Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Another set of "figure victims" of my intended scale change  (Read 4603 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Another set of "figure victims" of my intended scale change
« on: March 09, 2014, 06:17:37 PM »
Okay, I was cleaning out another section of the basement army storage and found something else I need to replace:

1)  I have some rebased figures - 24 (Mage knight?) Steam rams and 27 Steam Horses - that I will want to reproduce in 15 mm and then sell off the current figures.  Does anyone make a similar figure in 15 mm?  If not, what might work for an "easy" conversion to steam Horse/Ram mounts?

2) I have some 27 "Flying "steam pack" infantry (Heroclix Hero/Villain type remounted onto Litko bases) that need replacing then selling off.  Does anyone make a similar figure in 15 mm?  If not, what might work for an "easy" conversion to steam "Steam pack" flying infantry?

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: Another set of "figure victims" of my intended scale change
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »
Been considering expanding to 15mm VSF, as well, but hadn't give any thought to same.

(1) Wouldn't medieval horses with armor.(barding?) be a good place to start? Tiny gears at the joints, small tube for stack, either on the rump or mid-shoulder blades (withers?), and a paint job that either has no eyes, or glowing red, and I'd think you'd be done.

Now, if you could find something about the size of a toothpick, but looks structural, and maybe a sharp bend, to replace the legs...

I wonder if my floss holders might work.

Doug

Edit: Weirder still, I suppose you could take the horses, shave them just at the belly, and marry with a 6mm tank hull.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:05:07 PM by The_Beast »

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:22:46 PM »
When you are ready to divest yourself of those steam horses, let me know, would you? I'd like several of them (exact number depends  on what I have, and I don't know from memory how many I have versus how many I need).
J

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »
Hey! I claim dibs! I actually tried to help!!!  >:(

Just teasing; I already have several of the Mage Knight figs waiting for SOMEONE to fix them.  ::)

Glenn, could you say what the fly-guys originally were? I might get a better idea for looking for replacements. Not that I've found any likely candidates...

Doug
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:03:49 PM by The_Beast »

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 10:49:32 PM »
Hey! I claim dibs! I actually tried to help!!!  >:(

Just teasing; I already have several of the Mage Knight figs waiting for SOMEONE to fix them.  ::)

Glenn, could you say what the fly-guys originally were? I might get a better idea for looking for replacements. Not that I've found any likely candidates...

Doug

Some kind of superhero/super villain Heroclix that I saw posted (here?) repainted.  Let me see if I can find a picture of it.

Recovering from unplanned surgery early last night (at home now - it was my gall bladder - after about 232 hours from initial doctor visit to now) so I have not tried going downstairs to the basement to bring the figure up for a photo shot.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 01:52:25 AM »
<snip>

2) I have some 27 "Flying "steam pack" infantry (Heroclix Hero/Villain type remounted onto Litko bases) that need replacing then selling off.  <snip>

Here is the thread of the conversions that were made...

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=26901.0

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
... so I have not tried going downstairs to the basement to bring the figure up for a photo shot.

Gracias,

Glenn

Merde, lad, you should be just watching the blog float by, not even participate!  :o

Here is the thread of the conversions that were made...

Well, those'll be a challenge to find in smaller scale, indeed. The pose reminds me of some two-gun hombres. Might be a start to seek a fig with two guns or a gun and sword, neither extended. Adding rockets and extensions seem easier than converting a fig to the pose.

I'll have a look about, but that might job someone's memory.

Doug

Edit: Have yourself a seat; ideas percolate to the surface in this brain SO slowly...
It occurs to me that most two-pistol figs would have legs spread wide, or stepping. Might require a mid-torso swap, now that I cogitate. Possible opportunity for other halves creating same on the ground...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:25:57 PM by The_Beast »

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 04:12:05 PM »
Okay, having almost zero luck.

Found a two-gun hombre in Blue Moon Old West 15mm, but one pistol pointed at the sky.

Closest arm pose, and they're actually straight out was a piano player.

Not that you'd want the whole pack just to get a guy needing head and legs swap...

Still looking...  ::)

Doug

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
<snip>

Piano Guy would just need harness "built" on character... just... for one figure not bad for a platoon it might become time consuming.  Maybe this is an idea to put into the "waiting for the right figure(s)" brain-box...

No need to rush, at current life (somehow expectantcies doesn't look like a 'real word' but it is 0430 hours,) expectantcies (and given parental, R. I. P., histories,) I have a good future for another 15-20 years, GLW, to come up with an idea.  I do hope to have my smaller armies in the Nursing Home.   ;)

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
Check Black Hat. They have some 18mm Martian Empires stuff, I think maybe some rocket pack Prussians...

http://www.blackhat.co.uk/online_shop/product_info.php?cPath=107_110_172&products_id=1776&osCsid=e921e0a9f264ae8975360683375af8e5

And British... not a great photo (sorry)

http://www.blackhat.co.uk/online_shop/product_info.php?cPath=107_110_111&products_id=1035&osCsid=e921e0a9f264ae8975360683375af8e5

It wouldn't be too expensive to get a pack of each to look at.

Looking like a possibility.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
The Beast and XCIV,  PM me or e-mail me - I believe I have 27 Steam horses (plus steam Rams - need to confirm numbers) i will give you guys first crack at...  Postage and a token cost (basically what they are worth to the two of you) seems fair since I just need to clear some stuff out.

Send me addresses so I can predict postage which may affect you plans...

Garcias,

Glenn

ZorroGames AT att DOT net

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 02:48:36 AM »
If you have any of the Steam horses or rams left over I would be interested in them. We usually build our mounted units in 6 so I wouldn't need the whole lot. I do have a pack of 15/18mm British in Zulu war kit & gasmasks that I got not knowing what scale they were when I ordered them to trade.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +104

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
I believe I have 27 Steam horses (plus steam Rams - need to confirm numbers)
And here i thought i was the only one to have a heard of these in a collection.  :-)

Grimm