Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:07:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Flintloque AAR Mordred gets spanked, Joccian uprising quelled  (Read 3142 times)

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
This is a hard one to write. If only that it is a woeful tale if inglorious failure at every stage. I've played a *lot* of Flintloque over the years but today was by far my worse showing. I took my Ferach elves for a spin if only cause no one plays Mordred's Grande Armee and I figured Valon's most famous army needed a showing. This however was not the showing I'd hoped for.

I'll see if I can chronicle the true ineptness of the Ferach line today as they attempted to reclaim a piece of artillery left in the oddly familiar town of Appeers in Awl Battul Rapports by TooGunnBawb.

This went well. The group moved swiftly into town in column formation and then spread out to try to flank the advancing orcs. Using superior speed and agility they set themselves up to hem to orcs in. At this point the strategy is solid.

Alongside we had the Joccian rats facing off against the Albion orcs and if I judge correctly the Joccian line suffered a fate similar to my own.

I was far too wrapped up in getting slaughtered to quite follow that side of the battle however so you'll forgive the terse commentary.

Now, what we fail to get here is that my section leader stepped forward to guard a sharpshooter taking aim and an orc bust through, used the boarding technique to shoot the section leader in the face with an artillerie pistol, and fall over laughing. Well, okay the section leader somehow managed to win melee but not score a wound on the orc.

And it was just down the bog from there on out. Elves are decidedly weak in melee combat but are renown sharp shooters. Excepting that I was in control of them. In all the musket fire that happened throughout the game I only landed two accurate shots *THE ENTIRE GAME* which is phenomenal as I was often at close range with a 65%-75% chance to hit. Buon-Partee, patron god of the elves was totally having a laugh at my expense here.

This is where the section leader caught a musket ball in the choppers and his back up fired his musket off in the air to try to startle orc.

Rats and orcs, more rebellion

Ready, aim, careful now, aim some more, and fire! In the air! More musket fire misses.

"Onward to victory! I am very much assured my head will not be separated from my shoulders!"

"Holy hell! Did you see how far the second lieutenant's head flew off his shoulders?"

So, this flanking operation was a success as the Ferach elves masterfully fired their muskets off in the air some more to draw the attention of the orcs.

As section leader, Lieutenant Renoir feels obligated to keep his head... At least for the moment.

Meanwhile at the other table the Joccians have lost their section leader and second in command at this point.

And it's not really a rallying moment for the elves either.

Lieutenant Renoir runs away but rallies for one more attempt at glory.

And gets hacked down for his trouble which causes the section to pretty much begin a proper flight for the hills. But not before a grenade lands in the middle of two sharpshooters on the hill.

And that was it. The section was under 50%, both leaders slaughtered, it was endgame.

A fun game even if I failed to scratch anything on the table. I will say that my Ferach are going back in the box until they learn to shoot straight although we have a new Burrovian player incoming and I believe he fully expects elves to be tabled for the slaughter. I'll confess I'm ready to bring back my zombies, vampires, and werewolves at this point however. Next game in May, see you then!

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Flintloque AAR Mordred gets spanked, Joccian uprising quelled
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »
I've said it for years,

"Them Helves is not made of the right stuff. Not fit to wipe the boots of our fine Orc Redcoats. Ahem."

Thanks for the report - a great victory for The Albion.

Tony

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
Interesting report, hopefully soon I'll get my Flintloque sections out on the table and see how the Ferach do.

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
The terrain and the figures look great. I love seeing Flintloque figures on a nice table.  Great report! I would love to see a front shot of the Joccians if you have one.

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 04:25:41 AM »
I will absolutely get better pics of the Joccians at next month's game. Although it's preordained apparently that I will take the bad luck Ferach up against Burrovians in May.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:27:08 PM »
Great batrep! Those must be the best-dressed Orcs in all of Valon!

It's always a pleasure seeing these miniatures painted up. Put's my meagre collection of painted miniatures to shame. I have far too much unpainted Flintloque!!!

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 10:06:34 PM »
Love it. Always a pleasure to see the pics and read about your exploits.

RMZ

Offline RepublicsFury

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 01:43:54 PM »
I've been sitting on the sidelines too long, I too will post up an AAR next month when we meet on the field of honor.  We are also deciding if we are going to use my Black Powder Storm rules for the campaign (http://darkagepress.com/indexBPSFllintloque.html) or the system in the books. 

Hail Joccia, may she live forever! Down with George!

See ya soon,

Karl