Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:57:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 633
Total: 636

Recent

Author Topic: Thought about posting this on the general VSF forum  (Read 938 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Thought about posting this on the general VSF forum
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »
But it is intended for IHMN...

Looking at all the "Jane" * figures out there (lots of them have blade and "jungle garb" look like the "Jane" figure in Foundry's Deadlier than the male set,) but in the supplemental Tarzan Company on the IHMN site it gives Jane a pistol by default, for self-protection I assume.  Based on the description I see her more "Victorian Lady" than "Gone Native Babe" in look.  So what figures do I have that meet that description?

So I was looking at my female adult Victorian female figures, (none of the Cowgirl oriented ones although being an American, IIRC, I suppose she could go 'that route' or even American Indian stereotype if you designed her that way,) I see "Miss Brodie" from Foundry's Deadlier than the Male set and I see Lady Constance from Foundry's Roses of the Empire set.  Both have pistols, Victorian garb, and fit size-wise with my current figures for this company.  Neither quite fits the image burned into my brain by multiple viewings of Disney's pleasant animated movie which seems as viable as the "Jane" presented in the original book, (pleasant enough but hardly capable of surviving in the jungle without a lot of character "growth" involved or a shit load of "modern" equipment beyond a pistol and ammunition.)   Miss Brodie seems older and harder looking than I was thinking.  Lady Constance looks a bit more paramilitary, (Blouse and Belt does that for me,) but better over all than Miss Brodie.

If I add a pistol to either Frau Schadenfruede or Fifi I would consider one of those figures but I wanted to avoid the problem of fitting a pistol unto figures obviously intended to be unarmed (based on arm position and outfit being holster and belt unfriendly in design.)

I guess ideally I need a "Jane" figure with a holstered pistol carrying Jane, (sun helmet or parasol would be nice,)  in a  a more generic care-giving or at least non-specific looking action.

Any suggestions?

Gracias,

Glenn

Who has 2 x Miss Stanhope, 2 x Agnes day, 2 x Mimi, 2 x Frau Schadenfreude, 1 x Jane, 1 x Miss Brodie, 1 x Miss Baedecker; 1 x lady Constance, 1 x Miss Emily, 1 x Miss primm, 1 x Fifi, 1 x Mrs French-Sheldon, 1 x Florence Baker, 1 x Mary Reilly from Foundry [plus many practical - and 'modern' looking, hence impractical for any sense of historical accuracy, -  dressed cowgirls.]

* let us not be hypocrites and call them "not-Jane" shall we?
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!