Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Ongoing issues with Black Cat Bases, recent developments: pp.21ff.  (Read 82191 times)

Offline CollarSarge

• Assistant
Re: (COMMERCIAL) ONGOING SEVERE ISSUES WITH BLACK CAT BASES
« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »
Interesting as the Limited company was dissolved in 2006/7 (looking at companies house) and so they shouldn't still be using Ltd as part of their name....

Mind you, Black Tree Design continued to do the same thing until I pointed it out to them.

Seems there are many ‘shades of black’ in our hobby. My experiences with Black Tree started a few month ago and were great. BCB had a great reputation once but when I ordered two years ago, reality became very different (this very important topic didn't exist back then and I wasn't warned).

So my next thought was: maybe a second meaning of ‘Ltd’ is life-time-delay?

But surprise!  Today I received a new BCB-mail. My order status already switched to „dispatched“! Not the old cancelled order from 2013, but my new one from 5 days ago.

If the minis really will arrive soon, it would be like a change from black to white. Hopefully my fishing vessel now might get a captain long before its launching.
I’ll believe it when the postman will ring. In the meantime best wishes to all fellows in misery and good luck to BCB to get back on track.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:47:33 PM by CollarSarge »

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »
Interesting as the Limited company was dissolved in 2006/7 (looking at companies house) and so they shouldn't still be using Ltd as part of their name...

Exactly.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2015, 05:43:17 PM »
Still waiting for the alleged package to show in the mail.

Curious to see if all my order is included. Appears that some of the lines that use to be available  (ochmann's gangers and animals) are no longer listed.

what's funny is that they still show on main page as "new products for September", but when you click on item you get "no product found".

Offline CollarSarge

• Assistant
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2015, 06:59:19 PM »
Big surprise! My (new) BCB-order arrived today. All minis included and in great condition. Total time from ordering until delivery (England-Germany): just a week.  Perfect performance in this case. I’m not resentful and hope BCB will run their shop this way now. Time (and this topic) will tell.

BTW: This sticky forum-topic IMHO was (and still is) a great help. Warning customers, sharing experiences and important: keeping the issues up to date. Again and again.

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2015, 08:05:56 PM »
Big surprise! My (new) BCB-order arrived today. All minis included and in great condition. Total time from ordering until delivery (England-Germany): just a week.  Perfect performance in this case. I’m not resentful and hope BCB will run their shop this way now. Time (and this topic) will tell.

BTW: This sticky forum-topic IMHO was (and still is) a great help. Warning customers, sharing experiences and important: keeping the issues up to date. Again and again.

this may lead to me sending out another order in the future....

they are still ignoring my mail about the wrong adress though !!!!

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
Will wonders never cease...

My order from 25 months ago arrived today.

I have not checked each fig yet against the order form, but upon initial glance it looks likes major groupings/themes of figures are there.

At very least the Ochmann gangers and african animals appear to be included.

Offline Scruffyzombie

• Schoolboy
That's great news! Seems they are getting things together at last. They need to sort out communications but people are getting their orders so thats the main thing. I'm even contemplating a new order from them, never thought I'd say that again!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Um, very interesting any idea if they go to any UK shows?

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box

My order placed on Thursday 15 August, 2013 was marked as dispatched on September 6th 2015 and I got my hands on it (in Ireland) about a week or so after that.

My order was small, so it was less grating than the experience that some of the folks here had, but I am pleased to have got it all the same.

What will happen now I wonder?  Will people start buying from them again?  The company sells many items that I am interested in buying, but giving them any sort of significant amount of cash would be daft.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
I too have been following this closely as there's a small order I'd like to place (some lizardmen).

The quality of their minis is nothing to write home about, let's be honest. But what they may lack in quality more than make up in originality. They have some ranges that simply are not carried by anyone else (modern day gansta tcho-tchos!).

It will take some time for any (sensible) person to place a big order from them, but hopefully they'll become once again the reliable store they once were.

Only time will tell, though.
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
I think if I place an order as they do have loads of stuff I want I'll just be paying via paypal and being really quick to dispute non-delivery.

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
they finally answered my email...
all in all im positive that i might give my order another shot :)

Offline Hoser

• Assistant
I made a small order in August of last year. About a month ago I received an email apologizing for the delay, and I received the figs a couple of weeks ago.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Perhaps I will put in an order....

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
after i talked to them via email ,the actual situation should be that there are only two outstanding orders by now
so if any of you guys did not get your stuff by now ( or whithin two weeks) try to contact them via email