Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I thought this was some kind of alchemist forum...where am I??  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Smoke3

• Schoolboy
  • Duty Now for the Future!
I thought this was some kind of alchemist forum...where am I??
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »
Hello everyone,

Don't worry, I know where I am by the way.  I found this forum and ended up running across posts of all the other miniature hobby folks I follow on blogs, lurk after on other forums, and skulk around behind in general.  I am only an interested lurker at the moment, as I do not have the financial or temporal freedom to actively pursue this hobby  :'(.  That's what two daughters do to you.  :) :-*  I love em though, so it works out. 

My interests include Sci-fi, Weird war, and WWII miniature gaming, terrain, and painting.

Thanks for reading and I will see you out there! 

Cheers

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: I thought this was some kind of alchemist forum...where am I??
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:41:12 PM »
So much to do, so little time… :(

Welcome to LAF though ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Last Chancer

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 02:14:56 AM »
Welcome. I too am located in the great metropolitian area of Denver.

Howdy

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:54:20 AM »
Welcome aboard, my good man. The hobby certainly can be expensive but we all start out small. A blister here, a blister there. And then the horde is so huge it's a mountain and you're intimidated by it and distraught on where to start painting from. :)

Perhaps you could get some managerial tips from Commander Vyper? I think he's got us all in shame at the moment if my memory is still intact.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline Smoke3

• Schoolboy
  • Duty Now for the Future!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 05:11:18 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.  Well I guess I was a little miss-leading. I used to be very much into this hobby and recently sold off my 2000 point space marine army.  *Sigh*...actually it felt really good watching that get shipped off to some other poor sap who does want to play 40K. Hope I haven't burnt any bridges there... ;)

Last Chancer... nice to see someone else local. Do you have a local game store you frequent?

Thanks again for the welcome!

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 03:38:34 AM »
I used to be very much into this hobby and recently sold off my 2000 point space marine army.  *Sigh*...actually it felt really good watching that get shipped off to some other poor sap who does want to play 40K. Hope I haven't burnt any bridges there... ;)

Ha! A convert. My gaming group which often plays 40k rather dislikes the spess murrreen player and his nigh-unstoppable and cheezy 'reen force to the point they got him to start a space orc force because no one wanted to bother with it anymore. It's alright to have been under Games Workshop's spell at one point, a lot are in the beginning. I still fancy the Tau Empire, Tyranids and Lizardmen myself. Make good enemies for just about anything else miniatures-related.

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »
Welcome - pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

as I do not have the financial or temporal freedom to actively pursue this hobby

Go with the kids - they grow up but the hobby stays  :)

But if you can squeeze a little time (they do sleep don't they?) you could do worse than visit http://onemonk.com/Home.html as his figures are now FOC  ;D for rules visit http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/ and have a scout around.  Minimal cost to keep your hand in.

Andrew