Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696182
  • Total Topics: 118746
  • Online Today: 453
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Girls Und Panzers any one got rules?  (Read 39119 times)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
Girls Und Panzers any one got rules?
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:23:24 AM »
I was skimming through Eureka's website looking for somw 15mm U.S troops for another project when I stumbled across "Japanese School Girl Tank Crew" in 15mm.

Its part of the 300club. I went back and watched some of the episodes and my kids watched one with me afterwards they went looking for my 15mm tanks and demanded I paint them up some tanks so we can got to battle like the girls in GuP.

After some quick emails I have found out that the project for the GuP tank crew has only 1/3 of the numbers they require to make it. if the Numbers aren't increased with in the next 3 months the listing will be removed and in 6 months it will be removed from the website. So if you want school girl tank crew then use the link below.

$0.80AUD each the link is:
http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=87_194_202&products_id=12398

you pre-order the amount you want the payment is not processed until after it gets funded.

Also has anyone actually sorted out rules to use for the GuP? so that it's sort of balanced.

Some have mentioned FoW with Panzer Ace skills, others mentioned the rule set Panzer....

What do you think would work?

LGW

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
Re: Girls Und Panzers any one got rules?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:41:42 AM »
Thats a bit strange as Nic does not do 'not' figures. I guess he could do generic school girls but I would bet my house they will not be copies of the characters.

I think it was Generic Japanese School Girl Tank Crew if any look like those from the show it maybe by accident.

I think it would be fun and maybe the wife might have a game or two...plus I can paint up some WWII tanks in freaky colour schemes and camo patterns.

went through my bitz box found the following:

1x Panther D
1x Panther G
1x Tiger IE
2x T-34/85's
3x StuG III G's
1x Panzer IV G's

Might also have the following soon as these were up for sale but might keep them.

3x Panzer IV G's
2x Firefly
4x Sherman M4A4
2x Churchill
3x T-34/76

So I think I can easily do a British School, A Russian School and certainly Ze Germans...
So I think I will have plenty of tanks to choose from...

LGW

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 07:53:48 AM »
At 15mm you're unlikely to be able to tell they're not just generic Japanese school girls.

And best set of rules? Either FoW for company level games, or any of squad level sets if you've only got a handful a side.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:38 AM »
Thinking I'd like to be able to do both as the kids love to play with heaps of tanks.

Also a campaign set up so each tank/crew gets experience and get better as they battle. So they gain skills and tank gets upgraded. And the crew can upgrade to better tanks as they process through the tournament.

might be a hard task to meet but I am hoping to find something to use.
I don't have time for full on battles and having a quick tank game to play with the kids would be fantastic.

Also the ability to create different teams not just the ones on the T.V show.
So for example I could have in my team a Tiger, T-34/76, T-34/85, Panther, Panzer IV, and a StuG III G,

LGW

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »
after rummaging through my various stock piles of plastic I was able to make the following:

German Tank School:
1x Tiger I
1x Panther G
1x Panther D
3x StuG III G
4x Panzer IV G

U.S Tank School:
1x Firefly
4x Sherman M4

Russian Tank School:
2x T-34/85
6x T-34/76

I do have three Churchill tanks but not sure what else to add to the mix to make up a British School. Matilda's? I may steal one from that group [Currently planned for my 15mm SoTR project]

I am wanting to get the following:
Elefant
Tiger II
Jagdpanther
Jagdpanzer
Maus
Perishing
IS-2

I guess what we need to do is make up rules for WoT you can field what ever tanks you like in your battle group...make clan rules [or school rules] and then create a list of skills and upgrades you can get for each tank. You win $$$ per battle and can use that to buy new tanks or upgrade your current tanks. Each tank killed your crew also gain experience points maybe the total of the enemy tank destroyed multiplied by a certain modifiers. [Eg +X for destroying a heavier tank, +X for one shot kill etc..]

I can't play WoT as my laptop struggles with it so for me this would be the next best thing. And if my info is right WoT does in fact have a Girls Und Panzer Mod now?

so can anyone help me with this?

LGW

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 01:36:21 AM »
Thats a bit strange as Nic does not do 'not' figures. I guess he could do generic school girls but I would bet my house they will not be copies of the characters.

He has not had conversations with Brent, who's not of Company B, and not about being girls who are not from a tv show.

Brent definitely did not make limited edition decals...   http://035f399.netsolhost.com/companyB_anime.html    - including some in 6mm ...

i was not interested at one time, but lost all the interest that had not built up. Or something.  o_o
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:38:59 AM by grant »
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 02:57:30 AM »
I see he Not made 28mm and not made 20mm I wish he had not made 15mm as those not made 20mm decals will be to big for my 15mm range of tanks.

