Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696200
  • Total Topics: 118746
  • Online Today: 453
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Girls Und Panzers any one got rules?  (Read 39123 times)

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
Re: Girls Und Panzers any one got rules?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 07:52:06 PM »
I just backed the 300 club proposal. I love that show :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 08:27:44 PM »
I just backed the 300 club proposal. I love that show :)
Sweet the Dr Mathias every help is great...

In the series when they compete in the nationals there's a cap on the amount of tanks that can be used in a match, 10 for pre-semifinal matches, 15 for semi-final and 20 for the final match, something you might want to take into consideration.

Yup the escalation rule will be great and was one if the things I think will be fun to have. What about the first three rounds we have 5 tanks then 10 tanks after that till the semi-finals which then goes to 15 and then up to 20 for the finals.

How many pre-final rounds do we need? Considering this is a knock out tournament. Do we have the first two rounds as non-knock out so some players will get a few games.

Will work on some of the stats and point costs tonight after work using Arlequín's formula and we can go from there.

LGW

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 11:47:06 PM »
Arlequín's formula
Wow! Fame at last!  ;D

I offered it as a basis of an idea, which could be worked on further, but if it does the trick, fine.  :)

I've now watched bits of the show on You Tube and I'm quite surprised how much tactical consideration they've put into it, albeit that it's somewhat fantastic in places.

There'll need to be some form of damage mechanism and some roll modifier for targeting a specific area (tracks, hull, turret) and indeed for the girls blowing an ambush by shooting too soon (a card to play on your opponent perhaps).

It does seem to be good silly fun though.  :D

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 01:58:56 AM »
Wow! Fame at last!  ;D

I offered it as a basis of an idea, which could be worked on further, but if it does the trick, fine.  :)

I've now watched bits of the show on You Tube and I'm quite surprised how much tactical consideration they've put into it, albeit that it's somewhat fantastic in places.

There'll need to be some form of damage mechanism and some roll modifier for targeting a specific area (tracks, hull, turret) and indeed for the girls blowing an ambush by shooting too soon (a card to play on your opponent perhaps).

It does seem to be good silly fun though.  :D

Play testing will prove if the formula works but let's see where it goes from here.

As for hit locations we'll need to work this out for each tank and see how it goes.

@Arlequín  with your formula do we work out the armour for the front ,rear,sides and turret and add them all together or just an average of the totals to get the total armour value?

Also with regards to Armour Penetration how do we deal with tanks that have two guns like the M3 Lee?

LGW
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 02:23:57 AM by Lord GreyWolf »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 02:26:10 AM »
@Arlequín  with your formula do we work out the armour fro the briny,rear,sides and turret and add them all together or just an average of the totals?

I just went for the thickest armour and worked with that, assuming that sides and rear were proportionately thinner on every vehicle. Not exact, but close enough surely? Assume that the turret front, whichever direction it is facing, is full armour though.

Also with regards to Armour Penetration how do we deal with tanks that have two guns like the M3 Lee?

They get two shots. For the 'points' add the penetration value for the second weapon onto the total. I recommend a deduction for non-turret mounted weapons btw (-25% rounded up perhaps?), so the Grant's 75mm will be 3 points instead of four.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 02:53:36 AM »
Yup and I am not the only one seems he got another order not long after I placed mine.

@Arlequín I'll sit down with your formula and see how I go with it I am heading off to work [its 3:55am] and my head can't grasp numbers this early..

@Conquistador: we can look at that but as far as Girls In Panzer goes its from 1940 to 1947 while World of Tanks is from 1940 to 1960 tanks...

though we could create a list of tanks and then let the gamer decide on what they play.

LGW

Hey, great news! Good luck with the project; I'll be following along, with interest! Tankery!
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 06:21:45 AM »
@Arlequín thx for clearing that up I get it now...

@grant Tankery!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I need feed back on the following:

Damage:
No Damage [Nothing happened]
We've been hit!! BAIL!! [The tank crew run screaming from their tanks. bail the crew out. the tank is immobile and can not be used for 1 turn. As the crew try to stop crying and get back into the tank. Enemy tanks will get a +1 on to hit rolls when firing at a bailed out tank. Bailed crew run and hide behind the closes terrain or their tank if no terrain is closer then the tank.]
Mobility Damage [Can be fixed eg damaged tracks will take X turns to fix, can not be targeted or target anyone else as they are to busy repairing the tank]  Light and Medium tanks will take 1 turn to fix with the exception of the Panther which will take 2 turns as will Heavy Tanks. NB: can Super heavy tanks have their tracks fixed or will they be knocked out eg complete Kill? or are they so well armoured around the tracks that they can shrug this off???
Structural Damage [tank has taken damage that has effected the armour, weapon, engine, turret of the tank these areas are reduced in effectiveness but it can be operational. If the Tank takes X amount of Structural damage it is treated as if it has suffered from a Complete kill damage roll.]
Complete kills [out of the match, the tank is destroyed.]

