting finish that leaves lots of story potential for the campaign.

AARs to come, for now there are more pix on the website:
http://swordandsorceryrpg.com/the-campaign/lnh_invasion/

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I'm sorry to hear you were laid low by food poisoning. I had that happen to moi long years ago, but the memory lingers. Soldiering through the pain was truly heroic...WELL DONE, Girl!

The photos are WONDERFUL! I especially enjoy seeing the Gamers...a FINE LOOKING Crew. Is the pretty brunette your daughter per chance?
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
I'm sorry to hear you were laid low by food poisoning. I had that happen to moi long years ago, but the memory lingers. Soldiering through the pain was truly heroic...WELL DONE, Girl!

Thank you, it was all for my players. I had promised dinner with gaming as well, fortunately I was almost hungry again when I started my cooking in the morning.

The photos are WONDERFUL! I especially enjoy seeing the Gamers...a FINE LOOKING Crew. Is the pretty brunette your daughter per chance?
Yes, that's our daughter! The pic of her and her brother hugging is them celebrating a key initiative roll that protected her battle leader.

She got the first game of the day. Her objective was to get a unit of women and children safely away from the invading orcs.

We gave her brother a little boy from that group which he ran around by himself for 2 rounds before realizing he didn't want the orcs to get him and ran the boy back to the women. His mini had a stick which he wanted to use to "bonk an urog on the head and knock him unconscious. "

I'm glad you enjoy seeing our crew. We spent the day after the event rehashing it, and we kept coming back to how lucky we were to have such dedicated friends and family.

More pics and AARs to follow!
Jevenkah

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
For lack of a better word I'd say it's heartwarming to see you guys playing. There remains the very satisfying feeling that somewhere really nice people are happily playing and having a good time. And I love the scenario your kids ran: learning the value of human life before teaching them the ways to destroy it...  ;)

It's good to hear you survived the food poisening ordeal. All the best to you and your family.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
For lack of a better word I'd say it's heartwarming to see you guys playing. There remains the very satisfying feeling that somewhere really nice people are happily playing and having a good time.

Once again Doomhippie, you have left me looking for a blushing smilie  :-* Thank you. One of the things we noticed in the photos was that even the guys in the background waiting to play had smiles on their faces. As we threw folks out at one in the morning (one gamer having been here almost 12 hours) they were talking all the way to their cars about this round or that roll, or the way the kids came downstairs during the climactic battle with a huge tray of "snacks" courtesy the 8 year old (half a loaf of sandwich bread and every jar of jam in the fridge, crackers and a block of cheese with no knife, it was hysterical  :D )

And I love the scenario your kids ran: learning the value of human life before teaching them the ways to destroy it...  ;)

They also learned the value of armor in the Fantasy Warriors system as the orcs all had Heavy and the kids only had one unit with Medium Armor. Kidding aside, our biggest issue with bringing the kids into our gaming community was being aware of not basing the stories around violence. After careful selection of story elements from favorite media and crafting of adventures, both the group of young boys aged 6-9 and the group of 13 & 14 years old got almost to the end of their first sessions and asked when they were going to fight orcs.  lol Now we just don't use the casualties around our 8 year old.

Here is above-mentioned little guy moving our best unit to the beach in an attempt to buy time for the civilians. I am ready to catch minis as he meticulously placed them in a 2 x 5 march directly next to the edge of the table.

Jevenkah

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Re: Jevenkah Paints Teshub's Models (Orc Temple in Action)
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2014, 07:09:57 PM »
Hi all! We've been steadily playing and painting through our long New England Winter and the supposed spring sunshine has encouraged me to sit and post some pictures.

Orcs and One place of worship:

Great Northern Orc Hall:

And the mudhole that is Helvik, ancestral home of our Jarl Kvig in our on-going SwordAndSorceryRPG:

We have a game scheduled for Saturday night which the hall will feature in, I hope to get some great in-game shots then.

Jevenkah

Offline PatrickWR

• Scientist
  • Fully Painted Since 2010
    • Comrade's Wargames
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »
Wow, that orc hall is amazing! It looks like the roof comes off to grant access to the interior. Is that the case? If so, post some pics of the interior!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
The WONDERFUL scenery, minis, & photos are as always VERY COOL & INSPIRING! VERY WELL DONE!
I'm delighted you survived the Winter...I would imagine you are too. Now you just have to get by the thaw & you're home free.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2014, 10:51:39 PM »
Love the Orc hall!

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2014, 04:14:10 AM »
Thank you! Yes, the roof does come off the Orc Hall. Here's a pic of the start of the set-up for the next game:

And if the thaw comes, I'll let you know :)

Jevenkah

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Re: Jevenkah Paints Teshub's Models (Orc Hall, Topless)
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2014, 06:13:08 AM »
The buildings you make, wow!  :o  The interiors especially are incredible, keep em coming  ;D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Jevenkah Paints Teshub's Models (Orc Hall, Topless)
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2014, 12:01:16 PM »
The Hall of the Orcish King's interior details are OUTSTANDING. The throne & banquet table are cool touches; AND the stonework is so WONDERFULLY realistic that it actually looks heavy. VERY WELL DONE!

On the thaw: An erstwhile friend in New Hampshire used to complain that each Spring she'd find her hill in the street below.