Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 10:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) BioSyndrome *updated with master patient zero miniature 3/18 *  (Read 12281 times)

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
  • Zombies ate my neighbors...
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
Re: (KICKSTARTER) BioSyndrome *updated with miniature stretch goals*
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 11:43:28 PM »
fantasy cards revealed! come check out update 8 for new equipment and weapons (pledges being fulfilled from backers) and lots more information!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1792322775/bio-syndrome-a-survival-horror-table-top-war-game/posts/765326

I appreciate any support from backers here! Thank you!

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »
The fantasy cards look great. The text widow makes it much easier to read.

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 04:37:44 PM »
Thanks! I might add in a few icons and even lighten the text up a bit more depending on how they print out. Also might add in the point costs (though I'm hesitant due to the fact points costs for equipment are quite dependant on the unit equipping it.. (long story but I'll have a very cool release coming soon for anyone interested in designing custom armies..).

The modern cards are going to get a redone version as well. they will end up much like the fantasy cards just a modern theme. Also coming very soon!

The master Patient Zero mini is coming out later this week. We still have plenty of time to get to that stretch goal so I can send him off to the caster. With a little luck most backers will get a nice miniature out of it to use in their games!
=)

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »
Great news! I'm not sure the points on the card would be necessary. I believe the purpose of the cards is for a fast in-game reference, correct? At that point, the cost of equipment is already figured into the lists.

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 02:41:58 PM »
You are correct good sir! I think i'll leave the points off, you'll need to look at the army lists anyways plus it wouldn't fit with the RPG system then. The modern version card is coming along quite nicely! Jericho sent me a draft yesterday morning, should be done with it soon!

Now just waiting on that master "patient zero"!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »
The cards will be P&P?
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 03:05:23 PM »
Yes sir! One of the stretch goals is for actual printed complete card sets mailed to you (one of the higher goals) and if we reach the digital card stretch goal at 1750 (still 200 dollars short) I'm thinking of offereing a selection of physical 1-5 cards for all backers 25$ and up in card sleeves.

Printing them out is actually a lot easier than it may sound, costs about 5 bucks and takes about 20 -25 min.
150 pages of card stock at walmart is 4.50$ (about the same thickness as a alpha magic card) and it's sized to legal paper and works in any home printer. I've sized the digital cards that I have (still missing a bunch, hence the stretch goal) to the exact size of a card sleeve. All you have to do is put in the card stock sheet of paper into your printer, open the page and hit print. The 20 minutes comes from you having to use a scissors and cut them out.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »
Yes sir! One of the stretch goals is for actual printed complete card sets mailed to you (one of the higher goals) and if we reach the digital card stretch goal at 1750 (still 200 dollars short) I'm thinking of offereing a selection of physical 1-5 cards for all backers 25$ and up in card sleeves.

Printing them out is actually a lot easier than it may sound, costs about 5 bucks and takes about 20 -25 min.
150 pages of card stock at walmart is 4.50$ (about the same thickness as a alpha magic card) and it's sized to legal paper and works in any home printer. I've sized the digital cards that I have (still missing a bunch, hence the stretch goal) to the exact size of a card sleeve. All you have to do is put in the card stock sheet of paper into your printer, open the page and hit print. The 20 minutes comes from you having to use a scissors and cut them out.

Oh, P&P is no problem at all, I have a great paper cutter :D  I just wasnt clear and so I thought to ask!

Cheers!

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 07:01:46 PM »
Great! you know i was using scissors and my wife has a really nice paper cutter. g dang it ! why didn't i think of that earlier...

I'll be releasing the new modern card format (background artwork) tonight or tomorrow. Did you like the layout of the fantasy cards? I'm open to input as I haven't actually created all the cards yet, I can still edit the template. Much rather feedback now vs after i made 70+ cards.. haha.

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 01:52:50 AM »
And the modern card layout:

Let me know what you all think! I can adjust the text, icons, layout ect. Update 9 is out on the KS, stop by and check out the latest information!

Thanks!

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 04:12:48 AM »
I like the new format for the modern cards. The text is much easier to read now.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »
The cards look great!  Nice art and easy to read.  I dont care for cards that try to rewrite the rulesbook onto them.  They become way too busy and lose some of their usefulness as a quick reference utility.

Nice stuff, looking forward to seeing them finished!

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, i do appreciate it!

I know what you mean about putting to much text on the card. These are short, simple and to the point. Saves you from having to look back at the rulebook master weapon chart all the time, and everyone loves neat cards! Again, making a video this weekend after I whip up some more and print them out. only 55$ away from the stretch goal!

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
Not sure I am in a position to financially back it but it looks very good. I do hope you get good backing.

are you planning army lists in the rule book?

Also how kid friendly will the artwork be? Zombie stuff tends to be a bit gory compared to what I am willing to show my kids ... my youngest being ten.

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »
Archie: good questions! When i finish the new version 2.0, the original document will be stripped of artwork and be used as the "printer friendly" quick start version. On the other hand, i would avoid showing them the new redesigned version 2/0 as it does have undead zombies and blood. 

The rule books already have army lists! 1.9 (the original) has both a modern and fantasy version.. coalition, zombies, survivors, evil company and even the german whermacht for the modern version and knights, samurai, pirates, undead pirates, zombie horde, dark dragons for fantasy and probably a few more I'm missing. Also it's important to note that you can create your own armies.

And a semi larger preview of the new modern layout! We only need 55 more dollars to reach the stretch goal to unlock all the missing cards! =)

If you haven't pledged already come on down to the kickstarter page and take a look! Thanks.