Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:11:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689614
  • Total Topics: 118287
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone Used GoalSystem Delves Rules?  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
Anyone Used GoalSystem Delves Rules?
« on: September 08, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »
I stumbled across the GoalSystem Delves...
http://www.wargamedownloads.com/item.php?item=1065&pics=

And before I spend $15USD [around $19.45NZD] just wanted some feed back.

Will this rule set be only good for Dungeon Crawls or could it be used to make a free roaming Skirmish game?

thx for any advice or replies.

LGW

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: Anyone Used GoalSystem Delves Rules?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 11:11:22 AM »
It's definitely written with a GM in mind, and you can run adventures in all sorts of environments.  No dungeons needed.  But you can also adapt it for skirmish fairly easily.  There's a lot of meet on the bones for you to work with.

Hope this helps!

--Scott
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline grubz

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »
Yup, in fact most the adventures I have played with delves have been ruins + trees style open air style.

The best write ups I have seen on Delves is located here: Basement Motive

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »
Hey Grubz,

Thanks for the props. Things have been a little dead on the blog front as I have been quite busy with "real world" stuff and my hobby time has been pinched.

Lord Grey Wolf, feel free to use any resources I have on my blog. I fell in love with the system during the play-testing and its release. It does have more a RPG GM feel to it, but can be played anywhere you see fit. With the point system you can create characters for a "warband" to be pitted against each other, if you were looking for more of a Warmachine/Warhammer type feel. Pretty much pick a total and go from there.

We mainly stuck to the RPG Skirmish side of things but it can be done. If you have any more questions fire away and feel free to use any resources on my blog. 

Cheers,

Tenz

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »
Thx Tenz I will check your site out..

Mostly having issues trying to create Monster Characters.

an example is stats for this character:

currently trying to convert the Impact Miniatures Dungeon Chibi Adventure Range into the Delve system so we can play a Skirmish game rather then a dungeon crawl.
This character will be a Snake Queen. And is part of a Snake Cult.

any tips or ideas? skills?

Cheers
LGW

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 01:36:02 PM »
Hey Lord GreyWolf,

Creating baddies is fairly easy for Delves. Do you have to ruleset yet? Monster creation starts on page 136.

This is totally open to your own interpretation. I know nothing of the Chibi range so I will be interpreting based on the pic alone.   

First look at this guy or should I say gal...is its obviously a monster, medium size, multi-limbed. Being of the snake kind you can picture quick reflexes, higher initiative, quick attacks etc.  The pic also makes me think of a Maralith from my D&D days, so this baddie could be a tough one!

For powers i'd focus on multi-limbed, maybe add fated it you wanted the baddie to stand out. Deadly is another option and of course powers like evasion, fast reflexes to simulate the prowess of a snake like race. Extra attack for the multi-limbs and of course Melee attack. These all can be added to various levels or you can choose the ones you like depending on how powerful you want to make the creature.

You can always create your own powers as well. I have a few on the blog. It is a fairly simple process.

Hope this helps,

Tenz

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 01:41:24 PM »
Tenz  I have the rules but sort of got bogged down with what to give her. I might try and get some pics of the actual mini and you might get a better picture.

Your correct regarding Maralith though we had to call her "snake queen"
And the mini us in a 40mm base and is quite large.
At work on night shift when I get home I will add some kids to shoe you better.  Thx for the help I really need to get on to this project so the kids can take their factions out for a battle.

LGW

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 05:55:46 PM »
LGW,

Are you doing more of a head to head battle or a GM skirmish where you control the bad dudes and a the players have a character or two each?

You mentioned 40mm bases will all the miniatures used be this big?

For your first go around I'd keep things simple. Once you get familar with the system and the creation you can always redo the stats and increase the challenge.

Remember the base cost for a baddie is 32 points and you go from there. This is in essense the cost of the 4D stat line.

I'll be around to assist where I can. I quite excited that someone else is checking out this gem!

