Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan's Lizardman chieftain and shaman, plus poll results  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Khurasan's Lizardman chieftain and shaman, plus poll results
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »
Here's a peek at some more 15mm lizardmen -- two models from the savage lizardmen sets. It's the tribal chieftain and shaman.

Also made are six poses with crude spears, six poses with hand weapons, and two more models for the command set, a drummer and standardbearer.  They have an optional turtleshell shield to provide more protection.

More lizardmen for different periods will be made too. I like lizardmen.  :)

In other news, ranges of kobolds and hobgoblins will be made too -- I've asked for the dollies to be made. What sort of military would the hobgobbos have?  Spear blocks, roman type (short sword and big shield), halberds like early Swiss, or something else?  They are supposed to be the best organised and most uniform of the goblinoids….
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Khurasan's Lizardman chieftain and shaman, plus poll results
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:43:52 AM »
This is HALF OF why I am moving to 15 mm for fantasy... awesome.

As for:

"In other news, ranges of kobolds and hobgoblins will be made too -- I've asked for the dollies to be made. What sort of military would the hobgobbos have?  Spear blocks, roman type (short sword and big shield), halberds like early Swiss, or something else?  They are supposed to be the best organised and most uniform of the goblinoids…."

I would think as Kobolds are open order chaos type swarming troops (in my mind) I would think that Hobgoblins would represent the humanoid version of order and discipline that the Romans represent.  So short swords and big (rectangle/round/oval) shields. Visually I prefer the image of pike blocks but Romans represent the victory of discipline over enthusiasm and physical skills.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!