During competitive matches, the tanks fire modified live rounds that cannot penetrate any tank as each vehicle is fitted with an advanced carbon-coated armor interior, thus preventing any physical harm to the crew; complete kills are detected by sensors which calculate the estimated damage from the shell trajectory and force, and raises a white flag to signal defeat. A computer system determines whether a shot can be considered penetrating, in simulation of real-life tank combat, and crewmembers are permitted to repair their vehicle's tracks and continue participation following a mobility kill

AP roll is below the Armour value = No damage
AP roll is 1-2 below armour value = Bailed out [Green crew -2 below armour - bail out. Experienced crew -1 below armour - bail out. Elite troops don't suffer bail out.]
AP roll is equal to the Armour value = Mobility Damage [Red flag]
AP roll is is greater then the armour value = Structural Damage [Roll for location, Yellow Flag]
AP roll is double the armour value = instantly destroyed [out of the game, white Flag]

NOTE: Not sure where the Bailed out roll will fit into this as I don't see a crew in a Heavy tank bailing out if they suffer a hit that rolls below their armour. The crew of the M3 Lee bolted from their tank which then suffered a Complete kill hit. These were First year students and the youngest in the group. So maybe if we have Green [inexperienced troops they will bail out if they are hit but fail to do any damage.

============================================
Tournament Rounds:
Round 1: Maximum 5 tanks
Safe [Practice]

Round 2:Maximum 5 tanks
Safe [Practice]

Round 3 to Semi-Finals: Maximum 10 tanks
Flag tank destroyed out of the Tournament

Semi-final Round: Maximum 15 tanks

Final Round: Maximum 20 tanks

Event Cards:
Glancing Blow:
Play this card if your tank would take either a Mobility Damage, Structural Damage or Complete Kill instead of this damage roll reduce it by one level. for example if your tank was suffering a Complete Kill roll then it is now a reduced to a Structural Damage instead.

Jigging:
Tank weaves and jigs over the battle field choose one tank that has fired at this tank. If they had rolled a Hit against that tank they must re-roll that dice as you jig away from them. They must keep the dice that was rolled even if it was another hit.

"Reload, Reload!!!!"
The loader of the tank is driven on my her commander and reloads exceptionally fast. for this turn you may make an additional shot at the same target you had recently shot at or at a new target.

"arrghh we are stuck!!!
Play this on an enemy tank, this tank is now stopped and can not move until they dig themselves out. Treat this as if they have suffered a Mobility damage roll. if you can get an allied tank into base to base contact you may pull them out of the mud. The towing tank can not do anything else that turn as they are busy trying to tow the bogged in tank.

Upgrade Cards:
Side Schurzen skirts:
If the tank equipped with this item takes any damage from a side attack you may discard this card to prevent this damage.

Comms Operator Level 2!
Once per game you may use this card to have one of your tanks move an additional movement as you redeploy them or have a tank in your team to shoot again. Can not be used by the tank with this upgrade.

Supercharged engine.
you MAY Increases the tank's Engine speed by 1 speed band.

Experimental Engine upgrade
you MAY Increases the tanks speed band by 3 [each time you exceed the normal speed roll a d6 if a 1 is rolled the engine is damaged and the tank suffers from a Mobility Damage. The team will take 2 turns to fix this once done they may only move using their normal speed band with a -1 modifier.]

Additional armour
Sheets of metal, sand bags, spare wheels what ever they can find to give the tank increased armour. This upgrade increase the Tanks armour value by +1. Once the tank has taken any Structural damage discard this card.

ok that's what I got so far any feed back or comments welcome... looking forward to getting this onto the table.

LGW

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »
For the record guys, a good place to watch the whole series without issue (except annoying ads placed a couple times per episode)

www.crunchyroll.com

They have the entire first season.  I watch a number of different anime shows using the site.  I think if I do a notGirl und Panzer game I'll go with my big hex'ed mat...perhaps go with strategy cards ala Memoir 44.

