Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690837
  • Total Topics: 118355
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New League: Victorian Hunters. (New Character Dec 9 2013) (WIP)  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
New League: Victorian Hunters. (New Character Dec 9 2013) (WIP)
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:51:12 PM »
Hi all,

So I picked up some of the copplestone casting Hunter Aliens, as I wanted to make predator league for Pulp alley and then I though I bet I can make a Predator league for IHMN. The idea is that these Predators are coming to earth to hunt the most powerful warriors, hence they would be hunting the powerful leagues and military units. I am going to keep it simple and use existing rules to represent the Predators abilities. For examples Arc castors for plasma castors and hunting rifles for spear guns.

So here is my first Predator an Ancient:  If you know the copplestone hunter aliens I am usng the unarmored one holding the skull in the air.

Ancient Predator  (Modified FV up one.)
Pluck: +2 (16pts) FV:+ 5 (+16) SV: 4 (+19pts) Speed: +2 (+2 pts)
Talents: Stealthy +5 pts, Fearless +10pts, Berserker +5pts, Glave Master (See Dualist P.31 Two handed sword) +5 pts, Leadership 1 +3 pts.

Can Buy: Terrifying for +5, A stealth generator for +8 (Clouds mens minds P. 32), and/or a biomask +9pts(Monocular Targeting Array, breath preserver).

Gear: Wrist Blade (fighting knife 3 Pts), Glave (Two Handed Sword 6 Pts ), Tough Skin (Brigidanne armor 2 Pts) Digital Disc (pistol 3pts)

Total Points: 85

Blooded hunters are you "averaged skilled" predators, in my particular version of the predators I have broken them into three categories:
Stalkers, blademaster and True Hunter.

Stalkers are master of range hunting often stocking their prey for days before taking that one killing shot. They are expert trackers and marksmen at the expense of the standard armour and they do not carry the traditional close combat weapons beyond the wrist blade.  

Blooded Hunter: Stalker

Pluck: 3+ (9pts) FV: +2 (2pts) SV: +4  (16pts) Speed: +2 (+2pts)

Talents: Stealthy +5, Marksmen +5

Gear: Wrist blade (Fighting Knife +3 pts), Arc rifle (Plasma Rifle) 9pts, Light predator armour (Lined Coat) 1pts.

Can Buy: Tough +5, Hunter and  Speargun (hunting Rifle) 12pts, A stealth generator +8 (Clouds mens minds P. 32), and/or a biomask +9pts(Monocular Targeting Array, breath preserver), can also buy a Digital Disc (pistol 3pts) or a shoulder plasma caster (Arc Pistol) +7 pts. (These items are depended on what the models have displayed on them. So if the model has a shoulder mounted plasma caster for example then you have to take one for example.)

Point Cost: 51 points

My new Predator is the weakest predator you will see in the list, it is a predator on it's first hunt or one who has not killed any dangerous prey. I was considering making them weaker but I have recently watched the new predator movies and I am reading the predator comics and those predators that go out on hunts even their first ones are tough, killing dozens of people in a go.

Young unblooded Hunter (I am using some smaller Predators I found on evil bay for these not sure who makes them.)

Pluck +4(9pts) FV:2 (2pts) SV: 2 (2pts) speed: +2 (2pts)

Talents: Stealthy +5 pts, Tough +5.

Gear: Arc Pistol 7pts, Glave (as two handed sword) 6pts, Wrist blade (fighting knife) 3pts , Predator Armor (Breastplate Steel) 9pts, biomask +9pts(Monocular Targeting Array, breath preserver).

Can Buy: Terrifying for +5, A stealth generator for +8 (Clouds mens minds P. 32).

Total Points: 54 points

I am also adding hunting beasts to the list. For these I will be using the cheap and wonderful hell hounds from the reaper bones series.

Hunting Beasts will uses the Wolf or Demonic Wolf stat line from HVF P.9, you can never have more then three beasts for every Predator.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:54:24 PM by Irishrover13 »
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: New League: Victorian Hunters.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
Now you just have to create Arnie and his Commandos  lol
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:00:17 PM »
That is pretty much Lord Curr, he even has a big guy with man portable Mini gun.

Offline Justizius

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:30:31 PM »
I like the idea! There is a Predator comic that is set in Victorian London:
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/97-295/Predator-Nemesis-1-of-2

My brother still has them somewhere and I think I have to look in them for inspiration some time.  ;)

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
Re: New League: Victorian Hunters. (New Character Dec 6 2013)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »
Added two new units , the hunting Beast and the Unblooded Hunter.

Offline Eisenfaust

• Scientist
  • Gamer geek, itinerant cyborg and Viking shaman
    • My blog: Dispatches from the Rim
dispatchesfromtherim.blogspot.com
www.brassandblood.com

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
I was expecting this to be about a bunch of gentlemen with big guns shooting mostly-harmless animals... this turned out to be a far more interesting idea! Bravo!

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »
I have honestly never understood the hunting animals for sport thing. I did a little hunting to fill my freezer when I was up North teaching, mostly because the food delivery trucks come once a month (as long as the roads were clear which they often were not).  It was mostly frozen and canned goods, so that fresh meat and greens you get well hunting/foraging are welcomed.

I think this is why the Predators make such great villains for me because I do not completely understand them and their motives.

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
Re: New League: Victorian Hunters. (New Character Dec 9 2013)
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »
Here is the next Predator. Two more and I am done.  lol I forgot to paste.

Blooded hunters are you "averaged skilled" predators, in my particular version of the predators I have broken them into three categories:
Stalkers, blademaster and True Hunter.

Stalkers are master of range hunting often stocking their prey for days before taking that one killing shot. They are expert trackers and marksmen at the expense of the standard armour and they do not carry the traditional close combat weapons beyond the wrist blade. 

Blooded Hunter: Stalker

Pluck: 3+ (9pts) FV: +2 (2pts) SV: +4  (16pts) Speed: +2 (+2pts)

Talents: Stealthy +5, Marksmen +5

Gear: Wrist blade (Fighting Knife +3 pts), Arc rifle (Plasma Rifle) 9pts, Light predator armour (Lined Coat) 1pts.

Can Buy: Tough +5, Hunter and  Speargun (hunting Rifle) 12pts, A stealth generator +8 (Clouds mens minds P. 32), and/or a biomask +9pts(Monocular Targeting Array, breath preserver), can also buy a Digital Disc (pistol 3pts) or a shoulder plasma caster (Arc Pistol) +7 pts. (These items are depended on what the models have displayed on them. So if the model has a shoulder mounted plasma caster for example then you have to take one for example.)

Point Cost: 51 points
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:12:01 PM by Irishrover13 »

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »
Here is the next Predator. Two more and I am done.

Wow! Their stealth technology is amazing. I've been looking at your post for over 20 minutes and I still can't see it  lol

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 08:04:32 PM »
Oh dear, I need to go to sleep it would seem.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:12:30 PM by Irishrover13 »