Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690808
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 6MM Sci Fi buildings/scenery help (Now with added Oldhammer talk ;) )  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Hey boys & girls + plus boys with manboobs  :D

I've got into SMV2 alot recently, so much so I'm building up some scenery for a new gaming table (Imperial urban world but swampy and Ork invaded). So would be after both huts/shacks for Ork camps and more Imperial buildings that are both complete or wrecked/damaged.

Now I was wondering what is out there (companies or sets) and what would people recommend either first hand or hearing good things.

I've ordered some Deamonscape Buildings and hand a look on Anglebarracks,  so anyone have any advice? pictures of you own painted up would be nice too as it'll give some ideas.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:05:03 PM by Chico »

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Re: 6MM Sci Fi buildings/scenery help
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 09:31:57 PM »
Hey boys & girls + plus boys with manboobs  :D

I've got into SMV2 alot recently, so much so I'm building up some scenery for a new gaming table (Imperial urban world but swampy and Ork invaded). So would be after both huts/shacks for Ork camps and more Imperial buildings that are both complete or wrecked/damaged.

Now I was wondering what is out there (companies or sets) and what would people recommend either first hand or hearing good things.

I've ordered some Deamonscape Buildings and hand a look on Anglebarracks,  so anyone have any advice? pictures of you own painted up would be nice too as it'll give some ideas.

Cheers

Germy has some 6mm paper model terrain. Even if you're not interested in paper terrain, you could use the files as templates for scratchbuilding your own.
linky

There are more available, but since I'm @ work, I've got no access to my collection of links  ::)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Overrevdsquat

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:52:08 PM »
Raid the recycling bin.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:14:01 PM »
Raid the recycling bin.

Can you identify a few of the bits you have recycled?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »
You could search on ebay for a seller called wargame-model-mods, I think I saw his kits at Retford show and although most are aimed at 40k or 28mm

Otherwise there are some very good looking buildings for Dropzone Commander (yes I know they are supposed to be 10mm, but aliens might be tall) including some MDF ones.

Ground Zero might know of some (I seem to recall they stocked some 6mm terrain a while back)  http://shop.groundzerogames.co.uk/

There was a range from Mainly Military & MBG, but they were aquired by Chiltern Miniatures in 2011 and have subsequently vanished.

Brigade Models have some nice pieces http://www.brigademodels.co.uk/6mmSF/index.html

Old Crow used to have some really nice stuff but may be difficult to get hold of.
There was a thread on here a few weeks ago saying how to get pieces.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »
Thanks for the help and links so far everyone :) Brigade Models have some rather nice bits I see a order to them at some point :)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 08:02:52 AM »
Impressive how everything will look like a building once you paint it grey and arrange it nicely.  lol
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 09:32:26 AM »
This is quite interesting. And the suggestion of raiding the recycle bin is very commandable. Give this man a medal. Or better...The much coveted BFGI award. I will definitely be looking into the possibility of using this idea more closely. Cheers

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 09:44:07 AM »

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 11:31:51 AM »
some N gauge (10mm) scenery would be useful for bigger skyscrapers etc. GZG used to do some resin 6mm sci-fi buildings, don't know if they or someone else has them now. quite easy to kitbash stuff at this scale too. various other scale sci-fi bits can easily be chooped up and re-used - perhaps a wrecked spaceship could for the mainstay for some ork buildings/ork encapment. also look at the 6mm WW2/Modern stuff - the adobe style middle eastern buildings look like the old 2nd ED 40K ork buildings.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 03:48:28 AM »
AB carry the Brigade models and they're pretty sweet. I don't know if New Hope Design are still going but they had some good pieces. Mainly military did some sci-fi I swear but they sold off their lines all over so good luck with finding those. I know Leven had some. Monday Knight Productions, bnice pieces horrible web site, the old SnapDragon bits are sexy and over at Moondragons although mainly bunkers they have about a dozen general buildings too, GZG have a few bits, can't think of much more... oh second city games have a small range, and jrminis have some massive ones more battletech than anything else.

Make some too! Good tutorial here: http://6mm.wargaming.info/page10.shtml

Might also be worth having a look on ebay for epic/epic amageddon.

Offline Evil Steve

• Assistant
  • So. Very. Angry.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 04:27:49 AM »
Can you identify a few of the bits you have recycled?

Throwing some guesses out here...

Slightly left of dead centre is a rooftop cylinder.  That's a spray paint can lid.

Bottom edge of the table right of centre is a rooftop dome.  Half of a plastic easter egg or half a ping-pong ball.

Upper right round building at the edge of the city looks like three food containers stacked bottom up-top up-bottom up.

Middle of page, right side, three rows of buildings going off the picture look like breaker switch boxes from a home improvement store.

The red things scattered throughout are Squats from GW's recycle bin.

Lowering your Quality of Life since 1971.

\"I\'m an awful human being.\"

Offline Gary Mitchell

• Librarian
    • Space Vixens From Mars
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 04:48:01 AM »
Try Angel Barracks - their stuff is goof.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 09:42:20 AM »
Once again thank you everyone for your help and knowledge :)

You all get free Interweb cookies!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »
Hawk Wargames has a pile of free buildings here that you can print out and make for quick and cheap Imperial buildings. They are for 10mm scale rather than 6mm scale, but if you print at 60% size it kinda solves that problem! ;)

Hawk also sell these pre-printed onto cardboard, and can be found online for £25.00-30.00 a set (and despite being 10mm scale, they still fit Epic okay IMO).