Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Revell Easy Kit Pocket Star Wars Scale  (Read 8119 times)

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Revell Easy Kit Pocket Star Wars Scale
« on: May 13, 2014, 12:07:50 AM »
So, for those who are in the know. What scale, if any, are the Revell Easy Kit Pocket Star Wars Scale?
These are the kits i am referring to.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234930479-millennium-falcon-and-x-wing-revell-easykit-pocket/
The Falcon is a totally different scale obviously. But the X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Anakin's bubble jedi fighter, a Snow Speeder as well. It is the series in this kind of packaging.

Grimm

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Revell Easy Kit Pocket Star Wars Scale
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »
Hmmm...intriguing.  I hope to see some answers to this.  Nice little kit there.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
This is my boomstick!

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 02:01:00 AM »
There are 1/48 Kits of the X-wing, Tie fighter and Tie advanced, Hobby Link Japan has them. I think the other fighters are on the way too.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 02:29:23 AM »
Hmmm...intriguing.  I hope to see some answers to this.  Nice little kit there.
Same here. Have a source for a few but couldn't get a proper scale on em.

Try this thread:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=25182.0
Sorry Dave, not useful. I am curious on the pocket kits. The link is about easy kits. I think from the convo in the thread are different sizes.

There are 1/48 Kits of the X-wing, Tie fighter and Tie advanced, Hobby Link Japan has them. I think the other fighters are on the way too.
Yeah not looking to what is out there. I am looking for the scale of the series of kits i linked. I know they are not 1/48 scale. I am curious to know the scale of the Easy Pocket Kits by Revell.

Anyone else out there???

Grimm

Offline Grizzly

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 04:59:45 AM »

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 05:37:11 AM »
I have had the pocket model Falcon (two of them actually) for some time, I have been meaning to chop them up a bit and use two same sides from two kits to form a different type of YT-series freighter. The kit is, IIRC, slightly smaller in diameter in comparison with the X-Wing game Falcon but not so much that it would make a big difference. I can take pics in the evening, when I get home from work.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 07:22:02 AM »
Scalewise, the kits are all over the place. They are all around the same same size... so the Millenium Falcon is the same size as DV's Tie fighter and the Republic Gunship.

Here's the Jedi Starfighter with a Grymn (Space Dwarf - 22mm tall from base of foot to the top of his head):

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 07:34:21 AM »
Dimensions of Revell Easy Kit Pocket Star Wars Millenium Falcon:

length: 100mm
width: 77mm

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 08:51:38 AM »

I'm guessing from the above image that the X-wing is roughly 10-12mm.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 08:58:47 AM »
Dimensions of Revell Easy Kit Pocket Star Wars Millenium Falcon:

length: 100mm
width: 77mm

Yup.

It is slightly smaller than the FFG X-Wing game Falcon. I'm using one to convert into a YT-2000 for that game, and according to the Haynes Millennium Falcon Owner's Manual, the size is just right for that. A quick measure confirms that the length of my YT-2000 is spot on in 1/270 scale.

As for the other Pocket Kits; as mentioned before, the scales are all over the place. Basically they're all scaled to fit into the packaging format.

I have some Sith Intruders which I converted into small corvettes for a SciFi project I (still) have running. they're somewhere in this thread.
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 09:11:03 AM »
Looks like some useful bits could be stolen from a couple of those for other projects in 28mm.  Thanks for the pics.

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 09:21:21 AM »
Some of these kits are available from The Works (UK based discount book store).

Tony

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »
Also be wary of the fact that these kits come packaged in different ways, but are still the very same kits, even though they're sometimes priced differently!

I've had a heated argument with a model store owner, when I found two Millennium Falcon kits; one in a foil bag and one in a plastic blister. The foil bag was priced € 2,- higher than the blister, and I asked him if I could see the contents of the foil bag. If it was more detailed (as was to be expected due to the higher price), I would buy it as is, but if the kit was the same as the one in the blister, I wanted to pay the lower price as after all both kits would be the same.

Turned out the kit was the same, but he then refused to charge the lower price. I upheld my end of the deal and bought the kit, but only grudgingly and after attempts to convince him of the fallacy of such a situation.

This far, I've seen those kits in small card boxes, plastic blisters and foil bags. So always go for the cheapest one; all are exactly the same...

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 09:49:22 AM »
The scales on the snowspeeder and Jedi fighter are slightly optimistic. They claim to be 1:52 and 1:58, but the figures are much closer to 1:72.

I'm using the Jedi fighters as unmanned 28mm ground attack aircraft, so I've painted over the cockpit windows (and removed the R2 units). I also drilled them out to take normal flight bases as they come without any bases whatsoever.

The snowspeeder is about the same length as a GW landspeeder, so will be another ground attack type vehicle. I'm just going to black out the windows, although they're so small it's difficult to see inside anyway.

I'm thinking about using Slave 1 as a single person shuttle craft, again with the windows blacked out.

There's nothing really on the kits to lock them to a particular scale, so fudging is definitely possible.

I picked up one of the larger (non pocket) Sith Inflitrator kits (I think it claims 1:120). I think it'll work as a fighter/bomber, but I'm not sure yet. The smaller kit should make yet another ground attack craft, but I haven't done anything with it yet.