Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mighty Armies.. Feedback needed!  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Rebel Minis

• Scientist
Mighty Armies.. Feedback needed!
« on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »
We have been moving forward with several ideas in the Mighty Armies world. We take feedback seriously, from rules to armies and more… so we are looking for some more feedback.

1) Right now MA is really a build your own army ruleset but we have had alot of stores asking us to offer pre-made armies (where we give the stats on a card or something) as our box sets. Sort of play out of the box type armies.

One of the main reasons that we hear alot of these requests are for in-store tournements and demos. I think the requests are reasonable but I wanted to get your feedback.

2) We have had alot of players and stores asking for some sort of quickstart rules in the army boxes. Just the basics, move, shoot, ect.. Thoughts?

We welcome any feedback. Right now we are planning our 2014 MA schedule and tournements, so we would like to get feedback ahead of time.

Thanks!

RebelMike & The RebelCrew
www.Rebelminis.com

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Re: Mighty Armies.. Feedback needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »
I'm not familair with your ruleset, but I do have some of your minis :).  Nice stuff!

In the abstract i'd say
1) Good idea to maybe offer some 'army recommendations' in the form of box sets, enough to get people started and then same added suggestions on ways they can flesh it out further.

2)  YES!  A set of quick play/tourney rules is a nice way to play the game with children, tourneys and just to give people a taste of the larger ruleset.  Since you sell your rules this may be on some level a lost-lead for you, but it may pay in dividends. 

Hope this helps!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
I would avoid printing QS rules and just post a free PDF of the rules on your site. If people want a printed copy you can sell them that but I think that selling more minis and expanding the game is more important. That also means that you don't have the added cost of printing a sheet of QS rules.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »
That was the original Mongoose plan with the game, wasn't it?  It was a good idea - stat card, rules, dice and a plastic ruler all in the box.  I can see the appeal for game stores, and pre-made armies re always a good starting point.  A number of minis companies offer pre-build armies for a range of systems these days, and I increasingly see rules companies like Too Fat Lardies offering starter forces by other companies on their sites.  So yes, it's a good idea.  

Does it come down to cost in the end?  As an alternative, how about a number of pre-bundled armie with stats and QS rules as a starter pack for games stores, with extra tournament rules, posters and the like?

As a buyer of the game, I'd love to see the stats up for free on your site, but I'd pay about the same again for a book of fantasy army stats and lists.  I can take it from there for my own.  It's something that I'd like to see more with fantasy minis than the historicals - even to give us an idea of what stats and special abilities will make a dwarf army play differently from elves or undead.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:43:42 PM by Momotaro »

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 11:04:33 PM »
As a buyer of the game, I'd love to see the stats up for free on your site.

There are a lot of free stats available on the mightyarmies.com website. I am not sure if they are duplicated from the books or are new armies