Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:26:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Crimson Skies AAR - Kidnapping the Green Lady  (Read 1193 times)

Offline cyagen

• Bookworm
  • Rule Lawyer
Crimson Skies AAR - Kidnapping the Green Lady
« on: May 21, 2014, 04:20:30 PM »
This was a simple mission, the attacking team must take control of the zeppelin.

I had forgotten my camera, so I had to improvise and use my 6 years old mobile, so apologies for the low rez of the pictures.

This is a commercial zep with double 40s everywhere (and DE 3). I used a simplify version of the zep rule and we did not apply damage to the zep.

It starts as a 6 vs 4 game with 2 planes that can launch from the zep.

Set up

The bad guys

Sneak attack on the zep using flak rockets (I know nacelles are immune to flak but as I said, we simplified the rules)

I quickly lost an Avenger and a furball developped at the front of the zep

The Sandhill and the Vampire played chicken and the Vampire ended up with a burning MG round that eventually burned in a fuel tank. The Sandhill took a considerable amount of damage but survived.

The first of the reinforcement arrives to take care of the Devastators working on the nacelles. The Brigand would eventually shoot down the tan Devastator

Having lost 2 planes and with the arrival of the second reinforcement, the pirates decided to retreat. (For the move of the blue Devastator we expended the movement template to allow a 5R1B move (2Gs).

A clear win for the Maritime Provinces.

Debriefing

Attacking a zep from the front is a hard job. If I would replay the scenario, the attacker would set up on a side of the Zep.

4 defending fighters may be too much to start with. May be the defenders should start with 2, than get 2 in reinforcement than the right to launch the 2 others. This would need to be tested.

The Sandhill is a tank! There is a lot of armor on this thing. It turned out to be surprisingly efficient, it is a very decent heavy fighter.

Until the next time!

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
Re: Crimson Skies AAR - Kidnapping the Green Lady
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »
Looks like fun. Didn't realize there was a Crimson Skies table top game out there.

Offline cyagen

• Bookworm
  • Rule Lawyer
Re: Crimson Skies AAR - Kidnapping the Green Lady
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »
Yep, it came out before the computer game.

Unfortunately FASA died before the game could build up a decent following, but there are still hardcore crazies like me that are still playing it.