Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:09:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696883
  • Total Topics: 118797
  • Online Today: 501
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) DRAKERYS: .......Dark Dwarf Army arrives...... last 48 hours.  (Read 5450 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Two of the 3 guys behind this upcoming KS are from the old Rackham/Confrontation design team (artists not management) including sculpts from other ex-Rackham artist. One of them (Mohand) is also responsible for the superb 'Eden' game and miniatures put out by Taban.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dontpanicgames/drakerys-the-miniature-game

"..... Drakerys is a 32mm miniature game using popular themes and a modern battle system. Each player commands from ten to sixty miniatures.........The miniature range will begin with three main products: a 2-armies Starter Box with 38 miniatures and two single army boxes (17 and 18 miniatures, respectively), along with additional unit boxes. The miniature core material will be full plastic or plastic/resin mix (resin for special miniatures like heroes) depending on the amount of details for each miniature....."

Looks as if the models will fit perfectly with the old Rackham Orc and Griffin and Lion models. I think this KS will likely be very popular and probably expensive.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:42:18 PM by robh »

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
Re: (KICKSTARTER)....coming soon: Drakerys
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:46:53 PM »
Sounds good on paper as I love the old Rackham confrontation stuff, but I have to admit those first few images do nothing for me, a hero assembled in 3 ways in a static pose and a bunch of okay-ish orcs, plus plastic/resin, and at least some of it is pre-assembled? at least it's not pre-painted but not to impressed so far, but will keep an eye on it anyway.

although lot's of southpaws, so somebody will probably be happy  ;)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »
Yes, the initial starter is pre-assembled but the faction boxes and later extra sets/units are multipart.
But I think those orcs are great (and the bigger one on the FB page) I really like the Paul Bonner Orcs

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:46:48 PM »
Not to bitch but the Rackhan stuff was 100 times better... dont see anything Bonnerish in them...
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:16:18 PM »
Yep, those images do absolutely ZERO for me.  They remind me more of the ill fated Ex Illis than anything Rackham styled (and that's not a compliment).  Eh.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 10:11:22 AM »
I will wait for the KS to start with some interest. Been looking for some more whimiscal figures and these might be good for the job, depending on price of course.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »
Yuk!

Not Rackham's best sculptors then! I want to like them but they're just wooden, awkward sculpts that look like Rackham's later metals but with all the dynamism and character sucked out. And plastic resin? I predict when product finally gets delivered there'll be a great chorus of "Meh".

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 02:35:21 PM »
Ugly models made to look "almost decent" with a super paintjob.

Still, not amount of polishing can disguise a turd, as those Orcs clearly show.

From the talent involved, I'd have expected better. Also, does no company ever learn how much most people hate "resin plastic"?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »
Probably not much interest here judging by the previous posts but the KS for this new game is due to begin 1400 (GMT) on Monday 26th May.

There is now a limited webpage as well as the much more informative Facebook already linked above

http://www.drakerys.com/

I still really like the look of these orc figures, but no clues as to likely pricing or expected physical availability yet.
Apparently there are Elf, Dwarf and Barbarian figures to be "unlocked" so presumably as stretch goals and/or add ons.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (KICKSTARTER) now underway DRAKERYS
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 06:36:46 PM »
Underway and absolutely flying;  fully funded to $35k in 4 hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dontpanicgames/drakerys-the-miniature-game

Lots more pictures of the figures. Some really great KS exclusives free with the pledges that really show the Rackham heritage of this range.

edit:    Sadly it seems from discussions I instigated on the KS comments thread that what they have been calling "Hard Plastic" is actually PVC (Restic) crap.  Bollocks! :-[
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:17:19 PM by robh »

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »
I am in for now. If it turns out it is the same plastic stuff like Zombicide I am out. They are a b**ch to clean. For now they have the benefit of the doubt. I especially like the elementals.

Cheers,

Za

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 01:53:22 PM »
They keep sidestepping questions about the material despite several of us asking directly for comparisons with other ranges. I am in 2 minds about sticking with my pledge too.
If the PVC used is the same or harder than the Rackham pre-paint plastic I am happy, that was pretty easy to work with.

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 10:19:00 PM »
Yeah, it seems like a very straightforward question. What is the quality of the plastic. The sidestepping makes me worry. Like I said if the plastic seems/feels iffy to me I am out.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 12:55:19 AM »
This is a shame.  I've always like Rackham stuff and this looks like a very reasonable value for what you get - but I think the miniatures are (for the most part) absolutely terrible looking.  I love the Minotaurs...that's it.   lol  Oh well, shame.

I do hope the material is quality for you guys.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 08:41:01 AM »
I feel that I should point out that the "Eden Boardgame" (whatever it was actually called... Escape or something?) was all done in resin-plastic.

Therefore, if you are expecting anything other than the Mantic/Privateer Press/Sedition Wars plastics, you are almost certain to be disappointed.  :?