Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:55:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: crimson skies  (Read 9738 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
crimson skies
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »
Hello all, I was wondering if any one has access to or knows were I can get my hands on an old set of fasa crimson skies rules?
I was thinking of geting some of the planes from  iron windmetals http://www.ironwindmetals.com/catalog/index.php

And comebining the rules and back ground into an air pirates vs the air militas/forces and Hero's. still kind of a work in progress, but you get the idea.also has any one played the WH pirates rules? I might use them and the pulp 45. rules for ground bassed combat.
Or baby even try the Whites vs red russian civilwar idea put forth in http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=5610.0 topic.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Re: crimson skies
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »
Since you brought it up, does anyone have the Crimson Sky minis?  They had several minis of pilots that would look great for Pulp gaming but I have never seen them in person and can't tell the scale.  Looked like a fun system but just never had the chance to play it or even see it in person.

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »
sorry posted the wrong link earler, http://ironwindmetals.com/ still makes the old fasa planes for crimson skys. Check out the on line store. I never played the wiz kids version of crimson skys, and I think they had a few pilots.

The Its been years sencse I played the old rules, but I still have a few found memorys of painting my first planes. I was going to use the rules for the air combat aspectes, attackes, raids and cargo zeplin supply runs.
If nothing else the fiction behind the world lends it self to all kinds of oppitons.

Thinking of makeing a few air militas/pirate bands dukeing it out in the air. Trying to decide on a good set of rules for the groud combat, and action. be it a bar fight or a dearing escape from a pirates hide out. But  the main thing is I just can not find any of the old crimson sky rules, not for down load or for purches. kind of frustrating you know

Offline flooglestreet

• Scientist
    • Old Spaceways
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 02:56:03 AM »
The pilots from wizkids Crimson Skies are too big for 28mm if I remember correctly. :(

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 11:40:22 AM »
Yeah  I just looked at a few and they are way to big

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 12:02:08 PM »
The figures are way too big (they probably would have sold more if they were in scale with 28mm figures).

As for the rules, the only place you'll find them is ebay or a store that happens to still have some old stock of them. They came in a box set with some cardboard planes.

We had a blast playing the original game. The pre-plotted plane movement was always cool as was the potential to collide with things (especially on the mountain game mat). We always played with just guns (never the rockets), so our games could go on for quite some time with a little Valiant outmaneuvering the bigger planes, but never being able to really score enough damage on them.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 01:48:50 PM »
Yeah I will just use other 28mm ranges for the crews and pilots.

Yeah I loved the game it was just as much out guessing your oppointe as it was what type of plane you had, and sencse I Ironwind still makes the planes I will have no problem with that.
looking for the old box set crimson sky rules is like look for a  needle in a hay stak.

I think I can make this idea work if I could get my hands on a set of thouse rules. maby I should check Ebaby agine

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »
looking for the old box set crimson sky rules is like look for a  needle in a hay stak.

I think I can make this idea work if I could get my hands on a set of thouse rules. maby I should check Ebaby agine
The old rules are tough to come by. Seems like those who have them do not want to part with them (I know I don't  :) )

The only part that would require some work on your part in order to house rule the whole set would really be the flight maneuvers. Once you had those, the rest is just combat, tailing, and damage.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »
I will burn that brige when I get there but first I think I might have found a full box set! wish me luck I on geting it 8)

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:27:39 AM »
Good luck to you then! Pleas let us know how things turn out.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »
That seems to be the clix version and not the original FASA version which used a hex map.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 04:03:45 PM »
HAve no fear chaps E-bay came there agine! now I have to get this westurne union thaing worked out :D

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 05:35:04 PM »
That seems to be the clix version and not the original FASA version which used a hex map.
You learn something new every day, didn't realise there was a FASA version. Thanks for covering my mistake. ;)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »
You learn something new every day, didn't realise there was a FASA version. Thanks for covering my mistake. ;)
I have a wealth of useless information. Nothing useful like what most people on here post like things on uniform colors, units in which theater, etc.  ;D

And this whole thread has me thinking about a quick mod to use 45A characters with the Crimson Skies rules. Hmmm...