Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:39:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690837
  • Total Topics: 118355
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone using Revell easykit pocket starwars models for space dogfight ?  (Read 2375 times)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hi,

I wonder if anyone is using revell easykit pocket models for space dogfight gaming. they are cheap, and full of detailed with detailed cockpit. The size is OK, I believe it's something between 15mm and 25mm scale (speaking of pilots).

thanks

former user

I have some Jedi Fighters in two scales on the conversion workbench for some time, but I am not getting on with them

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
I'd think they run the risk of being just a little too large, but there's noting stopping someone from using them with say Fantasy Flight Games rules, but on the floor instead of the table.

former user

the jedi fighters are just the right size, 1/48, they appear unrealistically small

the other scale is 1:30, but these I am heavily converting to a 2 seater fighter/bomber, so they are fine as well.
I don't want to use them as wargaming units but more as hangar scenery BSG style

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Are the tie fighter and xwing the same scale  ???

former user

I don't think so
if You look up the Revell online catalogue, some SW models have the scale mentioned

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
I've used several Sith Infiltrator Snap-Fix models, which I got at bargain price during a local toystore's sale, as conversion fodder for the space ship collection our group uses during SciFi RPG sessions.

Scale is roughly that of the Silent Death fighters, as I have a ton of those, so the Infiltrators are now good sized Corvette type ships. I only added some 1/72 bomb and rocket parts and assorted greeblies to disguise the shape:

So, even though I do not use them as actual fighters, they still see some regular dogfighting... 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
Daeothar, those look brilliant. I plan to steal that idea at the first opportunity. I'll probably even use the same colors. Fantastic!!!