Tenz

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 06:14:17 PM »
nope most of the models will be on 25mm the Snake Queen is on a base that is dam near 50mm.

The Chibi range was made into two sections Type 1's that would fit onto a 25mm round base and the Type II's that would fit on to a 50mm base. [Bugbear, Dragons, Wyvern, Giant Cobra, Snake Queen, Scorpion queen, Giant Scorpion, Nightmare, Troll, Minotaur, Treeman, Pitlord, Demon Prince etc etc.]
here is my first attempt at making her:

Snake Queen
Drive: Cruelty
Size: Very Large   
Concept: Monster[4D]   
Class: Creature   
Strength: 6D   
Defence: 4D   
Toughness: 5D   
Movement:14   
Hp:24            
Wc:4                                    
Fate:3
Initiative: 12
Attack Modifier: 6D
Spells: N/A
Alignment:Evil   

Skills:
Vigor, Dual Weapon Mastery, Extra Attack, Melee Attack,

I am certain I red that when designing a character you have 20-30 points of skills you can add but she has like double that if not more. Am I on the right track?
And I am basing this on more of a Warmachine feel rather then having a GM and a few heroes this is full on skirmish battles around 20 minis max per side for a large scale game and 5-12 for mid range and 1-5 for small scale.

thx again for any and all help given.

LGW

Offline Tenz

• Librarian
    • Basement Motive
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 02:04:38 PM »
Hey LGW,

The baddie is looking like a scary one. A couple of things in order to take the class abilities...i.e. Dual Weapon mastery, you would have to give your baddie that class. For DWM you would need a class in Ranger: Bladesman which would give you DWM and use cover but would cost you 26 points, +10 points per level increase.

I did a quick build with what you had listed and here is what I came up with.

Snake Queen
Drive: Cruelty
Size: Very Large
Class: Monster Ranger-Bladesman 4D
Strength: 6D
Defence:4D
Toughness:4D
Move: 10
HP:24
Fate:3
Initiative: 10
Primary Attack: 6D
Primary Damage: 6D
Alignment: Evil
Skills: Large Target, Use Cover, Dual Weapon Mastery, Vigor, +2 Melee +2 Damage, Extra Attack.

Reward Level: +3D

Here is how I came to this total. Starting points are 32. +4 for Monster, +9 for very large for a total of 45. I took a class in Ranger-Bladesman for +26 for a new total of 71. Vigor was then added for +10 and Extra attack for another +10 to equal 91. The +2 melee and +2 Damage cost 8 for a grand total of 99.

For monster I took +2 move and +2 initiative. Very large increases move by 2 which gave me the total of 10 and a total initiative of 10.

What did you add to increase your move to 14 and initiative to 12?

What does wc stand for?

Just a few questions as the points are quite different between us :)

cheers,

Tenz

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »
not sure will check my formula once I have woken up just got in from night shift need sleep once I am functioning will let you know..

LGW

Offline grubz

• Schoolboy
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 06:19:57 AM »
I built a character builder for delves but haven't really got any feed back on it. If you have some time build a monster and a character and tell me if it works for you.

Offline grubz

• Schoolboy
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 06:20:57 AM »
oops the site is http://goalssheet.com/  :D

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 07:07:49 AM »
oops the site is http://goalssheet.com/  :D

just had a quick look its cool for creating typical Dungeon crawl characters but I am more interested in some thing to help me make character type monsters. much like how Tenz and I were discussing earlier....

at first glance it looks good.

LGW

Offline grubz

• Schoolboy
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 04:57:04 AM »
just had a quick look its cool for creating typical Dungeon crawl characters but I am more interested in some thing to help me make character type monsters. much like how Tenz and I were discussing earlier....

at first glance it looks good.

LGW

Sure, that is valid I did focus it on creating characters. I also used it to keep track of creatures but its not the obvious use.

Did you try to make the Snake queen with the builder?
What prevents you from making creatures with the builder?