I am going to pre-order some of the girls hoping some other 15mm enthusiasts will add some in as well. fingers crossed we'll get them...

The more I look at this project the more I think its going to be World of Tank Table top game with a GuP mod added in then just a Girls Und Panzer Game.

Basically you have $XXXXX amount of funds to fit out your School/Clan then you get to choose from the list of Vehicles...

A list of tanks:

German:
Maus
E-100
E-50
Tiger II
Tiger I
Tiger Type P
Panther A, G, D
Panzer IV F1/F2,G,H
Panzer III J,M,N,L,
Panzer 38(t)
StuG III F,G
Hertzer
Elefant

British:
Sherman M4
Firefly
Churchill
Martilda
M3 Grant

U.S
Sherman
Firefly [as per the GuP T.V show]
M10???
Perishing
M3 Lee

Soviets:
T-34/76
T-34/85
IS-2
JS-III
T-44

as you can see I am a German player. So I guess how do we work out the points amount for each vehicle? Tank and Crew Stats...

I really would like to play this where the driver gets better and can handle the tank better as each battle gains them experience. Same goes with the Gunner, Officer, and Comms they all get better skills that will make it easier to shoot, drive, communicate and react to the battle.  [for example an experienced crew in a Panzer Iv should be able to deal with a Green crew in a Panther...of course it would be a track kill but a kill none the less.]

so basically you can field ANY tank from 1940 to 1950 [so those experimental tanks that never saw combat can be used as well but the tech won't get to advanced that an early war tank couldn't be a viable option... a blown up option but one you could have.].

You can field a mixed platoon of tanks but if you field a single nations tanks I think you should get some kind of bonus for doing so.

like a national trait/skill/ability that can give modifiers like re-rolls, +1 to roll, add an extra dice.
like the British:
If you field British Tanks only then will you get:
"have a Cupa": Nothing like an invigorating cup of tea to refresh and revitalize ones self. Each British tank may re-roll one of their dice during the game Wether its for shooting, ramming, driver test, or making armour saves etc.

Upgrades could be anything like Reinforced armour, infra-red targeting, wider tracks, slopping armour, up-gunned gun, Comms network, themed paint scheme, kill markings, etc etc..

all I can say is lets have some fun with this... I'm keen for some WoT/GuP carnage on the table top.

LGW 

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 03:54:31 AM »
I see he Not made 28mm and not made 20mm I wish he had not made 15mm as those not made 20mm decals will be to big for my 15mm range of tanks.

He also does not scale decals at request, like I did not say about the 6mm decals I did not have.  o_o

It would not be good to not contact Brent and not say you would want 15mm scaled decals. He would not be interested in not doing that for you, I would not guess.

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 04:42:19 AM »
I have not emailed him about not making some Not GuP not 15mm decals....

I will not post here if I get an answer...

LGW

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 04:47:10 AM »
 lol

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 05:19:03 AM »
I was going to move this thread, but I can now see that it's clearly not-WW2 related.  ;)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 05:26:31 AM »
I was going to move this thread, but I can now see that it's clearly not-WW2 related.  ;)

lol ;D

LGW

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »

lol

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »
After having a chat with my brother in law about WoT [as he plays it A lot] I am thinking we could potentially use the FoW Tank Aces set up the only issue I have is the Lack of stats for the Experimental tanks [Maus,T-44] As most of the stats I have found have it so much higher then most of the Allied and German tanks that it would be dam near impossible to kill it. [Unless you tried the GuP tactics  lol]

I think we could use a leaf out of the BloodBowl book regarding Exp and Skills they have a bucket load of abilities that you gain as you get experience points from:
getting touch downs [Getting the Flag tank]
causing a Death [destroying enemy tanks]
injuring opposing players [Damaging enemy tanks]
K.Oing them [Bailing them out]

in fact you could have the linemen, [Light to Medium tanks], Blitzers [Medium to Heavy tanks]  then have your Big Guys [Heavy tanks to Super heavy tanks] Star Players [named characters or the Commander of your team using Light to Heavy tanks]

You can also Buy event cards much like BB and use these during the game...
Mechanic [repairs one tank]
Bogged down [Nominate a tank that tank is now bogged down]

There are a lot of things that could be done.. And the Tournament/campaign rules are good to use as the team gains experience they can upgrade their tanks with better armour,weapons,engines, and crew skills.
Just need to sort out what rule and stat system to use the rest should fit in from there.

LGW

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 08:02:58 PM »
As an interested observer, I gather it's something where nobody actually gets hurt... like the A-Team.  ;)

You could really have a lot of fun creating rules for this... The 'Shooting Baka' section springs immediately to mind.  :D