Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691467
  • Total Topics: 118393
  • Online Today: 566
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ArceWorlde kickstarter Final Push  (Read 8092 times)

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
ArceWorlde kickstarter Final Push
« on: August 04, 2013, 03:43:55 PM »
Warploque's ArceWorlde kickstarter is up,
it's a new fantasy skirmishing game and includes some great mini's

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warploqueminiatures/arcworlde-the-fantasy-skirmish-wargame

these are the first four warbands that are available through the kickstarter, but I'm hoping warpy will add some of the bigger beasties he's done in one of the future stretchgoals

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:00:15 AM by Mr Tough Guy »

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: ArceWorlde kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »
This is an open message to Alex.

First the positive stuff.

I really like the halflings/not-hobbits very much.   :)  Stylistically they are and are not JRRT Hobbits. Which is an outstanding thing IMO.   :o  Love LOTR books  :-*  and these catch a new view of the concept of halflings in an original point of view.   8)  You're only 20?  Damn, less than a third of my age and three times as much artistic talent on my best day.   :'(  Ever.   o_o

Well-prepared KS, well-thought out and I like that you have so much sculpted or even master casted (is that a real verb?)  You have been thinking of this for a while, haven't you?  Artistic and sharp!  You have good potential to be a force in this hobby for a long time I suspect.   8)   :)  

Now the negative stuff.   ::)

Well, not really negative...  ;)

The other warbands don't appeal to me.   :-I  Now that is not saying they are not well sculpted or that I don't actually appreciate them.  I just have so many fantasy figures (even after getting rid of most of my OD&D FRPG pieces) that I am not in the market for more except the 1970's Der Kriegspieler Dwarf and Lesser Orc figures (latter now cast legitimately and former very rarely on EvilBay.)  I think you will have lots of attention paid to them.  Since I won't be buying them I won't comment on the styles (plus or minus) as they appear to me.  Your worst sculpt is still beyond any hope of my achieving I suspect.   :(

Another set of fantasy rules (not just yours) I don't need.   lol   Looking to find my FGU Space Marines rules (pre GW) to show a friend the Extreme Old School Modifiers style of rules of the 1970's visually reminded me that I have a crate and two filing cabinet drawers of Historical/Science Fiction/Fantasy/VSF/Pulp/etc., rules I will never use.   :-X  

Let me congratulate you (in advance) on achieving you goals in this KS and your future efforts in this hobby..

BTW, your seamstress is pretty dern good!

Gracias,

Glenn

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:54:41 PM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 08:43:26 PM »
Some good looking miniatures there!  I would recommend getting some paint on some of those figures ASAP - would likely draw far more attention.

Alas my hobby budget is stretched pretty thin at the moment, and I am getting less and less keen on waiting 6-12 months for figures.  I will keep an eye open for them once they come available in retail.

As for the comment on yet another set of fantasy rules, I bet they will be good, but I doubt I would have any luck finding someone to pick it up as well in my area, unfortunately  :?
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 09:02:53 PM »
Love the waistcoat.
The pirates look tempting.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 09:13:49 PM »
Very interesting idea, I like the sculpts. And I second the trying some painted versions up soon.
I can also totally see use for the human's. Need some mounted and dismounted dragoons and a few men with swords. 
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
I thought the halflings were available before, I remember seeing painted ones by Hubbynz:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55342.msg656071#msg656071

but on closer inspection they seem to be different sculpts

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 12:27:31 AM »
I'm almost put in mind of a not-Discworld.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 02:15:13 PM »
On his facebook page there's even more characterful minis, the Unithiorn and River Bull Troll amongst my favorite.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
There's also a ton of great stuff he's shown on his Frothers thread that I was hoping would be part of this kickstarter but he's only just getting started so I'm hoping we'll see some of that stuff as stretchgoals

http://frothersunite.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30789&hilit=warploque

I already have one of his cocklegriffs (p88) but I'd love get my hands on the thingflinger (p118) and the zombie whale and zombie ahab(p105/106)

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »
I really like the minis :) and so I am tempted to take part in my second kickstarter (after Olympus from Crocodile).
The video is a real smasher and the stretch goals improve the value by quite a margin I think. Hmmm......

cheers Thomas
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 10:25:51 PM »
I shouldn't do this.  I don't need these.  I probably will gift them to someone who can appreciate them.

That said, I choose to support this sculptor and his project even if it is only for one war band!  I won't count this as breaking my intent to not back another KS until my other ones arrive because I plan on giving these as a gift...

I just won't go to lunch a couple of times to fit it into the budget...

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 12:00:10 PM »
There's also a ton of great stuff he's shown on his Frothers thread that I was hoping would be part of this kickstarter but he's only just getting started so I'm hoping we'll see some of that stuff as stretchgoals

http://frothersunite.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30789&hilit=warploque

I already have one of his cocklegriffs (p88) but I'd love get my hands on the thingflinger (p118) and the zombie whale and zombie ahab(p105/106)

Oh whatta you know, Frother's back up running - great stuff! Funny how the World keeps on trucking while you're trying to adjust to your new profession as dad  :D

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 12:03:53 PM »
I chucked in nearly a 100 quid today, couldn't really figure out how to choose stretch goal minis but think it will work out in the end.

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »
new warband added: Wildelves

Offline muncehead

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 10:54:24 PM »
Any idea how much I would need to pledge to get just the big troll figure?
Have fun storming the castle! ...and that really isn't me you know...

Gothic Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55943.0 - although on pause atm as too much RL stuff getting in the way.