Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690932
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Questions about/to Gringo 40.  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Questions about/to Gringo 40.
« on: August 10, 2013, 02:30:41 PM »
Okay, "trying to get best bang for bucks? timeon a possible order.

1)  Are there dismounted versions of CONQ1,2,5,6,7?  Might be tempted to get a few mounted/dismounted leader types if available as paired figures (or "really close" visually.)

2)  Would the (trying to stay semi-historical) contra guerillas http://www.gringo40s.com/contra-guerillas.html work with the SAW Spanish figures http://www.gringo40s.com/spanish.html as irregulars and/or mercenaries for my VSF games?  For my SAW games? (yeah that last might be an official "reach" I know)   Are their weapons too advanced/anachronistic for Cuban, Puerto Rican or Philippine Spanish Guerrillas/rebels?

3) The Villistas, http://www.gringo40s.com/villistas.html  - would they be out of place in a Spanish VSF or SAW force as irregulars and/or mercenaries?  Are their weapons too advanced/anachronistic for Cuban, Philippine Spanish Guerrillas/rebels for SAW era games?

4) Are there more Austrian figures (currently 5) in the pipeline and, if so, what is the probable availability date if you know?  I am thinking VSF on Venus here...

Gracias,

Glenn

who wants to get the best value for 15 GBP shipping to the USA and can't afford 190 GBP for free shipping...

Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Questions about/to Gringo 40.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
Glen

hi there
im possibly the best person to answer at least a brace of those questions
Regarding the Conquistadors i do intend to expand them and possibly match the riders with a foot version of their mounted self. other foot figures are on the drawing board

Regarding the Maximillian Period im expanding this a fast as my coffers will allow and my sculpters can sculpt as i have zeroed in on this range mainly as well as bringing the others up to speed

another batch of Austrian Jaegers are with Griffin including a bulked up
command set with trumpeter..office (ernst pitner) firing revolver..kneeling
firing Jaeger plus other rank and file...............and two crew for the
mountain gun currently available..hope this helps
regards Ged www.gringo40s.com ;)

Offline ffrum

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »
I like your site and the figures you display.  While 40mm are too big for me at this time, the 28mm figures are very interesting. 

I would be very interested in purchasing some of the naval figures you mention on your site, that participated in the Spannish-Ameirican war.  These figures are probably in your production schedule and not available at this time.  I bookmarked your site and will keep my eye on the listings.

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »
Ffrum
thanks for the imput and kind commnets feel free to
request the naval figures you would like to see..i will
have a look as i need to do some of these.... :)

regards
Ged
www.gringo40s.com
www.gringo40s.blogspot.com
and 28mm Spanish American War range

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 06:12:15 PM »
Glen

hi there
im possibly the best person to answer at least a brace of those questions
Regarding the Conquistadors i do intend to expand them and possibly match the riders with a foot version of their mounted self. other foot figures are on the drawing board

Regarding the Maximillian Period im expanding this a fast as my coffers will allow and my sculpters can sculpt as i have zeroed in on this range mainly as well as bringing the others up to speed

another batch of Austrian Jaegers are with Griffin including a bulked up
command set with trumpeter..office (ernst pitner) firing revolver..kneeling
firing Jaeger plus other rank and file...............and two crew for the
mountain gun currently available..hope this helps
regards Ged www.gringo40s.com ;)

1) So, not yet but a possibility later -  okay, I'll wait a bit on those.  I need to paint up some of the Conquistadors I have currently anyway.

2) The contra guerrillas of the 1861-1867 war won't look out of place in the SAW era or a VSF force from the SAW era?  I guess 30 years back then saw less massive innovation then 1983 - 2013 in Military Matters.  For Irregulars/mercenaries I suppose the scruffy, old technology stuff would work.

3) I still have some concerns for (Mexican) Villistas (1920-1920's) in a 1898 +/- Spanish SAW/VSF setting.  But other than a few of the Heavy Weapons I don't see anything that would jar the other historians in my group right away.  Mexican Mercenaries working for Spain - might be some cultural issues to consider.  Although could they work as (Cuban/Puerto Rican/Philippines) rebels against Spain in the SAW?

4)  Yes, this could be the figures I might want (if I go this route) for Austro-Hungarians on Venus in VSF.  Unfortunately they wouldn't do double duty for the SAW like your Spanish SAW would do.  But hey, that is where history and VSF part ways...  How anachronistic are the weapons compared to the 1898 period?

Gracias,

Glenn