Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: For those about to......glue resin.  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
For those about to......glue resin.
« on: May 29, 2014, 08:49:52 PM »
Hello people from LAF, yes i have a Battle for Alabaster Grendlr that i bought for a rather fair price from a friendly LAF'er. Right now i am in the proces of cleaning up the parts (minor trimming) and seeing how it all fits together.
The miniature is i think from resin and i know i have read somewhere that you have to be carefull when glueing it together. Special glue? Or only with a full moon? Hopefully some of the more experienced fellow hobbyists can help out. Cheers.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Re: For those about to......glue resin.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »
Wash it with a mild dish detergent first to remove any mold release that might be on the surface.  If it is there it will not glue well.  I always pin resin.  It is overkill and unnecessary in most cases but I tend to over-engineer.  For glue, superglue will work, and so will two part epoxy resin (or plastic depending on the country).  Try not to use the super watery superglue.  It will run off the surface.  I prefer gel superglue for this application.  Rubber band or clamp the parts while the glue is setting.  My two cents and I hope that helps. 
Snitchy sends.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
Re: For those about to......glue resin.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 02:44:09 PM »
Wash it with a mild dish detergent first to remove any mold release that might be on the surface.  If it is there it will not glue well.  I always pin resin.  It is overkill and unnecessary in most cases but I tend to over-engineer.  For glue, superglue will work, and so will two part epoxy resin (or plastic depending on the country).  Try not to use the super watery superglue.  It will run off the surface.  I prefer gel superglue for this application.  Rubber band or clamp the parts while the glue is setting.  My two cents and I hope that helps. 
Snitchy sends.
Thanks Snitchy  8)