Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley Leagues  (Read 35577 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Pulp Alley Leagues
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »
Thanks fpr posting your leagues, Paul. It's cool to see what ability/skills other folks are choosing.

HAV FUN

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2013, 05:00:51 AM »
Hi, can I get some feedback on my first two leagues I created?

To give you some background, Dakota Smith is the Indiana Jones clone. His league includes his faithful sidekick at the university, along with an annoying sometimes-girlfriend and pesky reporter who find a way to tag along. Von Jaeger is his Nazi nemesis with his hired gun sidekick, and Fraulein Blucher from the Nazi Institute of Supernatural Weaponry (or something like that...haven't come up with a firm name, yet). A few German submarine sailors tag along for brute force.

Dakota Smith

Von Jaeger

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:39:19 PM by mikedemana »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2013, 05:16:13 AM »
Why do your Dakota Smith allies have such high stats? Is that a typo or did I miss something?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2013, 09:38:15 PM »
If I had a dollar for every time I copied and pasted, and then forgot to change relevant information....!!!

Thanks. I re-uploaded. Comments?

Mike Demana

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 05:24:35 AM »
Nice balance, Mike.

Dakota -- is ready for fighting or challenges, and will do good at both.
Harold -- I might move the d8's from Finesse over to Might just because he's got those Muscles of Steel.  ;)
Dolly -- is definitely there to help with the challenges, but won't be too hot in a fight.
Eric -- I might be tempted to to send Eric in first on some plot points - just to draw out perils. With his re-roll on Dodge he has a decent chance to Dodge away from Perils.
Local Guide -- is there to add a bit more Brawl, he could be very useful.

Overall, I'd say Dakota's league is Challenge oriented. They can hold their own in a fight, but against a purely Combat league they're better off staying focused on the prize.

Jaeger -- has some nice defensive abilities, that could make him a tought cookie. I might be tempted to try and get his Dodge up to 3d, but I'm not sure where to take it from.
Otto -- is there to fight, no doubt about it. This makes him a good bodyguard type for Jaeger.
Blucher -- will be helpful for completing challenges and it's always nice to have someone like that around.
3 Sailor -- bring some extra firepower to the league.

Jaeger's league is fairly balanced, leaning slighty towards Combat. I'd use Otto and the Sailors to harry the enemy, while Jaeger and Blucher stay focused on the plot points. If Blucher gets ko'd, then Otto may need to turn his focus to plot points.

These leagues will play very well against each other. Well done.

HAVE FUN

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2013, 09:36:29 PM »
These leagues will play very well against each other. Well done.

Thanks! I did the stats for the other leagues for my campaign, too. There's a British and French archeological teams, along with a mysterious martial arts order whose job it is to ensure the relics the others are seeking to discover stay hidden...

Should I post them, as well?

Mike Demana

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2013, 10:12:29 PM »
Thanks! I did the stats for the other leagues for my campaign, too. There's a British and French archeological teams, along with a mysterious martial arts order whose job it is to ensure the relics the others are seeking to discover stay hidden...

Mike Demana

I know I'd like to see the other leagues as well. Do share.  ;)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 10:24:20 AM »

Mike Demana

The more the merrier!

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 10:54:10 PM »

Mike Demana

Well that group that specialized in underwater leagues had twenty thousand so post away.  lol

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Navy League
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2013, 11:52:09 PM »
Since they're somewhat uniform, I renamed a few of the abilities so I can identify the models a little easier when we're playing.

This is definitely a league built for fightin' ---

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2013, 10:13:07 PM »
Here are the leagues that were used for our Halloween scenario. We also used these leagues to playtest some new abilities.

The business men have come from the local chemical plant to investigate the radiation leak. Apparently the radiation infested both the ground and the water supply causing the dead to rise and giving some of the townspeople an incredible case of the munchies. They have come to try to keep the infestation under wraps.

Sid, Manny and their boss, P.S., had been drinking at the local pub when the busboy suddenly bit a chunk out of the bartender. Agreeing that the drinks were not worth an arm and a leg, they quickly ran outside after decapitating the busboy.

Sonny, on vacation to see his eccentric grandfather, is dropped off in front of the house before the taxi speeds away. He approaches the door with his luggage and raises his hand to knock before the door opens and the maid staggers towards him. Gramps quickly comes behind her and hit the maid over the head with his umbrella. "Quick, no time to explain, put down your things, here's a gun. I need you to run into the house and find a hammer, the dog leash, my coat, and a banana."

The Maximoffs own the majority of the town, including the chemical plant. Once they got the news of the dead wandering, Lilith had everyone pack and head for the tuck. But before they could get to it they were surrounded. Lilith knocked a few townspeople down with her cane and her husband, Mordecai, pulled his emergency gun.

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2013, 03:00:09 AM »
I like "Dandy" as a skill. Is that going to appear in a future PA supplement, or is it simply the ever-reliable, much-renamed Animal tweaked slightly?

I have a couple of Bob Murch figures that skill would be perfect for, actually...

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2013, 06:17:19 PM »
I like "Dandy" as a skill. Is that going to appear in a future PA supplement, or is it simply the ever-reliable, much-renamed Animal tweaked slightly?

I have a couple of Bob Murch figures that skill would be perfect for, actually...

Yup, Dandy and Brainy are slated for 'Vice Alley'. They are different from Animal in that they take away a character's Brawling skill - rather than Shooting. Dandy bumps up Dodge and Finesse, and Brainy bumps Dodge and Cunning.

Currently those two new abilities are planned for level 1, so feel free to try them out and let us know what you think.

THANKS

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 06:10:10 AM »
Yup, Dandy and Brainy are slated for 'Vice Alley'. They are different from Animal in that they take away a character's Brawling skill - rather than Shooting. Dandy bumps up Dodge and Finesse, and Brainy bumps Dodge and Cunning.

Currently those two new abilities are planned for level 1, so feel free to try them out and let us know what you think.

I have an existing supporting character in one of my Leagues that would fit Dandy down to a T. I've been thinking of rebuilding a couple of the older Leagues, I think I might have to incorporate this...

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2013, 06:54:20 AM »
I have an existing supporting character in one of my Leagues that would fit Dandy down to a T. I've been thinking of rebuilding a couple of the older Leagues, I think I might have to incorporate this...

Cool, BB!

We'll have a new list of abilities to playtest soon. If anyone has an interest in trying some new abilities and letting us know how they work, please feel free to send me an email or PM.

THANKS