Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:15:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Flintloque report 5-4-14 Mordred moonlights as a Rat Catcher  (Read 1333 times)

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
This Sunday's game I faced off with my Ferach against those pesky Joccians. Now, we didn't have a full game cause Republic's Fury and myself were being asses and not helping two new players learn the ropes and we rather changed our tune at mid game and were attentive to getting those rules taught well and fully. Still I got a few pictures as my fortunes changed and the Ferach outright put a hurt on those pesky Joccian rats.

My forces lined up to run through and have a nice, friendly, straight forward, scrum.

Then I'm like, "hey, let's put some background in there!"

Now, Lieutenant Boucher is both drunken AND cowardly but this game he was only cowardly so he lagged behind as his two loyal privates marched forward. I'd note that in his section these are the two privates ONLY loyal to him as the 2nd lieutenant and another private HATE Boucher and two other privates are thieving scum and EVERYONE hates them as well...

Joccians jocket for position but are unable to outflank the Ferach.

So, I send out a Private as sacrificial meat for the rats and surprisingly he totally cuts the Joccian down rather than just hampering the advance as intended. And then the private goes and wins another melee after that taking down two Joccians cleanly.

The 2nd Lieutenant starts his advance but decides to let black powder rule the day and muskets open up deadly fire on the Joccians.

Rats move forward yet again

And there's that second Joccian that charged and was cut down.

About this time the section leader of the Joccians said, "Hey, shouldn't you help those two guys playing over there as we're near half casualties so we're ready to retreat already."

And the 2nd Lieutenant says, "Ferach dueling pistols carry the day! Go back to your King Gorge and tell him we shall overcome and counquer!"

And that was the game. Great days, new players and a new campaign starting. Hopefully I'll get my butt in gear and start taking pictures of all the games.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:06:43 AM by TwoGunBob »

Offline RepublicsFury

• Bookworm
Re: Flintloque report 5-4-14 Modred moonlights as a Rat Catcher
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:56:11 AM »
You forgot to mention the fact that Vermin was on the field and drunk as usual.  He threw his fire flask and when that failed to hit he took off and left everyone there to fend for themselves.  Typical Vermin!

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
Re: Flintloque report 5-4-14 Mordred moonlights as a Rat Catcher
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 06:05:03 AM »
Yes, just this once the fyre flask actually missed rather than inflicting horrid casualties on my section. I told you the law of averages was going to swing a game in my favor eventually it's unfortunate that the rest of the campaign will reflect my usual bad dice rolls and ineptness on the battlefield.

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »
Thank you for another great after-action-report.

Tony

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »
Thanks for another entertaining AAR. Always like to see Flintloque in action.