Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:16:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690504
  • Total Topics: 118334
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Haste Games Spanish-themed Human Army  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
[KICKSTARTER] Haste Games Spanish-themed Human Army
« on: March 24, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/haste/the-empire-28mm-heroic-scale-medieval-fantasy-huma

I have seen lots of discussion about this over at the warhammer empire forum.  Basically its a not-empire army of Estalians/Spanish.  Looks like it might be promising if they meet all the stretch goals.

I don't think I will be pledging at this point as the wait time is too long and there's not enough actual miniatures to show rather than just 3D renders.  I wish it success though, and would likely pick some up in the future if its successful.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Haste Games Spanish-themed Human Army
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »
I do like that look, so I did kick in.

-Michael

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »

I don't think I will be pledging at this point as the wait time is too long and there's not enough actual miniatures to show rather than just 3D renders.  I wish it success though, and would likely pick some up in the future if its successful.

I agree, they look nice but I'll wait until I see some actual miniatures.

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
I am a little wary of kickstarters, had some good experiences, some less so in the past. I pretty much pass up on the many, many that come along each month, but this one has got my attention. I would really like to see a picture of a plastic mini, but of course they are raising funds to produce just such a thing! It's a catch 22, would prefer to see what I am getting before I pledge, but they can only produce if we pledge. However, there is a sample paint job on arsies website, admittedly of resin casts but they do look rather tasty. I need to check my accounts and get my thinking cap on.

EDIT: Just realised that the sample paint jobs are on the kickstarter site too, that's what happens to my brain when I see something I like, it turns to mush!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:48:55 PM by Nord »

Offline Patsuriku

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:47:01 PM »
The renders sure do look nice, it all looks very "Dark Souls" to me, more than spanish actually (I guess once the Morions will show I'll feel differently). The sample paint jobs are impressive too.
Is that company known for some miniatures already ? I googled a bit but couldn't find much info about them. The whole project looks quite well designed though, and very pro looking so far.
Now to pledge or not... I'm very tempted!

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »
I had not heard about them before this either.

I have been starting to view KS campaigns more and more like a venture capital investment.  If anyone has ever watched the Shark Tank or Dragons Den, that's what I mean.

Does the company have a proven track record of delivering product?
Does the company have prior sales?
Is the product ready to go?
How long do I have to wait to get a return for my investment (in this case, the perks)?

My decision to pass on the project is based on what I perceived as answers to those questions. 

If this was an established company promoting 3D renders only, I might consider pledging.  If it was a new company that had resin masters ready for all the products and a 4 month wait time for product, I might consider as well.

I may reconsider if things start getting unlocked, but for now I will simply watch with interest and cheer from the sidelines.