Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:33:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690848
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1701424 times)

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #12480 on: February 21, 2024, 07:06:51 AM »
lol
Not for me thanks.
I got lawnmower simulater free in a humble bundle package and can't bring myself to install it on the computer. I really don't see the appeal to those sorts of games (Train simulator just makes me wonder what is the point to it, can't even turn left or right!)

I don't even get the appeal of video games in general, but I know my friends absolutely go nuts for stuff like powerwash simulator, so someone at GW has clearly run the numbers and decided this is worth the effort.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #12481 on: February 21, 2024, 07:40:07 AM »
They run a live action version of this game at my local carwash. 'Course it's more 2005 VW Golfs than Land Raiders, but still, it's free to watch and if you're lucky you can play it yourself for a 12hr shift and they only charge you £5 an hour.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #12482 on: March 04, 2024, 10:20:57 AM »
Anyone seen the new Gnome team for Bloodbowl?

Gnomes are not exactly Bloodbowl material I'd say, but GW went ahead and made these anyway. They'll probably have some interesting special rules to make them viable. Oh; and they can field Treemen!

I have several Bloodbowl teams already, but they're all 3rd edition, and this is the version we tend to play locally. But this team is just so interesting to me, I might well pick them up just to paint them.

I have no idea why, but I feel like I must have them. I mean; they have a badger!

At the very least, some of the minis can do (double?) duty in my (concept) Doggerland Dutch force ::)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 10:22:46 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #12483 on: March 04, 2024, 02:55:58 PM »
I like the Gnomes, even though I do not play Blood Bowl. It would be nice to see Gnomes in the re-release of the Old World.

Speaking of the Old World…

Burgschneider, a German larp and re-enactment costuming company has released a trailer for their upcoming clothing line done in partnership with GW.

I have some Burgschneider stuff, decent quality and price for off the shelf costume pieces.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #12484 on: March 04, 2024, 03:11:55 PM »

At the very least, some of the minis can do (double?) duty in my (concept) Doggerland Dutch force ::)

Would make Rien Poortvliet proud.

This is absolutely left field (or is that end zone in blood bowl?) but I am delighted to see it in a way that I haven't really felt for GW released in a long time.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #12485 on: March 04, 2024, 03:43:44 PM »
The foxes are my favourite part of this team. And there is something about that badger that makes me think of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog in Monty Python and the Holy Grail It just looks like it might be more vicious than it has any right to be.

Offline sonicReducer

• Bookworm
« Reply #12486 on: March 04, 2024, 06:16:50 PM »
The gnomes are fun. There are other teensy teams like snotlings so they aren't a complete new idea. Great sculpts

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #12487 on: March 04, 2024, 06:31:18 PM »
Would make Rien Poortvliet proud.
Exacly that!

But given the nature of the game, I'd go for Rien Moordvliet in this case  :D

Offline 3Fingers2

• Librarian
« Reply #12488 on: March 04, 2024, 06:48:22 PM »
Not into gnomes or Bloodbowl but FairPlay to them for bringing out a different race 👍
I did see pics of new kroot cavalry other day some sort of reptile steed ? If I remember rightly .

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12489 on: March 04, 2024, 06:59:00 PM »
Anyone seen the new Gnome team for Bloodbowl?

Gnomes are not exactly Bloodbowl material I'd say, but GW went ahead and made these anyway. They'll probably have some interesting special rules to make them viable. Oh; and they can field Treemen!

I have several Bloodbowl teams already, but they're all 3rd edition, and this is the version we tend to play locally. But this team is just so interesting to me, I might well pick them up just to paint them.

I have no idea why, but I feel like I must have them. I mean; they have a badger!

Love them! I'll be getting them (I've collected nearly all the Blood Bowl teams anyway). I reckon they'll be like the Halflings and Goblins; bottom tier team but absolutely hilarious fun to play.

As an aside, I was skeptical about Blood Bowl 2020's rules, but it's absolutely awesome. The main change is just the addition of a Pass stat for players as far as I can tell, which just helps with some diversity of rosters and skill combos (you can have a very agile player who still sucks at passing, or vise versa). There are some other changes but none that I disliked and all of them keep the game super fun. Perhaps your local mates could be persuaded to try it so you can field the gnomes for the odd exhibition match.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #12490 on: March 11, 2024, 04:08:55 PM »
I bought the 40k powerwash addon  lol For my kids really but...it's uh... it's quite relaxing and satisfying. Also has the weird bonus that lots of little parts on the models are named which I'd otherwise probably never know the name of.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #12491 on: March 11, 2024, 09:00:49 PM »
This is quite clever I think: GW bringing back at least one Ratskin in Necromunda without actually bringing back Ratskins (which is good, the old concept needed a serious rethink in my opinion).

Also, it is a great sculpt. Not keen on the rat itself, but the Beastmaster is excellent: some really nice details but not overly cluttered.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12492 on: March 12, 2024, 12:42:43 PM »
Looks like it's time for ages of sigmar 4th edition, as a pre adepticon teaser tends to mean a new rules update.

I've got to say I'm quite excited if the rumours of updated 1st edition stormcasts are true, as the current minis are far far nicer than those 1st wave of aos releases.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #12493 on: March 16, 2024, 10:52:36 AM »
New Kroot up for pre-order- https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/tau-empire-army-set-english-2024

I like the look of the figures, but don't need/want the book or cards. Hopefully they'll sell them separately at some point, as £135 is more than I'm willing to spend.

This massive box includes a whopping 26 miniatures

Not sure 26 figures == massive, but I'm not in marketing ;D

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12494 on: March 16, 2024, 12:01:19 PM »
26 miniatures is definitely "early 2000s battle force" territory. I think you'd need several times that many kroot to even stand a chance at calling it an army in current 40k.