Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:47:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Question about VSF FUBAR  (Read 1240 times)

Offline S.A.M.

• Student
Question about VSF FUBAR
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »
Since it is a real pain in the proverbial posterior trying to get into the Forgeof War Forums and I know Froggy ist around here quite often I'd like to ask a question about the VSF FUBAR rules which i really love (so much, in fact, that I have translated and expanded them into a German Edition).

How do you handle Suppression with characters whon have a Suppression value of more than 1?
Obviously you can't put a single figure on it's side more than once. I was thinking of using Suppression markers for those cases when a character gets suppressed more than once.

I would really appreciate an answer (and further discussion about VSF FUBAR (or FUBAR in General)).

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Re: Question about VSF FUBAR
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
If a character is attached to the unit, use the unit's suppression score.  Robert the Reaver with his steam armor of awesomeness is still in danger when surrounded by a bunch of greenhorns.

If a character has a suppression value of more than one, then just place a die by the knocked-over figure if he's acting a his own unit to denote how many suppressions he has. 

In any case, if there are more unsaved hits from a volley of fire than there are figures in the unit, the unit is destroyed.  This applies to single-model units like characters on their own.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »
Since it is a real pain in the proverbial posterior trying to get into the Forgeof War Forums

Okey dokey - give me the name you have tried to register with and roughly when and I shall investigate.

Unfortunately we've had to tighten membership security because I was being hit with up to 50 bogus spam membership requests per day.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline S.A.M.

• Student
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 10:03:31 AM »
In any case, if there are more unsaved hits from a volley of fire than there are figures in the unit, the unit is destroyed.  This applies to single-model units like characters on their own.

But then, wouldn't it be next to pointless to have a character with a suppression value of more than one?
He would automatically be destroyed by a volley that scores more than one hit and if he linked up with another unit he would use the unit's suppression value anyway.