Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696382
  • Total Topics: 118763
  • Online Today: 494
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) BioSyndrome *updated with master patient zero miniature 3/18 *  (Read 12277 times)

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
  • Zombies ate my neighbors...
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
Re: (KICKSTARTER) BioSyndrome *updated with miniature stretch goals*
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2014, 05:37:04 PM »
Stretch goal for the BioSyndrome cards is unlocked!

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 05:01:03 AM »
AWESOME NEWS!

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 09:24:16 PM »
yes it is good sir!

And we are closing on that 2nd stretch goal "Patient Zero" miniature fairly quickly. only 488 dollars away! =)

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »
first digital print card pack is out! If you don't get a good turn out on the test page with default settings wait until my video comes out. I'll go into optional printing techniques to get a better print run.

link is in update #11
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1792322775/bio-syndrome-a-survival-horror-table-top-war-game/posts/776933

Obviously these are not all the cards, only the cards I currently have artwork for. The stretch goal is unlocked, jericho is buried in work! =)
Enjoy

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2014, 06:25:27 AM »
And stretch goal 2 "Patient Zero" Miniature is unlocked!

new update with more info!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1792322775/bio-syndrome-a-survival-horror-table-top-war-game/posts/777943

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2014, 06:41:15 AM »
Nice.  :D

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2014, 02:57:31 AM »
Master miniature for patient zero. all backers 25 dollars and up!

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
That is a cool looking figure  ;)

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
thanks brummie! I'm definitely looking forward to painting one up!

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
Last few days on the kickstarter!

Come show your support for a free to download game that everyone can enjoy!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1792322775/bio-syndrome-a-survival-horror-table-top-war-game

Support, shares and likes are appreciated, happy wargaming!

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
Re: (KICKSTARTER) BioSyndrome: A free table top survival horror wargame!
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 10:42:20 PM »
So I've been busy this weekend redesigning the entire rule book in photoshop. If anyone would be so kind as to let me know what they think that would be stellar. It is quite tedious and time consuming, the sooner i know i need to fix something the better! (like if the text is too big, or if the template is too much).  Again, feedback is most welcome!

I'm also going through the entire rule book clarifying a lot of stuff. I'm on about page 10 of like 60 or 70.. long way to go. The army lists will be completely redone. The front page will have the artwork, quick view unit chart and some army fluff, following that each unit will get it's own page for stats, miniature examples and available upgrades. This will add quite a bit of content to the rule book. It's also noteworthy that this will increase the amount of ink it takes to print. Instead of scrapping the original google doc version, I'm going to make it all text for a more printer friendly version (no timetable on that yet).

Hope you enjoy the update! Happy wargaming!

This is going to sound nitpickey, but the green text looks really cheap to me. I'd go with a different color.

It also looks very dark, and may print even darker, so you may want to lighten it up a bit.

It looks great otherwise though!
Backed it a few weeks ago.
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
Thanks for the honest feedback (and support)! luckily i can change stuff rather easily now. I can play with different text colors, green seemed to jump out at me and catch my attention.

I'm not sure you'd want to print out the new redesigned version as it is graphic heavy (i'm probably going to though). I'm turning the old v1.9 into a printer friendly edition. Going to strip out all the pictures and fluff, more of a quick start guide that won't eat up ink.

I appreciate you telling me what you think, these are the types of things I need to know so i can make the rule book better for everyone!

Again, only a few days left on the kickstarter! Support, shares and likes are appreciated!

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
Thanks for the honest feedback (and support)! luckily i can change stuff rather easily now. I can play with different text colors, green seemed to jump out at me and catch my attention.

I'm not sure you'd want to print out the new redesigned version as it is graphic heavy (i'm probably going to though). I'm turning the old v1.9 into a printer friendly edition. Going to strip out all the pictures and fluff, more of a quick start guide that won't eat up ink.

I appreciate you telling me what you think, these are the types of things I need to know so i can make the rule book better for everyone!

Again, only a few days left on the kickstarter! Support, shares and likes are appreciated!

Like I said, totally nitpicking... For me, I want the focal point to be the information as much as possible. The background on these just seems a little bit heavy. I definitely would like to see the print version. For me, I still like to hold a copy in my hands... which of course presents a whole different set of concerns when you're doing the layout. It's hard to design for both in mind.

The cards look great! I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this all. I'm sure we'll get some games in with the local crew.

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
Like I said, totally nitpicking... For me, I want the focal point to be the information as much as possible. The background on these just seems a little bit heavy. I definitely would like to see the print version. For me, I still like to hold a copy in my hands... which of course presents a whole different set of concerns when you're doing the layout. It's hard to design for both in mind.

The cards look great! I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this all. I'm sure we'll get some games in with the local crew.

Yes i know what you mean! That is why I've decided to have two separate versions. A nice graphic one you can enjoy on the computer / tablet and a print ready version that has only the meat and potatoes w/ no art to save on ink.

The game is very much a work in progress, lots of goodies to come (and all free i might add)! Now that I have the initial funding I don't have to worry about missing artwork or design elements. Truth be told I'll be hacking away at this project for a long time.. =)

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
The game is very much a work in progress, lots of goodies to come (and all free i might add)! Now that I have the initial funding I don't have to worry about missing artwork or design elements. Truth be told I'll be hacking away at this project for a long time.. =)

Believe me, I know the feeling!