PS: Note that the professional lady who visits the team is driving an M1 Abrams...so the "pros" definitely use modern armour. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:38:46 AM by Elbows »
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 09:51:01 AM »
Looks mostly fine to me, it's what you want to make of it and indeed what your 'group' can cope with/find to engage with, that's essential.  :)

I would perhaps make damage a 'saving roll', as that gives the player a feeling of some control over their destiny, rather than being just a victim of their opponent's luck. Plus, while heavier tanks are largely impervious to the smaller guns, they can still be vulnerable through their running gear, or other facets, like comms, vision blocks, sights, or even their turret traverse mechanisms.

I would perhaps make mobility repairs a random factor, ranging from quick fix to 'wrecked', regardless of size, but modified by the size of weapon hitting the vehicle.

'Bail Out' might just apply to panicking inexperienced crews. Everyone else knows that the safest place to be is in the tank. You might make it a card to put into play, rather than a game effect as such. So a player who scores a hit can play the card on top of that to make the crew panic and run from the vehicle.  

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
Nice to see this taking shape.
I have a small pile of 6mm scale FoW tanks, and I'm thinking of making a couple of teams using these - T-28s in one team, Italian armoured vehicles in another and Stugs in a third is an option, but I'll probably go across nationalities and have blended teams.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »
Crap, crap, crap, I am getting interested in this.

Never saw the show but the concept is sounding like a load of fun!

All my tanks are 3 or 6 mm...  hmm.

Might change it to a 1960's American High School "Tank League" setting (allowing for conflict/rivalry centered on allowing "girls" or Coed teams to compete as additional flavor.)

Of course, being an USAF guy the thought of modifying this for aerial battles is also stirring in my fevered brain...

You people are Evil!

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2013, 11:40:13 PM »
For the record guys, a good place to watch the whole series without issue (except annoying ads placed a couple times per episode)

www.crunchyroll.com

They have the entire first season.  I watch a number of different anime shows using the site.  I think if I do a notGirl und Panzer game I'll go with my big hex'ed mat...perhaps go with strategy cards ala Memoir 44.

PS: Note that the professional lady who visits the team is driving an M1 Abrams...so the "pros" definitely use modern armour. 

It's not an Abrams! It's a Type 90 MBT.

Also, crunchyroll has a cheap subscription offer. No commercials.

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 05:01:12 AM »
I am thinking with regards to the damage....

If we have a simple hit roll and the tanks have an armour roll could we then use a card system to work out the damage?

much like how X-wing, Wings of Glory and Outrider all use.

the damage cards could have the "bail out", Structural damage, Mobility damage, grazing shot, complete killed.  so those are negative damage cards but you then could also have the likes of Jig-zag, complete stop, swerve, etc..

Its quite a simple process and the kids like it and get how it works.
We could give each tank structural points:

Light Tanks 2
Medium Tanks 3
Heavy Tanks 4 [Panther tank]
Super Heavy tanks 6 
So once the tank draws that many Structural damage cards, then it has taken enough damage to be completely destroyed.

As for the Random repair I think it would be a great idea. We can also have skills for the tank crew like Engineer,or Mechanic, that could add +1 or +2 to the repair dice roll.

Also as the tank crew gain skills would you prefer to be able to choose your skills or have them random?

@Conquistador: I think this game could be used for 6mm to 28mm and anything in between. If we can keep it simple then it won't matter what size you use.

LGW

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 06:44:34 AM »
This is cool.  If you guys are considering 6mm/FOW scale tanks you might try the Axis & Allies CMG pre-painted tanks.  They seem perfect (and cheap) for a project of this nature.  They are really cheap as individuals on ebay.  They take paint pretty well and have decent detail. 
This is my boomstick!

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 07:58:55 AM »
This is cool.  If you guys are considering 6mm/FOW scale tanks you might try the Axis & Allies CMG pre-painted tanks.  They seem perfect (and cheap) for a project of this nature.  They are really cheap as individuals on ebay.  They take paint pretty well and have decent detail. 

I did some research and the Axis and Allied tanks are a hit and miss when being compared to FoW. As some of the older A&A were a lot smaller then Fow. A&A are pretty affordable but with out seeing one first to compare sizes you might be a bit disappointed. PSC make good plastic tanks not a huge range but its getting there. of course there is the FoW range, Peter pig has the most commons tanks but is missing iconic tanks like the Tiger II, IS-2, Perishing but he is one of the few companies that has made a 15mm scale Maus. The other company is Forged in Battle but what puts me off FIB is the included base. I have debased all of my tanks as I really do prefer them natural not glued to some plastic base which can make things harder for you to move or place the tank. So At the moment I am looking at PSC and FoW to flesh out my tanks for GuP.

For 6mm your best bet is GHQ.. amazing detail and range next would be CnC more affordable with less detail then GHQ but still plenty on there for you to paint.

LGW