Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:41:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Heroic scale early war allied heads (Adrians & Brodies)?  (Read 984 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
I asked this a few days ago in the WWI boards, but it occurs to me that maybe that's the wrong place for my particular question.

I posted in the wanted thread that I'm looking for a few conversion heads - I need Brodie helmets and Adrians (the Adrians are more important).

Forgotten Glorious was suggested and they're not bad (the figures certainly have plenty of poilu character), but to be honest the Adrians don't look too much like helmets - the crest is lazy and the brim's all wrong and if I'm going to greenstuff a fix for something so fiddly, I might as well just try to sculpt the helmets in their entirety. 

It might come to my buying a figure or two and just doing pressmolds of the helmet. Who makes larger (i.e. heroic scale, or at least big enough to match Copplestone bodies) figures in Adrians or Brodies?

I know Renegade had a larger line, but they had no French and they're closed at the moment anyway.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

former user

Re: Heroic scale early war allied heads (Adrians & Brodies)?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:09:17 AM »
well, first of all, Woodbine Designs can probably serve with their separate heads, but then,

why don't You just commission some? that shouldn't be a big deal... and I am sure You will find people who need some and thus help You finance it...

basically every french and british soldier with a hat and without a helmet after 1916 needs one...

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Heroic scale early war allied heads (Adrians & Brodies)?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:12:29 PM »
The Woodbine Adrian looked really nice, but I'm not sure how it'd fit on a Copplestone figure? 

Could anyone post a comparison?

If not, I may just buy some of the Woodbine heads anyway. They look nice and I'm more than willing to blow £2 on a gamble (I'm ignoring shipping because there's a couple of figures I've been meaning to order from Gripping Beast anyway). I've used West Wind heads on Copplestone bodies and it was close enough to work.