Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Chaos warriors landed from the sky  (Read 5320 times)

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Chaos warriors landed from the sky
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 02:18:54 AM »
Very interesting project, reminds me of the early days when GW blurred the lines of the fantasy and scifi universes.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 08:59:35 AM »
Very interesting project, reminds me of the early days when GW blurred the lines of the fantasy and scifi universes.

Exactly; back in the day, you could actually equip your Chaos warriors with Bolters and Chainswords and the like (in books like The Lost and the Damned, and Slaves to Darkness). In the earlier (sadly reconned into oblivion) fluff, the WHFB world was located somewhere in a pocket in the Eye of Terror, the Old Ones were the same Old Ones as those in the 40K universe and the Slann connected both settings (just like the Chaos gods and (almost) all the races in the games).

I'm pretty sure that 40K evolved from WHFB when they expanded the setting from a bog standard fantasy world into a bog standard fantasy world with a whole galaxy around it. 40K/RT filled in the gaps (or void, if you will :D ) around that bog standard fantasy world, by directly exporting and expanding all themes and races into space.

Later, GW severed all links between the two settings, but even as late as the Albion Summer Campaign in the late nineties (or was it early 2000s?), there were 40K links in WHFB. For instance, in that campaign, players could win awards such as Boltpistols and Powerfists!

I actually like those links between the systems, so I have a Chaos Sorceror kicking around somewhere, with a holstered Boltgun hanging form the pommel of his horse... ;)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 03:07:01 PM »

Later, GW severed all links between the two settings, but even as late as the Albion Summer Campaign in the late nineties (or was it early 2000s?), there were 40K links in WHFB. For instance, in that campaign, players could win awards such as Boltpistols and Powerfists!

Yes, I remember those rewards.  The Amazon warband for Mordheim was allowed some pretty high-tech weaponry as well.  Laser pistols and staffs.

Offline Korwin Miniatures

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 06:40:36 PM »
Army on the move. Some demonic trees and xenos blocking the way.

Offline Korwin Miniatures

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
Captain Jarick fought bravely against huge demonic tree but fell.