Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:25:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689659
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Mutant Chronicles RPG Funded With New Minis  (Read 7043 times)

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
(KICKSTARTER) Mutant Chronicles RPG Funded With New Minis
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »
Modiphius (who brought you Achtung! Cthulhu) have just funded the return of the Dark Legion with the 3rd Edition Kickstarter for Mutant Chronicles the roleplaying game. We're working with Prodos to develop a whole range of roleplaying focus characters, villains and creatures which will also come with stat cards for the Warzone skirmish game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/mutant-chronicles-3rd-ed-rpg

The Mutant Chronicles Kickstarter is a re-boot of the amazing techno-fantasy roleplaying game from the same team who produced the successful Achtung! Cthulhu Kickstarter.

Mutant Chronicles was one of the bigger names in gaming in the 1990's with the Doom Trooper collectible card game translated in to 16 languages, three boardgames, two video games, the massive Warzone miniatures game and the Mutant Chronicles 1st and 2nd Edition roleplaying games with more recently a Hollywood movie, Fantasy Flight Games pre-painted miniature game and last year the reboot of Warzone by Prodos Games. Watch our video for examples of the stunning art from the world.

The Mutant Chronicles story took you on this full throttle dieselpunk sci-fi ride through a solar system beset by corporate intrigue and the invasion of a terrible dark alien force. With technology failing due to the insidious effects of the Dark Symmetry humankind must fight back against the Dark Legion hordes whilst dealing with in-fighting and conspiracy from within.

The Solar System is a roaring mayhem of death and war. The surfaces of the inner planets have been swept clean by the violent onslaught of the dark legions storming hordes of Nepharites, Razides, Pretorian Stalkers and Undead Legionaries. In the enormous cities of the far and distant future, heretics devoted to the destruction of humankind stalk the dark backstreets and gloomy alleys spreading their teachings of greed, jealously and war [From the 2nd Edition Back Cover]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:29:51 PM by Westfalia Chris »
www.modiphius.com
Achtung! Cthulhu - Terrifying WW2 Roleplaying Setting
ONE WAR - New miniatures system for Achtung! Cthulhu

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Mutant Chronicles RPG Funded With New Minis
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »
We unlocked the Imperial Guide Book, and announced the core book is getting another 100 pages of gorgeous colour hardcover when we fit the next Stretch - check out the new Heretic minis below which are part of one of the sets of 3-5 new figures being produced by Prodos Games (Warzone) for the game.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:40:39 AM »
Congrats on getting a feeding frenzy going... Or maybe you are just keeping it up from WzR but regardless 8)

Neither the RPG stuff nor the heretics minis aren't my cuppa unfortunately, but I'll keep watching in case something of interest crops up among the upcoming miniatures.

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 07:56:12 PM »
Thanks there's quite a few minis to come so who knows, will keep posting them here :-)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 07:22:53 PM »
Well I also backed Achtung Cthulhu! and have to say that the after KS Support of modiphius  is one of the best encountered!
You get pdfs up front, most items are on time and the product itself is simply splendid!

So I jumped again into this KS!  8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:12:22 AM »
Thanks so much for the kind words Agis!

We just unlocked the GM Screen and an image of a new Creature: The Castigator and the Ronin RPG character mini - NEXT: Capitol Guide! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/mutant-chronicles-3rd-ed-rpg/posts/739594

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 11:25:09 PM »
We're blown through the £50k level and about to unlock the Imperial Guide but tonight showed off the first of the space ship concepts and the big range of Mutant Chronicles t-shirts. Plan is to show off the new creature sculpt - the Twisted Marionette on monday!

Cargo ship over Luna

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
You can never have enough dice right? So tonight's Kickstarter update will give you some cool new Mutant Chronicles dice to collect

Tomorrow we're unveiling the Marionette - the twisted corrupted cabling controlled by the Dark Symmetry - one of the first of a new set of miniatures!

On tonight's update we also chat with Mischa Thomas, the Swedish writer of the Dark Legion material about what we can expect to see of the Dark Apostles in the core book and the forthcoming Dark Soul book!

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »
I think you guys will be more interested in the new sculpts posted today!

First the full 5 figure Heretics set (complete with Warzone star cards)

And the first reveal of the Cable Marionette - when the Dark Symmetry corrupts ships or building systems it's able to form these bizarre mockeries of the human form!

You can see more sculpts and other info in today's Kickstarter update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/mutant-chronicles-3rd-ed-rpg/posts/745646

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »
We just unlocked the full 248 page Dark Soul Guide and our latest Mutant Chronicles Kickstarter update showed off the first of the cool new character concept art of Detective Vance Ryder of Luna Police Department by Jeff Porter with some intro fiction. I think he's going to make a great miniature what do you think? We also announced our awesome Kickstarter exclusive of the Luna PD badge (made by Campaign Coins in Australia) plus a Luna PD Exclusive custom d20 for £20. Whilst Luna PD is technically under the auspices of Capitol is it in fact staffed by people from all corporations and is a focus of investigations during the Dark Symmetry Period…

Check out the new Bauhaus VIP ship - loving the grills on this machine!

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »
ome more miniatures unveiled tonight - the 5 piece Corporate Security set:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/mutant-chronicles-3rd-ed-rpg/posts/749801

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 07:22:48 AM »
Agents are traditional but nice 8)

Shame they are going to be giants compared to the majority of my miniatures... All the same, if I wanted to pledge for just one miniature set how much should I pledge? Options I can think of:
1 -- £15 + £p&p
2 -- £1 + £15 + £p&p
3 -- £5 + £15 + £p&p

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 11:24:27 PM »
Agents are traditional but nice 8)

Shame they are going to be giants compared to the majority of my miniatures... All the same, if I wanted to pledge for just one miniature set how much should I pledge? Options I can think of:
1 -- £15 + £p&p
2 -- £1 + £15 + £p&p
3 -- £5 + £15 + £p&p

Hi if you just wanted one set yes you'd pledge for the £5 Pledge and choose a £15 Add On for a miniature set, plus postage will depend on where you are in the world (but with the light weight of resin minis it's the cheapest band)

However for £40 (and the same postage as they're so light) you'll get 3 sets of minis with the Miniatures Adept pledge.

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 11:25:29 PM »
Big news today!Jay Little, award winning game designer of Star Wars: Edge of the Empire leads an all-star development team on Mutant Chronicles 3rd Edition  along with developers John Dunn, Jason Marker and writers Dave Allen, Clive Oldfield and Sean Patrick Fannon
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/mutant-chronicles-3rd-ed-rpg/posts/750610

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 06:54:42 AM »
However for £40 (and the same postage as they're so light) you'll get 3 sets of minis with the Miniatures Adept pledge
Always assuming there'll be three sets of minis I would want to have from this KS. We are currently at about 1 to 1.5, but the £5 participation fee for anything less than 3 sets is a bit steep so am not going to get on board yet.